Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
This was the first truly good episode of the season. Lots of great moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Splettnet has his full ringtone. This is excellent.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Unlike Tucker he doesn't have any responsibility, he's just there to deliver by far the best lines in the show. I was losing it during that restaurant scene.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Click the donate button and then try to donate, its a work of genius. Also loving his campaign commercials.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Throatwarbler posted:

AM I the only one who finds the insults to be a bit forced and unnatural compared to TTOI?

I do too but some of it might just be the accents trowing you off. "I never see those so called people talk normally so maybe its always like this when the British speak." But some of it is just a little forced, like the joke takes too long to make or is to complex to occur in real life.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm slightly misremembering things, but the show kinda botched the general election stuff. We never got a good sense of the republican candidate, for instance. The primary stuff was marginally better.

Well, thats sort of was the style of this show (and TToI before it.) The focus was on office stuff and character interactions rather than the characters' careers. That all sort of went out the window last season when they decided to have Selina become president.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I remember Ben turning from cuddly, cowardly loser to murderous bastard on somebody last season, but that was about the only other time I saw it at that level on Veep.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Barbe Rouge posted:

Is it Dan when he's getting fired and threatening to talk to reporters about the data breach thing?
And Kent then says something like "I do not condone the tone of the delivery, but I completely agree with the message."

It was either that or the guy they set up to fall during the inquiry.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Paladinus posted:

Is it just me or this season has drastically dropped in quality? There is no subtlety anymore and every character is more of a caricature now. Everything about Jonah is absolutely transparent and unfunny.

I think Kent's jokes have become really obvious and he's more a shell of himself (he was introduced as being really important and influential, remember?) But Jonah is less of a caricature as he was during the Ryantology poo poo. Still is one (the two way mirror segment was cringeworthy for this reason, for instance) but not as much as he was back then. However, I think that they've done a great job with characters like Mike, Ben and Catherine. Really, those three characters alone have elevated this season higher than show has previously been. Meyers is great too, of course, but then she's always been.

I don't need the sex poo poo though, its HBO and all but the stuff with Selena's ex-husband fell flat in season 1, the Purcell poo poo fell flat this season and the Tom James sex parts fell flat this season and last season.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Illinois Smith posted:

It's all a combo of people looking for reasons the show may or may not have jumped the shark + reasons the show may or may not be worse due to Iannucci's absence.

Spoiler alert: It's still great.

As far as I am aware I am the only one who complained about the sex in the show--- and I think it always sucked.

Except for the fitness instructor stuff, which was hilarious.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's pretty cool that they mentioned that. It's actually true that NH has developed a huge heroin problem in recent years :smith:

Its come up often enough during election season due to the NH primaries, the writers probably got it from that.

I sort of doubt that Jonah actually cares about drug addicts, he'd be more likely to make funny faces at them.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Contrary to what their constituents want to believe, sitting legislators almost never have any real effect on their district's economy unless they have an important post or are members of the right committee.

Honestly, that is probably what I would most want to see next season. Drop Meyer and all of the cast members related to her and have the whole show focus around Jonah's office and how he fucks everything up and votes the wrong way on stuff. Mike can get added to his staff after being fired and there you go, full roster. Jonah, Splett, angry uncle, Dan and Mike (and, obviously, a few new ones to fill other positions.) Ben in particular would be sorely missed but reigning it in to a less expansive cast would ultimately do the show good.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I thought the Ben's wife joke was that his wives all were nurses who married him in hopes that he'd die? That and the accent stuff, of course.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Also, really sad that they went the Tom James route. It was not the way I wanted stuff to go.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
New Hampshire has two congressmen so Jonah turning would have just led to an abstention anyway. Well, assuming delegate counts are the same as IRL of course, anyway.

Yeah, the show gets a lot of process stuff wrong.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It would be funny if James gets impeached and she almost immediately becomes president again, I guess. They did set up all that corruption stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
He could always work for Jonah...

• Locked thread