Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That is a good rear end OP.

Rhyno posted:

But why do you like it?

No. Move on.

The books that I'm most looking forward to are Black Panther, Hyperion, and now I guess Nighthawk based on how much I enjoy Walker's new Power Man and Iron Fist. I'm not that big a fan of this incarnation of Nighthawk but I also saw a cover I think of him fighting the actual 616/Main Universe Nighthawk who I had thought they were just going to sweep under the rug and now I'm curious to see how that will go down.

The new books I remember hearing announced were Vote Loki, Gwenpool, and Mercs for Money is now going to be an ongoing (for maybe two arcs max before cancellation).

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wanderer posted:

I got the impression that dudes were trying to stay well clear of slander laws, but whatever it is, it's why Ales Kot doesn't work at Marvel anymore.

Oh no where will I get my incomprehensible bullshit Bucky stories now though? I sure will miss those.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really dig Wendig's take on Hyperion. He's just trying to get away from it all and relax then in comes this kid that drags him right back into a battle. And man that Nik Virella art is sweet. I loved her work on 1872 and she's perfect for this story too. I'm sure like most non name books it won't last long but I can tell I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it while it does.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Speaking of Ultimates, this issue was amazing in how Ewing dealt with time and how it slides in the Marvel Universe through Galactus. I love this book so much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You know I never really knew much of Rocafort's art before Ultimates and his style I'm sure is divisive, but for this big huge crazy poo poo it's pretty spectacular. That double page spread with Eternity in chains is gorgeous.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mantis is going to be Peter's love interest and Englehart is taking over the comic. But he kills off Peter two issues into his run because he's not good enough for Mantis.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, this is a nice cover.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Becky Cloonan is writing Punisher. After loving Southern Cross I think I can deal with Dillon to give it a chance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Contest of Champions is wacky in the best way. Man between that New Avengers and Ultimates I think Ewing is having the greatest time ever writing for Marvel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Perhaps they improved the writing as well?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Speaking of previews, oh man, the art in Moon Knight is gorgeous.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/moon-knight-1-marvel-comics-2016-1

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah Bendis said that a while ago.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please do not link to or discuss leaks in this thread. Thanks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean using spoiler tags would be fine if it was like a couple days until the issue hits. But we're not using spoiler tags to discuss this for over three weeks. That would be annoying as hell to people that don't want to know. Sorry guys.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I can't say I've ever been a big fan of Strange outside of stuff like Defenders or other crossover/team stuff. I've read the JMS, Waid, and Vaughn minis but didn't really care for any of them. The new Aaron series is fine so far but nothing great. I've head the Roy Thomas, Englehart, and Rogers Stern stuff from the '70s is good but I've not really looked into it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't, and probably won't read the book, but that kind of sounds exactly like the thing you'd see in a Deadpool book. Wackiness straight into personal horror. That should be part and parcel with the -pool name if the writer is doing something right.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chris Hastings is indeed a good writer and makes me have second thoughts about reading it. But I already have too many Marvel books so things I'm only interested in because of a writer and have no interested in the concept will just have to wait until maybe it shows on MU.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I felt the same about today's Spider-Man/Deadpool. Joe Kelly is an amazing man. From the image inducer to the double "date" to the dancing. And then that last page just sneaks right up on you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man. Kraven came up with the most amazing plan in the history of plans to capture Kobik in Captain America today. I'm not sure anything else will top this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sad about the Hawkeyes going away. It was one of the prettiest books on the stands and I enjoyed Lemire's take on the Clint/Kate relationship.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Toxxupation posted:

So Civil War II's just around the corner, with the July solicits saying there's gonna be 29 issues around in that month. With that many en route, what's the suggested reading order in the leadup to CWII? I always have a soft spot for it (since CWI was the first event series I've ever read and I'm out of my mind excited for the movie), so I'd like to know what I should be reading for the most optimal route.

My guess is you'd want to be caught up on the Avengers, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, and Captain America books by that point. There will be a checklist I'm sure when the event starts if you want to keep up with everything for some insane reason. I don't know if Standoff will be tied to it in any way, but that's going on right now and it's actually been a lot of fun for a low key event.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have no idea what the hell is going on here, but god bless Al Ewing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Is that Leinil Yu?

Rocafort , he's been the artist on every issue and his insane cosmic stuff is amazing. The splash page of Eternity bound in chains is poster material.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ooooh. are we getting a new Quasar? I know I'm probably the only person that liked Quasar, but I hope so. When was the last time we saw the Quantum Bands?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Wasn't Phyla-vell wearing them last? She has been dead since 2010.

Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) had them in Annihilators. I'm not sure where they ended up after that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

looking at the wikis that would be the last time they showed up.

The Annihilators showed up in the first Thanos OGN from Starlin but where those fit into continuity because they time jump all over the place and whether they do at all is murky at best.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Goddamn right it is. I'd put money on the event revolving around Galactus.

He's seeded the idea of The Eternity War into several of his stories. I'd imagine that's what he's building to at this point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Metalshark posted:

I love how Al Ewing answers typical questions in a way that is intriguing, yet humble, while showing off his wonderful grasp of Marvel history and and how he looks at it and uses it:

http://marvel.com/news/comics/26075/declaring_civil_war_new_avengers?linkId=23841744

:allears:

quote:

He’s run with all kinds of shady characters in the past, from the Vanisher to Magneto to that guy with the green topknot.

That's the best reference to Gideon I've ever heard.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is this maybe a Jessica Jones teaser? Seems like the same style.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm going to guess it's a whole new character.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you've been reading Standoff, there's realistically only a few people it could be. There's Rick Jones, Kobik if she's able to be turned around, the SHIELD Agent that was in charge of Kobik (kind of how Wendell Vaughn got it in the first place), or less likely some other superhero/villain present that comes out of nowhere to get the Quantum Bands. I mean they could make a go at Rick Jones being another different hero. But I'm guessing it's either Kobik or her handler.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Whatever happened to that girl who was friends with Drax? She should be the new Quasar.

She showed up in this week's issue of Drax.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

So you're the one person that reads it.

No. I'm the person that reads a twitter feed of someone that reads it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

First of all, that wasn't Standoff. It was Uncanny Avengers. It also wasn't a sex hotel. It was a superhero theme hotel. If you're going to bitch about something at least get the details right.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I didn't but now I do. I hated Ultimate X-Men but since I've more or less enjoyed everything he's done for Marvel since then I'm guessing that was just a misstep.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Is captain America and Falcon good?

The Priest/Sears one? No, not really. Priest has gone on record about how much he didn't like what Sears did with that and blamed his art on the series never going anywhere.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, if you liked Superior Foes, The Fix will be for you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why didn't anyone say Paul Jenkins Inhumans 12 issue serried was good? Cause it was good.

That's usually like the very first thing recommended when someone asks about the Inhumans. Yeah it's good. And I'm not even really a fan of Jae Lee's art.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Robbi Rodriguez is retiring, not Latour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

Have they ever done a follow up to Wolverine vs. the Marvel Universe?

You mean the mini series about that zombie like plague? If so that was a prequel to The Avengers vs The Marvel Universe and The Punisher vs The Marvel Universe. They were released in weird order though. The end of it (Punisher) came out first, then the first part (Wolverine), and then the middle part (Avengers). I'm pretty sure they're intended to be read in that order though.

• Locked thread