Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

SirDan3k posted:

Am I the only one that hopes Vision doesn't make it out of the series and one of his kids takes the mantle?

I for one welcome our new neurotic, slightly homicidal Soccer Mom Vision. Not even kidding here, she's fantastic, it's like someone gave Allison from Orphan Black super powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Has there been anything to indicate yet which Nick Fury is on the scene post-Battleworld? Is it the hilariously hamfisted son of Nick they conjured up a few years back or the actual Ultimate version? Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if this latest Hill led clusterfuck is simply an excuse to get her out of the picture and put Fury back in the top job, pretty much no one can stand her at this point.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

My god, it's beautiful. They can just do 21 pages of that from different angles, I won't complain.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

Which is dumb because Jubes is where it's at.

Give it another 5 years or so and the Jubilee generation will seize the day.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, I saw that thread too, their descriptions of what they use and how they perceive it all were fascinating. Quite an eye-opener.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I love that we've got things set up for a Punisher v Punisher battle soon, in the unlikely event of Night Thrasher, greatest hero in the universe, failing in his plan to get them all out of there. If this story ends with him meeting Galactus and gaining the power cosmic to ride the galaxy on a suped-up skateboard, I will have no complaints

And yes, The Vision remains a work of brilliance. I will miss it greatly.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Been busy the last couple of days so only just catching up with this week's comics. The last page of New Avengers cheered me up no end, there's just something quite endearing about that dude's silly little catchphrase. Definitely one of my favourite buddy pairings in anything, those two.

:allears:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
All I know is it was brilliant and that's what really matters. Best bit of facepunching since Judge Fear got cocky thinking he could scare Joe.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's strongly rumoured they're killing her off in the next dumb crossover thing so don't get your hopes up.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Howard the Duck is a treasure where every issue leaves me happy. He should totes bring a few dinosaurs back with him though, those boys are handy to have around.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Megalols at the new Wasp. No, she's not Hope outta nowhere, absolutely not, uh-uh, she's called Nadia, it's totally different you guys.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

SynthOrange posted:

Wierdworld got cancelled? God dammit. :smith:

I hope they wrap it up so she gets home but odds on her somehow becoming new queen of Weirdworld?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw, man. Howard and Patsy deserve way better.

:(

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Don't know about you guys but my current favourite mutants are Laura, Roberto and Goldballs because none of them give a gently caress about this dumb terrigen mists nonsense that's seen the X-Men cry off to Limbo hiding like scared babies.

Also, today I was reminded about OG Nimrod's final days before he got fused to Master Mold and booted through the reboot portal, and got sad because the idea of a time-travelling super Sentinel going beyond his programming, getting a job on a construction site and spending his spare time as a funky looking pink sarcophagus murdertron going all Punisher on crooks and giving their money to kids' charities is kinda cool and should have been explored further.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Read the latest Scarlet Witch - hurry up with a series about the dual-weilding, enchanted pistol-packing, Hong Kong witchcop, Marvel. TIA.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cripes, am I the only one here not bothering with CWII? After the good, crazy times of Secret Wars, I just don't care about whatever second rate event nonsense guys like Bendis poo poo out, I'm just sticking to my usual monthlies and putting up with the fallout/whatever they've shoehorned in from it in affected books. Speaking of, if they're killing off She-Hulk or whatever, I can really see that gelling well with Super Happy Funtime Pasty Walker...
:smith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Vision was great (albeit so very cruel). Gwenpool was great, and it'll be hilarious if this is the start of some kind of Batroc renaissance. New Avengers wasn't too shabby either, ah love me some Guthrieisms. X-Men was kinda soul destroying, poor Evan. Poor En Sabah. Just doomed sweet kids all down the line.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The worst thing about CW2 is even when you're trying to ignore it and just get on with the books you like, you still get at least five pages in each one introducing loving Ulysees and his dumb powers and OH MY loving GOD SHUT UP I DON'T CARE MARVEL.

Add me to the list of those bummed about Contest of Champions but at least Outlaw got to be awesome in the best way, and we've got Ares back out of it. I mean, seriously, the bit where Higgins straight up tells Frank the score and why he's given it all up was just lovely.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well gosh, that was the last person I expected to show up at the end of Thor. I'm guessing it's Loki, maybe?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

BrianWilly posted:

The worst part of Civil War II so far -- and that's saying a lot -- is having to watch Carol mindlessly, helplessly replicate her idiotic fascism Greatest Hits across multiple books over and over again.

Almost worth it for America's chair-in-the-face-outta-loving-nowhere.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As mean as it sounds on the poor kid, I really can't wait for Ulysses to die on the way back to his home planet and all this stuff to be over, never to be spoken of again.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It is the best theme song. Those Cities of Gold losers can get stuffed.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Maxwell Adams posted:

Pick me, and I'll deport New Attilan back to the loving moon. Then I'll build a moonwall, and make the inhumans pay for it.

I approve this message.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Pleased to see Jubilee rescued from the shackles of X-Mediocrity and given a fun gig hanging out with Patsy and pals. Seeing a cloud of mist with fangs and those ridiculous shades made my day.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
New Avengers is grand, if somewhat bizarre, the way it's made Roberto into some kind of Machiavellian, wheels-within-wheels super schemer who's having the time of his life (while, er, also dying). I am going to miss it when it goes.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Man, the Hand should forget about the illegal poo poo and just make an insane fortune flogging life extending/rebirthing treatments to those able to afford it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I *heart* All-New Wolverine, Laura and Gabby are great and it has a adorable wolverine in a domino mask, what more could you want?

My thoughts on CWII continue to be this scene from It's Always Sunny...is there much more of it to go?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CharlestheHammer posted:

He's committed genocide before.

What were his reasons for this? What would have happened if he did not?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Is Walt Simonson's run on Thor available? If so, Walt Simonson's run on Thor.

The most correct answer.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Re: Gwen

I rather enjoyed Miles' aghast reaction to her typical CD tacticlol realism approach to dealing with ne'er-do-wells.

That punch didn't really look all that pulled though, ow. Couldn't he just zap her instead?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I don't disagree on its overuse Noodles but i) a largely meta comedic book would be the perfect place for it, and could even be commented on; ii) it makes for a less awkward image than what we got.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw man, Vision. So good.

I felt like screenshotting every spread, it looked even more amazing than usual. Especially *that* scream page, holy crap.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Just out of curiosity, how many of you would risk hanging around for the cloud? Knowing there's a non-zero chance of it turning you into a senitent x-ray emitting cucumber creature, I mean.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Me, I'm a guy of simple tastes. I just wanna fly. Be it wings, telekinesis, rocket farts, whatever man, just let me soar with the eagles.

Not enough to actually risk ending up like that dude X-O mentioned though, uh-uh.

Twisted makes a good point, Doug's would be useful as hell (which is funny considering he was always kind of seen as the lamest of the gang).

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Would totes read a book about Spider-Storm and her X-vengers. Thing Jr is perfect in every way.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I liked the final issue of Howard the Duck, going to miss the monthly dose of lunacy, seeing what demented costume mashups comes up with next, and 616 May being rather cool and likable middle aged woman instead of a terrifying doddery old mummified corpse thing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
One of my issues with the X-Men at the moment is Storm. She's *important*, she's iconic, she's a Big loving Deal...but she hasn't been anything approaching interesting or actually important storywise in decades, no one knows what to do with her so she just becomes a boring, personality free drag who never has any real drama around her. She's the stoic, dependable rock at the centre of it all and it's stagnant as hell. If they really wanted to shake things up, they'd either poo poo or get off the pot and do something with her or take her off the board for a while instead of all this meaningless half-measure bullshit with Cyke and Logan who already have young/old dupes running around.

Of course it's her very iconic status that means they can't kill her or risk the outcry of doing something too spicy with her. So she's doomed to this constant state of dull mediocrity which is the last thing she deserves.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Roberto da Costa is just owning everyone right now and it's wonderful.

Dat fukkin' Air Force One.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Champions was trash. I'm mainly reading it for Viv but it barely feels like the same character, and the writing on the others feels equally off and the art is hideous. Why couldn't they have gotten del Mundo instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"Mjolnir will cause the death of Jane Foster."

Boom. That'd gently caress with his head in all kinds of ways, while being completely true.

From a certain point of view.

• Locked thread