Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nigerian_Prince
Mar 22, 2016

"You...I've seen you. In my nightmares!"

The Game:

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion needs no introduction . Its a classic RPG really. Made by Bethesda. Inspired a lot of clones such as the rather poor Two Worlds and its single-digit FPS.

Method Man in the Madness:

Noticing that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was 10 years old on the 20th of March, I suddenly felt a rumble in my pants: a desire perhaps, to rediscover the bland, tacky, and dated as hell game that I once played and once enjoyed. Back when I had fewer face-pubes than I do now, back when I knew less swear words, way back, when I had that red and black lumberjack, with a hat to match.

Intentions:

I decided to revisit this old classic using the time-honoured methods of the Lets Play. But be warned: this is not a serious LP. In the first part, I made a ugly as hell character, called him 'Ugly Fucker', killed Valen Dreth using console commands, and made a class called 'F*CK O'. Its essentially a troll LP. What better way to honour the old greats?

I might turn it into something of a console hack/unarmed/troll playthrough depending on how I feel. Had a blast doing the first part because it makes a change from playing it like a straight RPG.

Nevertheless, its not a pure LP. Will be skipping ahead in parts considering the game has like 100 hours of content but nothing too jarring.

So happy 10th birthday Oblivion. Here's to you.

Enjoy.

(Actual picture of Ugly Fucker imitating the noble rock)

(NOTE: Episodes list below will be updated whenever I'm bothered. Will continue on request.)

EPISODES:

Episode 1: UGLINESS AND BEAUTY

Episode 2: BRUTALITY AND MERCY

Episode 3: CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

Episode 4: PRISON AND FREEDOM

Episode 5: gently caress NAMING CONVENTIONS

Nigerian_Prince fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It is OK to say fucker. Sometimes I do it twice a day!

Nigerian_Prince
Mar 22, 2016

FisheyStix posted:

It is OK to say fucker. Sometimes I do it twice a day!

Thanks babe, will edit for posterity.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The secret is that the asterisk is actually covering up an e

Nigerian_Prince
Mar 22, 2016

death .cab for qt posted:

The secret is that the asterisk is actually covering up an e

Likely considering my ethnicity...

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?
It's you, the hero of Kvatch!

Nigerian_Prince
Mar 22, 2016

Superdude255 posted:

It's you, the hero of Kvatch!

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMI....oh god. You are fugly. Move along citizen."

Parts 2 and 3 are uploaded. Links in description.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'd start protesting against labeling Oblivion "classic" or "RPG" but poo poo like that gets me probated.

Nigerian_Prince
Mar 22, 2016

anilEhilated posted:

I'd start protesting against labeling Oblivion "classic" or "RPG" but poo poo like that gets me probated.

Its a classic. 10 years old. Received critical and popular acclaim and still holds up very well.

RPG? You roleplay in a fantasy world. I'm roleplaying in game as a foul troll (although thats technically not roleplaying considering what I'm like in real life).

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
By which logic every single game released 10+ years ago is a classic RPG, yeah. Whatever, this fight's not worth fighting.

Nigerian_Prince
Mar 22, 2016

anilEhilated posted:

By which logic every single game released 10+ years ago is a classic RPG, yeah. Whatever, this fight's not worth fighting.

Nah but every good game released ten years ago is a classic. If they have RPG elements they are a classic RPG. But lets agree to disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigerian_Prince
Mar 22, 2016
Next two parts are up. Sorry about the delay, but I was busy doing a study on recidivism rates in Ireland. But enough of that, watch me drop a minotaur head on a glitchy elf!

• Locked thread