Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Vishass posted:

Has there been any public specific accusation about Edmondson? I read some vagueries back when Red Wolf was announced but not a peep since. I only knew about that stuff after looking him up when a friend tabled near Edmondson at a georgia Con awhile back and said he was a real dickhole.

Ales Kot implied that he was homophobic last year, and said that he was going to release some info about it but i don't think he ever did. But I don't think there was anything else in terms of accusations about Edmondson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
His Secret Avengers run was great and have me high hopes for Bucky but unfortunately that was horrible. I wish he'd get back to Zero, that's my favourite work of his.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

ElNarez posted:

Zero is done. Like, it's complete as a statement. The only book he's got going now is Wolf, and it's pretty good. Then again, I liked that Bucky run as an interrogation on superhero fiction as masculine power fantasy involving the same people punching each other over and over again, so, grain of salt and all that.

Also my impression was that he left Big Two comics because a) he could and b) they give a pass to way too many bona fide dirtbags and have yet to make up for years and years of nasty poo poo.

I didn't realize zero was done. I'll have to do a re-read I suppose.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
Lemire's indie stuff is his best. I thought Animal Man started off good, but peetered out pretty quick and I didnt really enjoy any of his other DC stuff. I attributed it to DC editing, but his Marvel stuff is just okay, no where near his stuff like Sweet Tooth or Underwater Welder. I've heard his Valiant stuff is great, though.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Roth posted:

It opened with a Mosque burning in the middle of the Muslim Ban too.

It's like the worst timing possible.

From Canada, so my thought was 'wow bad timing being just days after a mass shooting at a mosque in quebec'.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
So what's changed with Waid, anyway? Before Daredevil I've only really read 52, so I dont know if he's been this bad before, but he's hitting some Secret Avengers by Nick Spencer politics ham fisting on champions.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Rhyno posted:

He has no idea what teenagers actually sound like or how modern young people interact with each other.

Is it a case of "no longer" has an idea? Isn't his Impulse stuff well regarded?

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

TwoPair posted:

Huh. Neat. I don't care for a lot of his output these days but there's no denying he's written some good books and it's nice that there are some folks that will have him (or had him) as a teacher.

Joshua Williamson of was one of his students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

Also what is Fraction writing on this year?

Nothing For Marvel. He has Sex Criminals and Ody-C at Image, but I think they seem slow to come out. I haven't read either of them in a long time.

• Locked thread