Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
You have to mail the Schmutz coozies to somebody. It's too wonderful to keep between this thread and your real life friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Roro posted:

Loving those keywords. Sour diesel! Is that an actual term used for The Weed?

It's a specific strain that smells like diesel fuel.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

queserasera posted:

Again, phone post. http://greensboro.craigslist.org/bar/5561642730.html

I always wonder about these kinds of listings. If they aren't stolen, how did the original owner acquire them?

Bought at an auction? I've seen equally random poo poo at auctions.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CuteStorm posted:

Is this from a movie? I'm so confused.

Yes, it's the plot of Notting Hill. I cannot imagine being so bored that I would post plots of 1990s movies on Craigslist.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Scathach posted:

Please post a picture when it's done, that sounds awesome!

And a picture from before it's painted, when we can still see the proud armigery of the Schmutz wedding peeking through the scales.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

They probably don't know the Treasury will do that. Hell, I work for the government and I didn't know the Treasury will do that.

It's actually the United States Mint that has a Mutilated Coin Redemption Program, but it's suspended at least through October because shitbags were ripping it off.

Why we can't have nice things.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Elsa posted:

but the cherry blossoms

There are no cherry blossoms in Sacramento now. Nor have there been since maybe March.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

What was it like when your mom got a title loan on your car because the title was in her name even though you paid the car off?

I'm guessing "bad" but I want details, too :allears:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like "bringing a homeless person food that they then devour in front of you" is someone's very specific fetish.

Also, someone should tell that guy that distilled and RO water is really not for drinking.

A lot of people drink distilled water because of some garbage woo nonsense theories like those outlined here.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Accordion, ten minutes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I believe those are the correct pants for Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett don't wear pants.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I have met Black people who collected racist tchotchkes like that. :shrug: Not people I was close enough to to ask about their rationale for doing it, though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

My household choir does not need done.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I kind of want a six foot tall woman who weighs 105 pounds to show up for his shoot

thank ms skeltal

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

Whatever happened to Tommy Davidson

Tommy D Comedy is now Tommy D hosting some kind of vacation show on the CW. With some white lady I've never heard of.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Rob Goldstone twin (minor player in current US Trump Russia scandal)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I would totally pay $100 for that dinosaur made out of random metal.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'd feel cheated if a jazz musician WASN'T broke and depressed. I thought that was a requirement.

They call her Happyface Jones.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I have never wanted to put a duck on a leash and take it for a walk until now, but now I really, really do. :3:

Especially an Indian Runner duck.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Humerus posted:

Ever feel like what multilevel marketing scams were missing was Jesus?

The existing ones already have plenty of Jesus, particularly Amway, Young Living (oils), and LulaRoe. Barf barf.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Some very cool people slept in coffins. John Donne, Sarah Bernhardt, and John Lennon are three that come to mind.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

"New, handcrafted mother of pearl shell pendant. The shape crafted here is a divided star, which gives you positive energy. The price includes a free gift box. Part of the sales price goes to charity. Thank you."

Why, yes, I used to teach English as a Foreign Language.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

You guys, our 2000 Honda Civic hatchy is dead and we are loving heartbroken. :911:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Three fleshlights, 1 vibrator, 1 used animatronic animal from Chuck E. Cheese.

And a dildo in a pear tree :sax:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

One thing I love about my city is that you can bring things like unused adult diapers and empty cookie tins to the recycling center and put them on these big metal shelves and people who need or want them will take them. There is also a book thing that has doors on it so the books don't get wet.

The guy with the yogurt should call a food bank instead of posting on Craigslist, though!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

spotted on my local FB marketplace:

Brand new! I'll steal them from walmart AFTER you pay me

I miss the shoplifting subReddit, that was hilarious. :sigh:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

People complain about Goodwill in particular because their business model relies on grossly underpaying cognitively and developmentally disabled workers.

I don't think anyone objects to the concept of thrift stores/charity shops/opshops in general.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Salvation Army are anti-union, iirc.

Yes, and anti-same sex marriage. I like Amvets and Boomerang's (a local AIDS charity shop chain). Goodwill and Salvation Army can gently caress right off, but at least Salvation Army pays minimum wage.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Garrand posted:

I think nowadays their stance is they won't turn away someone in need because they are gay but they won't officially hire someone in corporate if they don't follow their religion or something like that. They still act as a religious organization but have lightened up because of some previous really bad pr incidents

Yeah, I get that they can legally hire only or mostly people who share their religious sentiments, which, whatever but their joining political campaigns against same-sex marriage leaves me sour on them entirely. If you don't want to marry someone of the same sex because of your religious principles, then don't. Other people shouldn't have to follow your religious principles, yeah?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Some Goodwill organizations pay all employees at least minimum wage, but not all do, at least as of late 2016. The national organization should insist on equity imo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ed Sheeran's new songs are :shrug:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

We went on an open studio tour last weekend, and at least three of the artists had hornets’ nests in their studios :gonk:

To be clear, abandoned ones they were using for reference or whatever, not hornets just building active nests in the studios.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

It’s bullshit. “Gledding” tips it off. Autocorrect knows that’s supposed to be “gelding”, and even without autocorrect, someone misspelling it wouldn’t add an extra d out of nowhere.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

If my initial were W or E, I would totally buy a McDonald’s M and put it upside down or sideways.

I assume the gallon of milk is for scale, and not a lagniappe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Apparently it's an ad for a boat.

A boat full of murderous Greek soldiers. I’m not falling for that one again.