Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alas, Grey Side Force characters have a hard time existing and being appreciated when everyone tries to fit everything force into either a Red box or Blue box. Not just in-universe either.

Hopefully people will keep trying and maybe sometime it'll stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

When I stopped Zen was at precisely 100 Light/Dark (I think Dark) Side points away from force neutrality. I'd have probably done something like that with Mort if there was a way to do so that didn't make him seem schizophrenic, the Inquisitor and I think the Jedi classes have an easier time of the 'Grey Jedi' route [spoiler]and the Inquisitor even gets "rewarded" for it in the form of a special Darth name that only neutral inquisitors can get: Darth Oculus[/spoil], but the differences between a lightside and darkside action for the warrior tend to be very extreme.

One of the best moments I remember in the game is the Grey Side choice for Warriors before you actually become one, where you convince two gangs stealing imperial supplies to fight one another and then you let them fight without picking a side and clean up whoever gets left over.

It's great. Making me want to get back into it again, dangit.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

At first I was going to :argh: that the Aggressor showed up again here but uh, it's not the ship I was thinking of. Not at all.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

There needs to be more times in games where you show up, point out that you're pretty capable of getting your way (chief example of you being able to get there in the first place,) and the 'hah I don't believe you can!' retort gets shot down by someone pointing out that you got there in the first place.

It's hilarious :allears:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

I like this scene in general, I just wish you could turn around and win over the Republic guy the same way.

"You'll never stop us!"

"Emperor's Wrath."

"Oh. Right. Here are my half of the passcodes for Revan's bunker."

That's the chief disappointment of that scene yeah.

"You'll never stop us!"
"Emperor's Wrath."
"So what!? We're Republic!"
"I got the Empire's side of your little encampment to go along with me."
"Oh, ok, that changes things. Um. Ceasefire if I surrender our half the passcodes?"

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I remember the Bounty Hunters Wars trilogy if only because I believe an accurate summation of it is 'Boba Fett as Batman to everyone else being Penguin/Twoface and gang.'

Findsmen are pretty cool though. There's usually enough sense in their nonsense that you can see where they're coming from which really helps with their take on the 'mystical dowser made into an alien' thing they've got going on.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Welp, there went the planet.

What a waste of a perfectly good planet.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Kill one Emperor, another assumes the throne. What's another Emperor to add to the list?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Space is huge and has room for infinite guts.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Gambling with the Fate of the Galaxy is kind of what we do lady.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Katana Fleet?

:allears:

I knew this sounded familiar!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy's throne is... Down.

That's not even a very good Little Doctor if it only took out a dozen targets and not the entire fleet!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Oh boy, two Ghost Dads. This'll be a hoot!

Maybe Vowren will show up and make it a hat trick! Three! Three Ghost Dad's! Just like the end of Return of the Jedi! Only with dancing HK droids instead of Ewoks!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I can't see a Volus. It's not round enough.

You did get me seeing Claptrap though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

'Uh, Emperor sir? We can't really see under the first one's visor. Are you saying that all of your knights killed the immortal emp-hurk!'

It's a good thing we always have T7 and R2D2 on our side. They'd be hellacious villains otherwise.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Knights of the Fallen Empire Update 16: This is Ender's Game Only The Enemy's Gate Is A Robot.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Oooh, a twofer for the Dead Forever list!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Skipped words. They make sense in the full context of the sentence but as phrases they fall apart.
Proofread yourself Vaylin!

Also I can't believe Koth forgot to blow the docking clamps. That was like, step 2 of stealing a super star destroyer in the EU books (the first being 'take control of it.')

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

Like I said, you stole my thunder. Now I'm stealing it back.
You and everyone else this expansion.

It figures that I finally find some thunder and it turns out that thunder belongs to someone else. Again. For the fourth, fifth, sixth time? This is full of Sithspit Bioware. And not the stuff in my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Carpal tunnel'd Gamer Claw is the true curse.

Sorry to hear about the Carpal Tunnel PTN!

• Locked thread