Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
movax
Aug 30, 2008

I always liked when SWSP did this to keep the SNR high in the dedicated threads, and live posting is always fun.

Today is a special event from Apple, "Let us Loop You In", the first of 2016! There shouldn't be too much surprising stuff here that hasn't already percolated through the rumor mill, but as always, they have a "one more thing" planned, so we'll see what it is.

And of course, posting rules are a little more relaxed for this particular thread (mostly for grammar/etc, other rules still apply)

We may learn about :
- new, smaller iPhone (for tiny presidential candidate sized hands)
- poo poo loads of software updates!
- possible iPad and iPad Pro upgrades
- New Watch?
- New Watch Bands!
- (I personally hope) Skylake rMBPs!

Apple link to the video feed: http://www.apple.com/apple-events/march-2016/ but the usual suspects (Engadget, etc.) will be live-blogging as well.

movax fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Cool cool cool!

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
Really, really desperately need a new laptop as this one has been confined to my desk because of a damaged charging port. I'm going to buy my first Macbook Pro and I'm really hoping for a Skylake MBP. Maybe if they beef up the MB enough that I'll consider running Photoshop etcetera on it I'll buy that, but that's way too much of a long shot for me to actually believe.

Anyhow, either I'm buying the current MBP tonight or ordering the new one as soon as it comes out, depending on if they release new ones.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

The only thing stopping me from getting a replacement for my T430s at work is that a Skylake powered rMBP 13" 16GB/512GB SSD doesn't exist yet. :f5:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Welp, hope some mac hardware news comes up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

iOS9.3 this evening plz

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

iOS9.3 this evening plz

yee, can't wait for night shift

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

movax posted:

The only thing stopping me from getting a replacement for my T430s at work is that a Skylake powered rMBP 13" 16GB/512GB SSD doesn't exist yet. :f5:

The complete lack of rumors that it'll be announced today has silently prepared me for the fact I'll probably be buying the current one though. Can't use this old thing for another three months, unfortunately.

IT'S STARTING

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

iOS9.3 this evening plz
Seems likely after 7 betas, which is the most in a long time I think.

It's been very stable for me since about beta 3.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

TheQat posted:

yee, can't wait for night shift
Finally having Wi-Fi calling on Verizon is very nice.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I Am Crake posted:

The complete lack of rumors that it'll be announced today has silently prepared me for the fact I'll probably be buying the current one though. Can't use this old thing for another three months, unfortunately.

IT'S STARTING

Which is sad because the buyer's guide screams "don't buy!!!"

I may get a new iPad Air though.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Finally having Wi-Fi calling on Verizon is very nice.

did not know about this. that will indeed be great

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is that Dennis Hastert, the former Speaker of the House?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is this in in an hour or now?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This guy presenting the Watch info is a terrible presenter.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Is this in in an hour or now?

Now. Stream just went live.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh now! Cool

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
Poor Newton :(

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Right now! They specifically showed earbuds in the intro video. Looks like we get our Lightning port EarPods now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why is the Airstrip CEO dressed like a gay cowboy?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I am into a NATO band

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Haha they were playing Sia - Unstoppable

Where she repeats "I'm unstoppable today", "I'm invincible". Love dat Apple hubris

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

He's talking about the FBI thing holy poo poo.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Jose Oquendo posted:

Right now! They specifically showed earbuds in the intro video. Looks like we get our Lightning port EarPods now.

Haha ohhh are they ditching the headphone jack 5 months early??

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Lisa Jackson?
I think that's a first.

walropodes
Jan 8, 2012

RTSP link in the OP is for last year's, here's the latest:

http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1603kjbnadcpjhbasdvpjbasdvpjb/m3u8/atv_mvp.m3u8

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

drat, I was watching a feed from a different vent.

This theatre is hilariously tiny.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

That's the last event in the townhall, right?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Whooping Apple employees could chill a bit.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
yaks :3:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"Let's talk about Forestry"

Show me the drat phones

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Whenever you make a Facetime call you can feel really good about reducing your carbon footprint LOL

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

36,000 acres ain't poo poo. That's only 50 square miles.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I prefer her recycling talk over the Steve-era Apple Store Opening Montages.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

Liam is cool as poo poo

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Eddie Cue is a v enthusiastic clapper.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

LOOP ME IN ON RECYCLING

Actually this is pretty cool, what other super billion company does this poo poo? For their own products?

Also now super smug that my iMessages and calendar syncs don't contribute to my carbon footprint

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
engadget's liveblog thing got hosed up, what's a good fallback option?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Apple Health is wearing the same ugly outfit from the last even what the fuckkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TheQat posted:

engadget's liveblog thing got hosed up, what's a good fallback option?
http://live.arstechnica.com/apples-march-2016-event/

• Locked thread