Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Geez, making fun of people with 5-year old PCs and calling it sad. Bit of a 1st world disposable consumerist lifestyle mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Malloreon posted:

it looks like they moved the home button to the side on that shot.
Yeah, but only for that shot. It was a little bit of an optical illusion and I was almost upset that they changed what the layout was.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

So the presentation is like 95% the same as the fall one where they introduced the Pro, just now it's 10 inches.

I mean, I know I expected that, but it's weird seeing it now and there's like, no new stuff.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

qbert posted:

I'm always surprised that people take photos with their iPad. I mean, I know my mom does, but does anyone born in the last two generations?
As long as it's not out in public, it's not too embarrassing. The large display really lets you frame up nicely.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Not liking the $150 price jump over the base model.
I would have been fine with a 64gb at $599.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

So like, what's the iPad line going to look like in the fall? This is essentially just the next upgrade for what the "regular" iPad would have gotten. Is there going to still be a cheaper, gimped version called the iPad Air 3 in 6 months?

The differences are so minor that having two different versions is confusing.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Sure, but then the weird thing is that the fall iPad "Air" will be as fast or faster than this Pro, right? Are they going to start upgrading both every 6 months?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Snuffman posted:

Can't get over the camera wart on the new iPad Pro. I'm loll'n.
Ughhh, does that mean it won't lay perfectly flat on a table? It'll be slightly tilting back and forth when you touch a corner? I mean, that's how my iPod Touch is, but it's rare that I use it on a flat surface, unlike an iPad.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

nachos posted:

what the gently caress is going on with the ipad? So the ipad air is dead and is replaced by a smaller version of the current ipad pro, which will also be called the ipad pro. What happens to the big rear end ipad pro?
I hate how it just bumped all the prices up even though it's the natural progression for the regular iPad. It's this fake-rear end premium that's tacked on because it's called "Pro." Plus, there's no 64gb option and the 32gb is just too small for me nowadays. The 128gb price at $749 is painful to me.

I had wanted to upgrade from my Air 1 64gb model and pass it down the line to my mom who deals with using an iPad 2 still, but that price is just looming over me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Snuffman posted:

I'll stop talking about camera warts, I promise, but...

Does the full size pro have a protruding camera too? I've never seen one in person.

I just cant get over the fact that for a product they expect one to draw on, with it flat on a table, that it'd have a protruding camera to make it wobble. I guess they need "something" to upgrade in a years time.
I just checked through image search. Nope, the larger Pro has a flush camera. Yikes. So... Wobblegate 2016 in regards to the 10 incher.

• Locked thread