Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Whatever happened to the new Blade book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

fadam posted:

what the gently caress

now ask him how he feels about cell phones

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
So Secret Empire is DC Universe: Decisions at this point?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Oh cool American Dracula has another alt account.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Yes, but, how would you feel if they made Cap gay?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

irlZaphod posted:

Just to circle back to the troll on the previous page, there wasn't this amount of bedwetting when Bucky became Captain America or Doctor Octopus became Spider-Man.

People lost their loving minds when Doc Ock became Spider-Man.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

irlZaphod posted:

Not to the extent that it's been happening towards Cap & Thor now. In all those previous cases, it was accepted on some level that it was being done for story reasons. Now though it's entirely "political" because minorities and other under-represented people are involved.

Agree to disagree, I guess. I remember Spider-Man fans going bonkers online when it happened. I don't really remember people going crazy about Cap & Thor, but my comic book guy told me he lost about 80% of subs on almost every book that changed to a new legacy hero, so I'm not saying there wasn't a backlash. On that I don't disagree, I just thought you used a bad example.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Yeah.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
idgi is it an album cover variant or something?

e: oh nvm it's a riff on that old manimal book series or whatever

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Mark Waid wrote Impulse. Rhyno stuck up for WickedHate. Only one of these guys deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Venom is the only Marvel comic I still read, but man, I am really enjoying Costa's run. The last issue was told from the symbiote's perspective, who is spending all night watching cable TV and leaving Eddie dead tired in the mornings. I'm really digging the sort of desperate characterization Costa is giving the symbiote, even though I keep hearing his voice as Johnny 5 from Short Circuit.

Venomverse, however, is super mediocre, and the "Edge of" comics were a lot more fun than the actual miniseries.

• Locked thread