Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is anything interesting happening with Ultimate Reed, and does he remember Secret Wars, and/or the fact that he isn't from that universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Darth Nat posted:

Gwenpool is so good. That last page really got me.

Honestly, it gave me a huge fright; I thought it was getting cancelled, until I saw the real last page. Hoping they finally address how useful she's going to be when her comic book knowledge becomes outdated, or whether or not that can even happen.

Edit: I can't believe I didn't catch on until a second readthrough that her brother was actively trying to prevent her from stumbling onto a dimensional breach.

Argue fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 1, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

So I was thinking the current Gwenpool arc would address the problem of her knowledge becoming outdated quickly, and how she fits into the sliding timeline, but with the most recent issue, could it be that they're making "comics structure manipulation" her legit powerset? That would be pretty interesting, since neither She-Hulk nor Deadpool actually actively abused the fourth wall to get things done.

Also, I wonder if her home world is the same world as 1985 (the miniseries).

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Sentinel Red posted:

She was a Hedy Lamarr style Hollywood actress/super smart inventor on the sly. She conducts some kind of dark energy experiment at Roxxon and ends up connected to it, scarring her face with an ever growing crack as a result. Don't remember her wearing a mask though, she tended to style her hair or wear veiled fascinators to cover it up instead. She totally took over the local Mafia and stylishly kills a bunch of chumps though.

They should give her extended lifespan or something and bring her back for a Netflix series sparring with (the cool) Hawkeye, the lady who played her was great.

She never wore a mask, but she starred in a movie titled "The Woman In The Golden Mask". Having a disfigured face and being involved with both science and magic ("zero matter" was darkforce), she was basically Doctor Doom and I thought her Hedy Lamarr reinvention was so inspired that I was really hoping she'd become the MCU's substitute for him, becoming immortal and threatening other MCU TV shows I guess since there's no way she'd ever be able to transition to the movies.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

So presumably, a Gwen Poole from a different "real world" than main Gwen was pulled into a what-if Marvel story instead of main Marvel? Well, that notion certainly opens up story possibilities.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

My money is on her deciding that she deserves to be in/wants to star in Gwenpool Kills The Marvel Universe.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I can't think of any other Kate who was in Gwenpool. The Terrible Eye's name is Sarah and the costume lady is Ronnie. Who am I missing?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I wish Spider-Gwen was more like this month's issue and less like whatever it's been for the last year.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

So... how about that Gwenpool, eh?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Zoro posted:

Eventually, there will be a Gwenpool comic where the entire thing is done, or at least the section, with real people in costumes ( like photographs) with wordballoons photosphoped in.

It should be done via her "real" family communicating with her via the letters page.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

Zdarsky is kind of a good writer. I guess it helps that he probably read every Spiderman book in history.
I like the fact that JJJ actually didn't have any new information to give. But he was able to connect those dots.

Was that the first time that this kinda thing happened? Or did Peter have this talk at some point before some universes where mashed together?

Ultimate Peter had some nice talks with JJJ; not like this but nice and heartfelt. Honestly, I liked Ultimate JJJ way better than this one because he showed quite a bit of character growth before fizzling out with the rest of their world.

Not sure about Jameson in the main universe but Secret Wars didn't change any histories as far as I know, so if they didn't have a talk after Civil War they probably haven't had one like this at all.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Have Gwenpool show up then have her drag Ryan Reynolds Deadpool from the Fox universe into the MCU.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Can someone remind me why Nancy is able to talk to Tippy-toe? I don't remember her ever doing it before, or maybe I just glossed over it every time.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I just read it and all I could think was that Gwenpool, god rest her soul, could have had such a field day with Voyager.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Galvanik posted:

Of the things I read Ms Marvel, Gwenpool and Ultimate X-men were my favorites. Ms Marvel and Gwenpool were fun light books with upbeat enjoyable characters. Anything else similar would be at the top of my new to-read list.

Mary Jane, Spider-Man <3 Mary Jane, and also Marvel Adventures Spider-man starting with around issue 53 (before that is a bunch of ok one-shots but 53 is when it starts to get fun).

Argue fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 7, 2018

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

IUG posted:

Speaking of Squirrel Girl in Gwenpool, what was that bit with her saying "beat the devil"? I feel like I missed something or missed a joke.

It sounded like she was trying to come up with some sort of pun, but based on the dialogue I assumed she was trying to come up with a plan to just perpetually beat up the devil.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

OGB posted:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/969605008210714624

Doctor Strange...IN SPPAAAAACCCCCEEEEEE

Oh good, I hope he finally remembers to rescue Casey.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Lobok posted:

How finely can Reed control his stretching? Could he stretch hair that's only barely past the follicles to give himself a beard but not stretch his mouth and jaw at the same time? Hell, if he could do that he could have a handy Sasquatch look ready in seconds.

Moreover, is he like Medusa, whose hair cells are still alive and can be moved at will, or would he have to stretch his beard out manually with his hands?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

So canonically at some point Franklin said "what if we invented a whole universe exactly like ours except in this one our old friend Peter married his longtime girlfriend Mary Jane"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

^burtle posted:

I think I saw in the solicits that the Gauntlet is going to show up in Iron Man? Reckoning War is going to make Secret Empire look like Civil War 1.

The Reckoning War is happening? The one that Slott set up like 20 years ago in She-Hulk?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Haha, that new Spider-man comic (the one that follows a teenage Peter) just flat out has him being roommates with Ganke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

howe_sam posted:

The end of Ms. Marvel was totally predictable, but still very :3:

Wait, what was up with that random not-Infinity Stone Miles had? Is this from another comic? Seems like a weird thing to randomly introduce and drop in a single page there.

• Locked thread