Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
people being unable to critically read something is not the author's fault or your problem

I don't get that mentality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm not even sure what there has to be to decry him except "he wrote racist comics and is probably a racist"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Not that a lot of value was lost there

Kot constantly brings up poo poo like this on twitter in veiled speech and never delivers the smoking gun he always promises. He's also kind of an rear end in a top hat. The type of person where even when you agree with him there's still a feeling that he needs to dial it down like ten notches.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

I hope Angela gets a new series or gets put on an existing team. Maybe A force or even better joins Alpha Flight.

Though I would like to see her and Serah trying to deal with living in the normal world.

You already have an avatar from the next book she's going to be in

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
inverted Loki and Enchantress being sanctimonious assholes was the best

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr Hootington posted:

This was a stupid retcon. I wish Nick Fury would come back.

Is Fury Jr. even in any comics at the moment?

Agents of SHIELD, I believe. He's also in Amazing Spider-Man when the Zodiac stuff comes up.

Sentinel Red posted:

Has there been anything to indicate yet which Nick Fury is on the scene post-Battleworld? Is it the hilariously hamfisted son of Nick they conjured up a few years back or the actual Ultimate version? Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if this latest Hill led clusterfuck is simply an excuse to get her out of the picture and put Fury back in the top job, pretty much no one can stand her at this point.

It's explicitly Nick Fury Jr.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's funny looking at it in historical context like that because except for Hudlin's Black Panther and arguably (I'd argue against it) Marvel Zombies all those contemporary books E&C listed are way better than Nextwave

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
doing like two minutes of research is hard

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

I assumed Shogo was planned as part of the arc and Jubilee just drew the short straw because she's the least useful in a fight scene.

Except as a vampire she has super-strength and speed and can teleport around in fog form

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Only Carol looks weird.

yeah everyone else is fine but carol straight up looks like The Mask

or the dude from Mask

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

zoux posted:

When they "killed" Johnny, did they do that whole "Oh he's dead for ever and for sure" marketing stuff?

Not really. Hickman was pretty explicit that he knows death in comics is never permanent and was more interested in telling the story than he was trying to convince people that no guys he was TOTALLY dead.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Test Pattern posted:

Ms. Marvel, Ms. America, Kid Gladiator, Kate, Mettle and Hazmat (happily together). Though on second thought, Kamala might not fit in that team so well, she's way too nice.
ETA: Which reminds me. At the end of Siege, Ms. America kicks her way out of the universe. Does that mean the Ms. American in ANAD remembers Battleworld etc.? Forgive me if my MU-delayed reading is causing annoying questions.

You cut out Rockslide this will not stand

I'd honestly prefer him to Kid Gladiator by far

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
guys did you notice edge & christian doesn't like nick spencer yet

did you

did you

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Edge & Christian posted:

A stirring counterpoint.

what am I going to do, argue it with you? What would the point in that be?

instead I think it's just funny that any time someone mentions nick spencer you swoop in with a hot take ready to go

it's like the rest of the forum and dan slott, just applied specifically to you

bobkatt013 posted:

Is captain America and Falcon good?

it's maybe the lamest thing priest has written? that or his heroes for hire run

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

That was Guggenheim's attempt to do his very own "Max Lord is EVIL" thing, but nobody gave a gently caress because it was crazy stupid.

I completely forgot about it until the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Civil War book

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I'm getting some real second-hand embarrassment from non-comics people reacting to this like it's a real thing that's happening

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
remember that article that announced the event?

it was originally going to be spider-man!

I guess they realized that killing off a dude iron man barely cares about and a dude carol dated exactly once was not a compelling reason for them to come to blows

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's worth pointing out Brevoort's interview at newsarama had him saying "yes he's totally dead for this story" to Rhodey's death and "ehhhhh" to She-Hulk's

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have never and likely never will be able to summon the slightest bit of a care for the Inhumans

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm sure they're great but they're not for me

I just don't care!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
they recast rhodey they can recast jane

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

JoshTheStampede posted:

It woudln't surprise me if she stuck to her current look in USG and wore the red when doing Avengers stuff.

I thought that was obviously what's going on considering it's red and white

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

WickedHate posted:

Loeb got a lot of slack by the people at Marvel because Loeb's writing got lovely after the death of his son. It's not [I[wrong[/I] per say and I'm not unsympathetic, but drat, it's some bad product.

jesus christ can we not bring up a dead child every single time we discuss jeph loeb like that's the only answer to everything

he didn't get pity work, he got work because his books sell. it's that simple.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, and in the tie in issues that is made more clear. In the main series he gets mad about his friend dying in a battle and extrapolates that to "whatever led you to have that battle is wrong even though it saved millions of lives and your superhero friend knew the risks"

At that point the precog is literally only being used to react to world-ending threats, they aren't thoughtcriming anyone yet. Now that may change next issue, and retroactively make Tony right. But for now he's a giant baby.

The thoughtcriming's already begun

Carol tries to get Kamala to catch a guy who might be about to rob a place

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the best part of the new iron man is finding out how many people don't know how hair works

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So having seen CW 2 #3 it totally reads like Bendis doesn't actually know Banner isn't the Hulk anymore which is just

I'm tired

I'm so very tired

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yes the comic basically makes no sense taken in context of it happening in the marvel universe "right now"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Like I'm not even that upset about Banner dying. He's been out of books for a year anyway and this will finally pull the trigger on Cho going full berserker Hulk, which is something that the book's been teasing since the start

I just wish it made some kind of sense.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ross got his Red Hulk powers from the Leader and MODOK. It's likely AIM can do the same thing to him again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Edge & Christian posted:

What if it's Doc Samson? Bendis insisted it was a plot point that he was back from the dead.

I honestly don't believe him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Tony dies and lives on as an AI" was part of my Iron Man pitch I made up on a boring work shift a couple years back

also included in that pitch: a story where Tony is trapped in the Savage Land entitled Jurassic Stark

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Vengeance was an awful book and this totally reads like sour grapes that nobody cared about their character until a competent writer/artist took her over

the fact that they're just ripping off McKelvie's design is both hilarious and sad

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 19, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ana kendrick is like thirty years old I doubt marvel is going to be casting her as teen heroes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Worked fine for two of the previous Spidermen.

Not really!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

not tradd moore on art and felipe smith still writing

pass

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

So Sam's gonna crush on her hard too?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
specifically he and toro just burst into the bunker and loving melted him

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think the problem with Ironheart is it does not do a good job of selling me or anyone on this being the new Iron Man. The same reason they were so adamant on saying the new Thor is The Thor seems to just not apply when its inconvenient.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No, it kind of has to, for the same reason all the other marvel legacy characters are using the same name. You make it clear that this isn't on the same level as Hawkeye r Hulk or Ms. Marvel, especially when the hero in question already has multiple counterparts, and double especially when you have Doom in his book using the Iron Man name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We just did that like two years ago.

• Locked thread