Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope I can be half the gamer Shadow is someday.
Get a PS4 and you're halfway there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

its says ching chong wiiu ching

Thank you.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

the oval is coming

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If any other company made me play games on an oval shaped touch screen with my thumbs blocking part of the screen, I would have immediately dismissed it as cancer, but I can always count on loving Based Nintendo to get the job done right. Nintendo fans in the Twin Cities seriously need to watch out because I may just spend the NX's launch weekend traveling around town going to every Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, Toys R Us etc and scooping up as many of them as I possibly can.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

if its real it'd kill my interest in an nx

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's like the third "leak" in the last two weeks and every photo looks different and fake. I won't believe anything until I see it in a direct

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But yeah. No Buttons = No Buy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
That's literally what people thought the original Wii controller was gonna be back when there was a big hubbub about it being super weird and revolutionary, just fyi.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

That's like the third "leak" in the last two weeks and every photo looks different and fake. I won't believe anything until I see it in a direct

u know it's real because of the "confidential property" sticker

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bill Barber posted:

That's literally what people thought the original Wii controller was gonna be back when there was a big hubbub about it being super weird and revolutionary, just fyi.

the one i remember was it being a vr headset with sensors in front of the console so you could move forward by stomping your feet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

the one i remember was it being a vr headset with sensors in front of the console so you could move forward by stomping your feet

lmao

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i found the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX2smM87r14

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

the oval is coming

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
banana controller

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SM64Guy posted:

Yeah that was the Nintendo ON and was released like a day before the E3 showing the actual controller so I felt bad for the guy who spent all the time making it since it was debunked like 10 hours later.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Preordered 3 already [one in each color] because there is no way I'm gonna go through Christmas Season (retail worker here, gently caress the holidays) without a new Nintendo NX in every room and one for work and one for travel. You know they are gonna be hard to find because Nintendo is for everyone and ALWAYS sell out. Plus cannot wait to play muh jumpmans on there and hell it looks super comfortable to use and play on for extended periods. Let's just hope they are backwards compatible with all 544 of my old 1.0 Amiibos when they release Amiibo 2.0. Nintendo finally shut up, and my money was ready.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The oval controller is the one they use on the pokken tournament arcade in Japan!!! Dummy!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
drat... I've been paying a lot attention to the Japanese Pokken scene, so I can't believe I missed that.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo knows what they are doing. Haptic feedback is 10000x better than real buttons. gently caress off haters.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Average pimp zoner :cry: But... But.... Muh buttans!!! :cry:

Me: :fuckoff:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Old lame Nintendo: How about a place on the Wii U pad where you put Amiibos?

New cool Nintendo: How about the whole controller is that?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo: Actually the controllers are the Amiibo now

Me:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Slippy's uncle, Grippy: Actually, it's quite comfortable to hold.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nintendo has wisely realized that the average gamer's fetish for buttons is a relic of the infantilization of the American male by a corrupt and decadent Western society.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Haters and losers love to put Nintendo down when they haven't contributed anything to society. Sad!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If any other company made me play games on an oval shaped touch screen with my thumbs blocking part of the screen, I would have immediately dismissed it as cancer, but I can always count on loving Based Nintendo to get the job done right. Nintendo fans in the Twin Cities seriously need to watch out because I may just spend the NX's launch weekend traveling around town going to every Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, Toys R Us etc and scooping up as many of them as I possibly can.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retard 4 posted:

Preordered 3 already [one in each color] because there is no way I'm gonna go through Christmas Season (retail worker here, gently caress the holidays) without a new Nintendo NX in every room and one for work and one for travel. You know they are gonna be hard to find because Nintendo is for everyone and ALWAYS sell out. Plus cannot wait to play muh jumpmans on there and hell it looks super comfortable to use and play on for extended periods. Let's just hope they are backwards compatible with all 544 of my old 1.0 Amiibos when they release Amiibo 2.0. Nintendo finally shut up, and my money was ready.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retard 4 posted:

Nintendo knows what they are doing. Haptic feedback is 10000x better than real buttons. gently caress off haters.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retard 4 posted:

Average pimp zoner :cry: But... But.... Muh buttans!!! :cry:

Me: :fuckoff:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
OHHHHHHHHHH WHY DOESN"T NINTENDO JUST MAKE A SYUSTEM LIKE FAILBOX ONE (the loving THIRD failbox mind you!!!) WITH THE WRFONG loving RAM OR A GAYSTATION 4 AND Have ULTRA HIGH DEF GRAPHICS FOR MY ())())))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOLLAR TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A loving MORON cuck im gay loving RETARD NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - literally every loving poster in this thread right now! SERIOUSLY gently caress OFF !!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[after calming down]: Nintendo is older than Corsair, and they aren't going anywhere, gently caress off trolls

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Retard 4 posted:

[after calming down]: Nintendo is older than Corsair, and they aren't going anywhere, gently caress off trolls
Alright, I lolled

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retard 4 posted:

OHHHHHHHHHH WHY DOESN"T NINTENDO JUST MAKE A SYUSTEM LIKE FAILBOX ONE (the loving THIRD failbox mind you!!!) WITH THE WRFONG loving RAM OR A GAYSTATION 4 AND Have ULTRA HIGH DEF GRAPHICS FOR MY ())())))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOLLAR TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A loving MORON cuck im gay loving RETARD NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - literally every loving poster in this thread right now! SERIOUSLY gently caress OFF !!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
so guys, im from the future. here to give you some details on the 'nx'.
first off, the leak is real, but that's not the final product. although the final product is very similar, it is slightly larger and feels more pleasing to hold, even on its own. what you could compare it to is like a cross between holding a wiimote, and holding a phone (horizontally, of course). i'd say it's more comfortable than the wii u gamepad, but that's my opinion - some prefer the gamepad, but that really doesn't matter for reasons i'm about to get into.
now let me just say, i'm with you if you think it's not a good design for a controller how it is and how you see it right now, but as for the final design, you will change your mind... why? when you purchase the "NX", it comes with the console, core gamepad, hdmi and cables, 2 games (one of them is basically just for showing off the features of the "NX" itself), and the classic controller attachment.
now you'll probably be excited to find out that the core gamepad's design is how it is for a reason. while it is perfectly fine to use how it is, it's also designed for attachments. the attachment is comes with, the classic controller att., is exactly what you'd expect, it has those hand grips and is incredibly comfortable. in case you're worried about it being too bulky, it's not. also, the way the attachments click in is super satisfying, like more satisfying than the sound of putting in cartridges into the NES.
so there are a few other attachments, a couple of them are just for the feel, but others have special functions. There is one attachment i'm not going to mention, but i'll give you a hint: it is something that has been called expensive and gimmicky in the past. (btw, that's not to say it is in this case, nintendo pulled it off pretty well)
as for the other attachments, they're all pretty awesome. there's this other one that adds a totally new set of controls, so if you really love physical buttons and poo poo, that'll be for you.
speaking of buttons, the way they are set up on the core gamepad is really intuitive, i wont go into it much, but i will say that after using it, you wont care much about physical buttons. the haptic feedback really does its part. as for the shoulder buttons/scroll wheels, they feel so satisfying to use... this is a very satisfying controller in general. oh also, the circle pads have haptic feedback as well.
im too lazy to write anymore here, i'll answer just one question, and 3 yes or no questions. cheers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is metroid on it?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Its Real....And Its Fantastic! [closes door on this thread filled with haters]

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Xbox one SJW im gay

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Xbox one SJW im gay

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
x-bone ( can't type this the right way because of fucktarded CU.CK mods)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Xbone

• Locked thread