Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

I think part of the issue is that honestly outside of the Garth Ennis run (which probably doesn't fit into their transmedia plans), Marvel hasn't had a Big Definitive Baseline Punisher run in decades. None of his movies have really been successful, and none of the non-Ennis runs (from Avenging Angel to Wacky Quipster to Supervillain Gadget Assassin to Frankencastle to Punished Snake with Female Apprentice to Fascist Role Model with Female Apprentice) have really been the sort of Model Iconic Punisher they want to have. Everyone else they've given alternate versions (Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, etc.) have those familiar touchstones (both in comics and TV/film) to use as a baseline. They're still trying to get Punisher version 1 "right". This seems to be their MO.

I haven't seen Daredevil season 2 yet so who knows how that might affect things.

DD Season 2 contains the definitive Punisher from 2016 into the distant future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sheesh that looks good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think it's gonna be "Mjolnir will kill Jane Foster" which would explain Thors reaction and also be something that will end up probably being true in a different sense

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jeez, you guys sure have your knives out for The Punisher.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

e. Whoops

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh no!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The 100th issue of Ultimate Spider Man was the illest

• Locked thread