Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Aliquid posted:

holy loving poo poo https://www.splettnet.net/ exists and is fantastic

pages upon pages of tom bombadil conjecture, yes please

Ahh man, I can't stop reading this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Yeah that is too perfect for it not to happen

Especially with how well he's just been rolling with the punches lately every time she fucks him and turns one of his potentially actually productive projects into a PR stunt.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

The Dan parts this episode are amzing. Him turning into Tom James' Gary (especially the moment where he realizes it in the kitchen), then getting chewed out by Garry f'n Gergich.

Jonah running for office has me soiling myself with excitement. Did anyone else catch that he originally came to the White House as a 3-week temp? You're not gonn get rid of this guy!

To replace someone with MRSA, something else you can't get rid of.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm slightly misremembering things, but the show kinda botched the general election stuff. We never got a good sense of the republican candidate, for instance. The primary stuff was marginally better.

There's been so many twists n turns, scandals, and scapegoating in Selina's career/campaigns over the past couple of seasons that I can barely remember how we even got to where we were at the beginning of this season. I didn't even remember the O'Brien guy she was tied with and running against, and thought Tom James was her main opponent coming into the season. It's all good though, it just adds to the absurdity and general sense of just how hosed up all these people are.

Also, I want a Jonah/Richard spin-off so, so bad.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

mcbexx posted:

But not out of spite, rather through sheer incompetence.
Which was hinted at by him needing another ballot because he hosed up voting for himself.

Jonah's incompetence doesn't need to be hinted at, it's always been one of his defining character traits. They did however maybe hint that Selina's own incompetence/narcissism will cause the spite that makes Jonah not vote for her when she basically told him to gently caress off by hanging up on him mid sentence while he started asking something about help with the New Hampshire opiate abuse problem. Who knows, maybe they're gonna make it so that Jonah actually does care about his state and constituents but is still an incompetent idiot, which could be interesting as it'd make the most buffoonish, idiotic character on the show still better than Selena, as she's purely driven by selfishness and only accomplishes anything good only by accident and it happening to align with a selfish desire of hers.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Its come up often enough during election season due to the NH primaries, the writers probably got it from that.

I sort of doubt that Jonah actually cares about drug addicts, he'd be more likely to make funny faces at them.

Nah, if there were any issues that would catch Jonah's attention and he might care about they'd be drug and alcohol related ones and teen pregnancy

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

I don't remember if they ever mentioned he has a family at all before. Seeing him switch from normal Ben to OH HEY SWEETIE WHERE ARE THE KIDS made me smile.

Pretty sure the joke was that he keeps marrying his nurses, he's had three wives and three heart attacks.

Yeah, those were specific parts of the general gist that his whole life is so consumed by his job and he lives in such a stifling bubble of being a Washington political insider that he has no clue what's even going on with his own wife n family, and the only time he's even been able to meet a potential wife is when he's in the hospital due to the stress of his job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I assume that either now that Selina isn't prez Mike will keep his job or that President Tom James will keep him on or assign him to Jonah's old job or something just to torture Selina.

Yeah, she's going to be once again an irrelevant and powerless political presence so all those top level people in Mike's field she was just interviewing aren't going to want her PR rep job anymore so she might as well stick with the incompetent but harmless dude she knows

• Locked thread