Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Cael posted:

Did Hickman's final S.H.I.E.L.D. issue ever come out? Since most likely the answer to that is 'no', has there been ANY indication of when it will?

No. No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Should I be psyched about a Lemire Moon Knight?
Eh? I don't know if "psyched" is the best word. Cautiously optimistic?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I've never read Howard the Duck in my life, is that supposed to be Lea Thompson's character.

Yes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Superstring posted:

That's weird. Wonder why the Star Wars playset of all things tanked.
Oh boy, they're just so tired of all these star wars.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I just learned that Damage Control was secretly pulling the strings that led to Civil War. Like, uh, what?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Caper posted:

I just have a quick question: Where is Thor? As in, the Odinson one? Do we know where he is? I haven't seen him in anything since the relaunch (or I guess since he was defeated by the Beyonders). Has he been seen since then?
Someone mentioned not too far up that he was in the most recent issues of Mighty Thor.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

The rumors I heard, complete with grain of salt, is the final page is Cap saying 'Hail Hydra!' and that he's been a Hydra agent since being brought into the organization as a child by his mother.
What if everything I knew...was wrong?!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
If Steve can recover from becoming a werewolf, he can put this behind him one day as well.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I hadn't seen this mentioned, and well, it sure is timely and topical to this here Cap discussion:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gay-captain-america-xxx-parody_us_5772bc91e4b0352fed3e092e

Probably don't click if you're working the front desk at LifeWay.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 29, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

My god that stache is glorious
Yeah, that's good stuff.

Sorry, General Treister, you're only the second-best mustachioed Red Hulk now.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mover posted:

With the dyed hair and the specific proportions of the bulky suit, I wonder if the new Iron Patriot is Darla Deering

Lurdiak posted:

Who's that artist? Something about those faces is very offputting.
Paco Medina

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DrProsek posted:

Luke and Jessica Jones' daughter, grown up, from the future. She showed up in New Avengers before, issue #5.

According to the Marvel Wiki, shes' from the year 20XX, which I guess is different from 2099 where Roberta Mendez, the Captain America from Spider-Man 2099, is from.
Is she the one from Ultron Forever?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

So Reed Richards is evil in every universe except 616, right? So he's gonna have a heel turn in Ultimate, right? Cause I just started reading it on Marvel Unlimited.

Ultimate Reed is one of my favorite characters, period.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

How does this not exist?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Please tell me you spent all night making this just for me.

If I had time I gladly would have, but in this case, it was just a GIS pull. :(

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

What if, instead of Deadpool being an insane person who just thinks he's in a comic book, you get a totally sane person who knows for a fact that she's in a comic book, and moreso than that knows that she's the star? How would her approach to the MU differ from Deadpool's, who still respects the fourth wall even if he doesn't believe in it?

I've never read Deadpool that way, uh, ever.

one example of him knowing he's in a comic, and actively destroying the fourth wall at the same time:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Well that's loving spot-on.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

I'd kind of feel sorry for Anna Kendrick if she gets the role and doesn't put on a bunch of weight. She's going to get so much hate, it's going to take thin shaming to a whole new level.

Shannon for Doreen, Anna can voice Tippy-Toe.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 5, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

We'll see how many are still interested if they announce her for TV instead of film.
I would be all in for a Netflix SG show, and would actually prefer it.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 5, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Someone, either here or on my facebook said, Ana Kendrick can be Kate when they do young Avengers. I'm down with that.
She could do both!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DrProsek posted:

but if you ever read Squirrel Girl and didnt like that it was basically goofy fun all the time
Squirrel Girl is an emotional roller-coaster, I'll have you know. When Whiplash destroyed her collectible Deadpool's Guide to Super-Villiains Galactus trading card? Flames? Flames...on the side of my face....

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Has there been any news on a TPB for Gwenpool? It's about 5 issues in so far, which based on the Squirrel Girl TPBs, seems about the right amount for one, and I figure if one's not too far away, I could just wait for that and save some money.

Yup

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

Iron Person

Iron Lass

Ferrous Maiden

FeMale

Iron Riri

Iron

Iron Undergrad

Iron Individual

Irondividual (?)

Lord Biron

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Magic Space Metal Alloy Woman

Ms. Ma Woman

Fe-Male

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 22, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Professor Dog posted:

Apart from Jessica Jones, have there been any new iconic characters introduced in the last 10-15 years without some sort of connection to a legacy mantle?
Champagne Robot

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Well that's because any new X-man character that seems slightly interesting is killed in a crossover 6 months later so they don't really have time to become iconic.
Is Goldballs still around?

Goldballs.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Adams posted:

Speaking of characters who fell out the multiverse at the end of Secret Wars, does anybody know where Black Swan ended up? It seemed like she had an interesting story going, but nothing ever came of it.
AFAIK, she has not been seen since Secret Wars ended.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

2. Arcade still exists
You should read Avengers Academy Giant-Size #1.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

And Avengers Are-
Ha ha!

I've only read that Giant-Size because of I heard it was a good standalone Arcade story and gosh durn it, it was. The Dazzler one-shot from years ago during the Necrosha period is a fun Arcade "romp" as the kids say, as well.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

When did Jubilee become a teen mom?
First issue of X-Men (2013).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Had fold-out pages not been invented yet or something?
I can't think of a single DC or Marvel comic from like before the 80s that had an interior fold-out. That lovely newsprint sure seems like it wouldn't be able to hold up, at least. I tried to find online which American comic was the first to have a fold-out page and I'm not succeeding.

The Outsiders #1 from 1985 had a pretty great interior fold-out to open up the issue, but it was on higher-quality Baxter paper. This is the earliest one I can think of for mainstream comics.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 13, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

It's gotta be MAD or Playboy right? And Playboy's first issue had a centerfold, so by the 60s they had to be a thing in magazines that were done.
I'm not saying it was never done in other types of periodicals, I'm just curious which comic book had the first fold-out for Maximum Whoa.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Is Morrison's X-Men worth reading?

Uh yeah.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

It's just New X-Men 114-154 plus the Annual right? Anything else I should be reading?

It's very straightforward, happily.

Annual goes between 116 and 117.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Also, that silent issue (121) was a Quitely tour-de-force.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

My favourite thing from Morrison's run was him Making Emma a hero. Well, kinda

I love the last page of the entire run.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Adams posted:

I'm guessing you're not quite as enthusiastic about the last page of #128.
Is that the scary Emma-in-a-chair page? Yeesh.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

I remember reading that page and just sorta weirded out that Frank Quitely would draw such a weird overly-sexual cheesecake shot, considering he's kind of the last artist I'd ever consider when it comes to that sort of thing. I enjoy his art but it seems deliberately made to fall in this uncanny valley where everyone's faces and body proportions look vaguely off, so it was very very very bizarre to see him decide to draw a full page spread of Emma leaning backwards with her legs spread open as she's clearly trying to seduce Scott.

Uhh, wrong artist.

edit: MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

Am I slowly forgetting Grant's run. I don't remember what he did with the Hellfire Club. Are you thinking about Aaron's run?

EDIT: How much SEX did you find in 118, Toxx?

I remember some drinking going on at the Hellfire Club during the Bachalo issues, but that's it.

• Locked thread