Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Okay, what am I missing? That it's listed as a manual but has an automatic shifter? Is that it?

Edit: LOL never mind I see it now.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Okay, what am I missing? That it's listed as a manual but has an automatic shifter? Is that it?

Edit: LOL never mind I see it now.

Can you fill me in?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Garrand posted:

Can you fill me in?

says Jetta, but the pics are of a Chevy something

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I remembered casual encounters being good for a laugh, but I think I'm just not as shocked about what people get up to anymore. Right now I'm just struck how lonely people seem and it's sad. Like, I guess a lot of people really do want to have no-strings fun, but other ads seem like they're going the casual route because of some sad issues. Anyway, I've learned a lot that my vanilla self would have known otherwise though. Like, it seems swinger clubs don't allow single men, just couples and single women. I now know this because there's always a few guys soliciting dates on CL so that they can get into these clubs.

Anyway, I feel half bad about posting this one, poor bastard, but the dog in the background is cracking me up:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/YXO3gkh.png

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Bast Relief posted:

I remembered casual encounters being good for a laugh, but I think I'm just not as shocked about what people get up to anymore. Right now I'm just struck how lonely people seem and it's sad. Like, I guess a lot of people really do want to have no-strings fun, but other ads seem like they're going the casual route because of some sad issues. Anyway, I've learned a lot that my vanilla self would have known otherwise though. Like, it seems swinger clubs don't allow single men, just couples and single women. I now know this because there's always a few guys soliciting dates on CL so that they can get into these clubs.

Anyway, I feel half bad about posting this one, poor bastard, but the dog in the background is cracking me up:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/YXO3gkh.png

godamn that's sad. it's even sadder that there's like a 0% chance anyone will ever bother to work on the surgeries to fix him

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
One time, a long time ago, one cartoonist said to another, "have you seen the gams on these ostriches?"

Then they had to get a phonebook and find an ostrich farm to go get a load of those gams because they didn't have the internet.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I want it, that's a damned cute house.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Man, finding these is like shooting fish in a barrel. Except for the personals section, I thought that would be a good place to find something funny but it turns out people trying to date through Craigslist are just too depressing.

You'd be surprised how common it is for professional massage therapists to trade for their services. My dad used to get us a nice beach house for 2 weeks by giving a guy and his wife like $1500 worth of massages spreading out over a year and I usually trade massages for haircuts and other things

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

This reminds me of the time my dad got a hand-written letter from a young immigrant couple, asking to buy our house.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Took me a sec to realize they want you to move the house off the property.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Miaou posted:

Appetizing.

Sorry that this is from last page but I just found the thread. Assuming that it's the same Glenelg I'm thinking of, I didn't even realise anyone in Australia used Craigslist. Oh, Adelaide. :allears:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Scathach posted:

I hope they own the house they're giving away.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Besesoth posted:

A real-life Hemingway story! :aaa:

Weird Craigslist Ads: a real-life Hemmingway story

Every one of these is a variation on that theme.

Snake Toddler
Jan 11, 2016

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

AlphaKretin posted:

Sorry that this is from last page but I just found the thread. Assuming that it's the same Glenelg I'm thinking of, I didn't even realise anyone in Australia used Craigslist. Oh, Adelaide. :allears:

Nope, I guarantee this is Glenelg, Maryland, my old high school.

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
I picked the most horrifying photo, just for you, thread!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Not gonna lie -- my first thought was "used fleshlight."

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
Here's something a little more tasteful!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

^^^: LOL

I know this is probably mean to laugh at, but I can't get over "slice a beef"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cash crab posted:

Oh slice a little beef, cut a little veg
Line cook tonight, line cook tonight

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

twoday posted:

Weird Craigslist Ads: a real-life Hemmingway story

Every one of these is a variation on that theme.

Yeah, but not all of them are literally "for sale: baby shoes, never worn". :)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Congratulation! You have a beef!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh slice a little beef, cut a little veg
Line cook tonight, line cook tonight

I love you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

M--mom?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

My Lovely Horse posted:

Congratulation! You have a beef!

I like to think they mean it sincerely, like, you come in, slice one cut of beef and then you can leave.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'd totally be down to check out that job for a month or two if the ad were local, I'm a big fan of learning ethnic food recipes/techniques directly (even though they claim fusion)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Sentient Data posted:

I'd totally be down to check out that job for a month or two if the ad were local, I'm a big fan of learning ethnic food recipes/techniques directly (even though they claim fusion)

Sounds like you only get one shot at the beef, so make it count.

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
That's not what shy means.

I think about the average age of the build-a-bear worker and shudder.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

Wow it's like the old married couple's version of the always sunny dick flier

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

CuteStorm posted:

I think about the average age of the build-a-bear worker and shudder.

I'm pretty sure that whoever posted that is not a parent and is not interested in the employee.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

cash crab posted:

I like to think they mean it sincerely, like, you come in, slice one cut of beef and then you can leave.
They call you back when you're halfway out the door and point meaningfully at a bell pepper.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

AfroSquirrel posted:

I'm pretty sure that whoever posted that is not a parent and is not interested in the employee.

Totally.

Except for the whole "my two kiddos" thing I guess

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

That reminds me of http://www.somethingawful.com/series/instruction-for-a-help/

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Miaou posted:

Appetizing.

The used vegetable oil will certainly be taken by someone with a diesel engine that can run off it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I love Zack Parsons. He is literally the reason I joined the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

* Ring a bell
* It's RED WORM TIME