Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Lamont Cranston posted:

I only read a few of those issues for the Patsy Walker backstory; how long did Beast keep up the "put on a rubber Hank McCoy mask to fool people into thinking I'm still a normal dude" act?

About three issues? If that. He wore a latex mask and gloves just long enough to keep working on his formula to isolate the mutant gene. Also had some complicated harness to help him walk upright. Then he falls in with a crappy new Brotherhood led by Mastermind and fights Iron Man and the Griffin and the girl he was chasing turns out to be a corporate spy and whatever plot the organization responsible for the original attack on the Brand Corporation had that prompted him to drink the formula and turn himself furry and black grey blue in the first place was eventually resolved across a few different issues of Nick Fury or Captain America and Hank never worried about it again. The issue after all that tells his origin before joining the X-Men.

Hank McCoy is awesome and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
And there's still a typo.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
edit: Sorry!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Dixon's Robin is just two-parter after two-parter of poo poo getting done. It's wonderful.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Well, her first words were "whiskey" and "bullshit", so...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Mr. Maltose posted:

A hard pivot to sports narratives would unironically be an improvement for cape comics actually.

Mara technically counts? Been a minute since I read it, but Brian Wood’s usually pretty trustworthy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
By "no aliens", they actually mean no talk of, like, Nephilim and poo poo, right?

There goes my Wolfsbane/Nightcrawler team-up pitch...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Barry Convex posted:

I honestly disagree; I think the extent to which the Runaways were tied to the Pride made them work best as a finite concept. The various post-BKV runs had their problems, but I don’t think any of them really came up with a strong reason for why they’d continue operating as a team after the Pride and the Gibborim were tied up.

Rowell’s run is quite well-written and has even had Karolina voicing the above, more or less, but she hasn’t answered that question yet (really, there’s been hardly any plot beyond getting the band back together).

Officially cleaning up The Pride's loose ends, figuring out what to do with the resources they were left with, and establishing themselves as LA's semi-reluctant protectors would have been a decent enough hook eleven years ago, but after Whedon's six issue run took over a year to come out, Terry Moore's half-hearted stab, Kathryn Immonen's arc that got cancelled before it really got started, and the team being scattered to the winds for things like Avengers Arena, it's way too late.

Rowell really is spinning gold with the sack of poo poo she was handed.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl will continue!

With art duties traded off each arc by Greg Land and Michael Gaydos...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He’s good at welding.

Get it?

Fast cars. Good at welding. Gonna be the Human Torch. Oh, man, this poo poo is so good I gotta write this down and put it in my movie.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

The Question IRL posted:

I don't think people were annoyed that the Human Torch likes fast cars.

More the dumb and contrived plot that Johnny is bad with said cars and makes them explode. So his dad punishes him by putting him in charge of a super secret government lab.

Johnny Storm liking racing and working with his hands is good. Having those be the defining traits of a Black Johnny Storm who needs to learn responsibility, coincidentally the same lesson that Jax, Wally, and motherfuckin’ Pete Ross have all had to learn, repeatedly, is sweaty. Having his dad outright tell him “I need you here to weld together our super secret teleportation project so you’ll stay out of trouble and also you weld good I guess.” is bad.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
How many loose teeth are there in a single block of Venom cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

site posted:

No she was a big part of the last ant man series, she went back to being a hero again though i can't remember what name she's going by now

Stinger.

• Locked thread