Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

hyperhazard posted:

I want to say this is an offer to trade shrooms for opium, but I've known enough weirdo biologists that I'm honestly not sure.

Lol this is in Davis and I'm pretty sure I've met this person at the craft center. It's both okay. A legit interest in specimens, but also drugs.

Also, thanks Scathach.

...I love JO crystal every time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I remembered casual encounters being good for a laugh, but I think I'm just not as shocked about what people get up to anymore. Right now I'm just struck how lonely people seem and it's sad. Like, I guess a lot of people really do want to have no-strings fun, but other ads seem like they're going the casual route because of some sad issues. Anyway, I've learned a lot that my vanilla self would have known otherwise though. Like, it seems swinger clubs don't allow single men, just couples and single women. I now know this because there's always a few guys soliciting dates on CL so that they can get into these clubs.

Anyway, I feel half bad about posting this one, poor bastard, but the dog in the background is cracking me up:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/YXO3gkh.png

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

hyperhazard posted:

Sometimes I wonder about the things listed under Antiques. Is there really a market for rusted tractor seats?

I helped my mom with her craft business in the 90s. I am no stranger to taking nasty old garbage and making a dried flower arrangement in/on it. Dumb broads will decorate their houses with the weirdest poo poo. Those look like good items for that. Even the bedpan. I'd put a whole bunch of baby's breath in there so it looks like it's spilling out and some other flowers. Yeah, and epoxy a hanger to the back. Some lady will think that would be so cute to hang in the bathroom.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Screaming Idiot posted:

For some reason I read this in Ricardo Montalban's voice.

I did too, only without remembering who Montalban was until you mentioned it.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Ever since plastic got so popular sea glass has been increasingly hard to find. However, there is no end of crafts you can make with it on Pinterest. I found out people also sell TP tubes and soda tabs on eBay because of crafters too.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

queserasera posted:

The natural stuff at any rate. You can make your own sea glass in a rock tumbler with fine grit. The glass in the ad looks too regular to be the ocean-made stuff.
That's probably what the seller did, I bet you're right.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It is? I wish I could remember exactly what beach it was in NJ but I was on it like 5 years back and the entire beach was basically sea glass. I thought it was common as poo poo

I found one decent piece this year, and I'm a regular beach comber. Mostly I just pick up a ton of plastic bullshit and throw it away for these messy slobs that come here. Anyway, I'm in California so that could explain the difference.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
This is why women give up on doing things that boys also like. Like video games. Or going outside. Or talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Pretty sure I know the one he's talking about. Hollered at my friend who was passing by on foot, offered him an especially sloppy beej.