Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Marvel is on a Wolverine number of teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Extraordinary is the one everyone says sucks. Nobody really talks about Uncanny.

I haven't read either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

If I've been vocal about my annoyance at all of this, imagine a world where everyone around you loving ADORED the late 1990s animated show The PJs. It was an okay show, and had talented people involved like Eddie Murphy and Larry Wilmore. It wasn't that good or successful, though I don't begrudge its existence. Imagine if every time someone asked about the best TV shows to catch up on, someone said THE PJS, WATCH THE PJS IMMEDIATELY.

Done with Breaking Bad and looking for a show to binge on? Next stop, THE PJS
Really enjoying the political comedy on Veep? WATCH THE PJS
How did you like Mad Men? COULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF THEY WERE MORE LIKE THE PJS
Has anyone watched the Grinder? I hear it's pretty-- UGH MAYBE PEOPLE WOULD WATCH FOX IF THEY STILL AIRED THE PJS

This is every single day in TV IV, but with Person of Interest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wanted.

It's Wanted.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I assumed Shogo was planned as part of the arc and Jubilee just drew the short straw because she's the least useful in a fight scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Except as a vampire she has super-strength and speed and can teleport around in fog form

The team had 3 omega psychics and the weather goddess. Super strength doesn't make for an interesting fighter.

(Also I don't think she ever used her strength or speed in the run.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At least until you scroll down to the faces.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're not well doing and ketchuping a good steak then I guess it doesn't matter much. Someone has to buy the garbage steak to clear out room for killing more cows to make the good ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...I don't know how that post ended up here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no way Doom's mask allows for him to eat pizza, so he doesn't see the need for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doom's probably a Chicago style guy.

He'd have to be, since you know Reed is New York style.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You guys have your Doom traits all out of whack. It goes:

Gigantic childish teary eyed baby Reed Richards contrarian.

European nobility
Genius

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

This is the thread to talk about Captain Marvel, right? Because I fuckin' love Captain Marvel. The colors this week seemed even more top notch than usual. The space battles look so good!

This arc's been so fun and satisfying on a ton of levels. Just sci-fi thriller horror stuff with Alpha Flight and Brand and Carol Danvers. It owns and it's done such a better job of grabbing me than KSD's stuff. I know a lot of people on the internet enjoyed KSD's run, but to me this is just. :perfect:

Those are crazy people. She was so boring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favorite part was when she wiped her memory but between issues she was caught up on everything she needed to know and it didn't matter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've been waiting for the return of Generic Emblem from Every Superhero MMO Man. He's my favorite.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The SHIELD comic just before Secret Wars wasn't itself in the MCU, but took like everything from Agents of SHIELD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Will Ferrell movies are technically all high concept.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So do you and Lurdiak like coordinate offsite, or...?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because she was created in 1965?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sex hotels are classy as hell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bet a sex hotel is more thoroughly cleaned than a regular hotel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually I think this is supposed to be the event safe space?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cyclops tried to go up against a property Marvel has the movie rights to, so that ain't happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't know the terrigen was going to do that but it's not like releasing the mists was a good thing anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superstring posted:

That's weird. Wonder why the Star Wars playset of all things tanked.

The launch bundle was actually Anakin and Ahsoka from the Clone Wars cartoon, 3 years after it was canceled.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait is Goldballs still around?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bruce Banner does that all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hope was totally supposed to be Jean but it was scrapped. Cable adopted her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Sucked all the gamma out of him" sounds way dumber.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because Banner has tried to drain his gamma countless times in the past.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HIJK posted:

"This story has been vetted by layers and layers of fact-checkers editors" is a silly excuse because of buzzwords like "group think," "confirmation bias," and "echo chamber." Committee decisions often come up with the decisions they do because they're telling each other what they want to hear and editors are no exception.

This doesn't make any sense in the context of story planning.

It's not collaborative, they tell the writers what they have to do when a big event is going to use their characters.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 14, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

No doubt. But I really wanted Iron Hulk.

Putting Hulk in the Hulkbuster seems like a gimme.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I suppose if you've only read like X-Force you could come to that conclusion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He specifically references the format of comic books at times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They figure out Ulysses' master plan and Nick Fury and Maria Hill hide behind some clairvoyant proof glass, until he confesses and they step in to arrest him.

WAR FOOT posted:

Tony will go insane and kill Ulysses and vanish/be killed leaving a pre-insanity version to be the hologram mentor of Riri. That's my wild prediction.

I don't think Captain Marvel will walk away from this looking at all worse than 'made some bad choices but it won't be held against her'

"X goes Insane" is also known as The Blizzard Plot

The opportunity to have Tony be her Jarvis AI shouldn't be passed up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was different. Writer Doom masturbation beats out the Phoenix any time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Its purpose is to kill poo poo occasionally. It usually succeeds at that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One time X-O canceled the creation of a female heroes topic because he insisted it wouldn't get many posts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but they're aliens so the metaphor doesn't work as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

I just find the endless parade of 'they are trying to cancel the x-men and kill all mutants, no those current dozen books don't count I'm not even going to acknowledge it' on here to be tiring. The extreme conspiracy theory levels of argument about how it looks like it is not happening but look between he lines and it is!!!

The current plotline has the inhumans and X-Men at odds for the same reason the current plotline has Carol and Tony at odds: to sell books about a conflict with a little more oomph behind it than 'bad guy does bad thing'

They would just go and be real dumb about something else.

• Locked thread