Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you take over at the end of a term can you still run for two full terms after?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you take over at the end of a term can you still run for two full terms after?

If you served for less than two years of the term you took over.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you serve less than two years as replacement pres, you can run for two full terms (totaling 10 years as president: two max as a replacement, eight as elected to office).

Selina's eligible to run for a second full term.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I've been avoiding this show until I caught up with seasons 2-4, and I'm so glad that I can watch the next two episodes live. Jonah running for congress is one of the best things I've ever seen.

"He's the wrong shape."

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Tony Hale is going to be on "All In with Chris Hayes" tonight on MSNBC.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
He was also on the new CBB season last week, great episode.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I saw Tony Hale on his children's book tour. The crowd was half families half AD fans. So he's doing this Q&A going back and forth between kids and adults and one kid asks this totally non sequitur "Why do chairs sit down?" which caught him off guard and made everyone laugh and then this awful AD fan explained the joke during their question. :downsgun: Super cool guy and his book is adorable, though.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's pretty cool that they mentioned that. It's actually true that NH has developed a huge heroin problem in recent years :smith:

Its come up often enough during election season due to the NH primaries, the writers probably got it from that.

I sort of doubt that Jonah actually cares about drug addicts, he'd be more likely to make funny faces at them.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Cliff Racer posted:

Its come up often enough during election season due to the NH primaries, the writers probably got it from that.

I sort of doubt that Jonah actually cares about drug addicts, he'd be more likely to make funny faces at them.

I think Jonah cares because he is euphoric, and is in love with the people for recognizing his greatness. The best situation would be if Jonah rides this and becomes the most loved and effective American hero of recent memory by the end of the series.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Cliff Racer posted:

Of course he cares about them, he sees them all the time down on the cornah.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Nah, if there were any issues that would catch Jonah's attention and he might care about they'd be drug and alcohol related ones and teen pregnancy

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

I think Jonah cares because he is euphoric, and is in love with the people for recognizing his greatness. The best situation would be if Jonah rides this and becomes the most loved and effective American hero of recent memory by the end of the series.

This is true, but you also know that as soon as someone from New Hampshire does something that mildly annoys him, he will intentionally ruin his state's economy just to spite that one person. Assuming he hasn't unintentionally ruined it off course.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Contrary to what their constituents want to believe, sitting legislators almost never have any real effect on their district's economy unless they have an important post or are members of the right committee.

Honestly, that is probably what I would most want to see next season. Drop Meyer and all of the cast members related to her and have the whole show focus around Jonah's office and how he fucks everything up and votes the wrong way on stuff. Mike can get added to his staff after being fired and there you go, full roster. Jonah, Splett, angry uncle, Dan and Mike (and, obviously, a few new ones to fill other positions.) Ben in particular would be sorely missed but reigning it in to a less expansive cast would ultimately do the show good.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Drop Selina Meyer? What the hell is wrong with you?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Drop Meyer and all of the cast members related to her and have the whole show focus around Jonah's office and how he fucks everything up and votes the wrong way on stuff.
What a bad idea.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I mean, Jonad In Charge would probably make a great spin-off show but not really something I'd want to see as the focus of Season 6 of Veep.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 17, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
He's not even going to be veep.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

A show-within-a-show is comedy gold, though. Seeing Jonah as an impotent congressman is PERFECT

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Make a "Better Elect Jonah" spin off, solved.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

i am the bird posted:

Season 6 revolving around impeachment trials makes sense as a storyline, so I'm on board with this. The vitriol between Selina and congress would be magnificent.

How long will Dan stay with Jonah?

And then somehow turning that into a special election in 2022, where Jonah will run and win. It all makes sense now!

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Jonad could totally demand the VP slot in exchange for his deciding vote...

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Cliff Racer posted:

Drop Meyer and all of the cast members related to her

What a thrillingly bad idea!

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Cliff Racer posted:

Drop Meyer and all of the cast members related to her and have the whole show focus around Jonah's office

Jon H Ryan parachute account spotted

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Usually a gimmick episode like this would suck, but this is brilliant.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Kent being in that hardcore 1% MC was so amazing.

Such a great episode. Ben messing with Kents books at the end.

Titan fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 20, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Of course Kent would be in a biker gang.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That was the most Jonah thing ever.
He hosed up at technically sabotaging his own party.
There were so many payoffs to set ups from during the season. For example Mikes little "paranoia".

Titan posted:

Such a great episode. Ben messing with Kents books at the end.
That was such a great gag you can fit in one second.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 20, 2016

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
That was an excellent ep. Looking forward to when Selina and Jonad come face to face again.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I loved the scene where they were repoing the furniture behind Gary, while pretending the count hadn't happened yet. The true calling card of a crap filmmaker.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

EL BROMANCE posted:

I loved the scene where they were repoing the furniture behind Gary, while pretending the count hadn't happened yet. The true calling card of a crap filmmaker.

Pretty sure the count hadn't happened; Gary just didn't want that couch around because of what... happened on it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mother of god, that was a great episode. Different than what I expected it to be, but perfectly Catherine at the same time. All of her spying was hilarious & brutal (Mike :( ) and her dancing naked dude thing at the start of the episode had me in tears laughing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

vseslav.botkin posted:

Pretty sure the count hadn't happened; Gary just didn't want that couch around because of what... happened on it.

Ahhh misinterpreted that one then. She's still an awful filmmaker mind!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was so drat good.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Perfection. I was hoping they'd do an episode like this and they knocked it out of the loving park.

Can't decide what I loved the most: Kent's bike gang? Selina's Nixon story? Gary (with hair!) hip checking 'lil Catherine off the stage at the start? So many great little moments.

GobiasIndustries posted:

her dancing naked dude thing at the start of the episode had me in tears laughing.
holy poo poo yes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I've been eating so much pussy I'm making GBS threads clits.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lol Meyer's dad "made a lot of business with Charles "Bebe" Rebozo", Nixon's Éminence grise.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Aliquid posted:

I've been eating so much pussy I'm making GBS threads clits.

Hey!

This is an elementary school! Watch your spewing mouth you animal!

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Catherine having to listen to her mom loving and just shaking her head "no" the whole time was the best part.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The car accident was when I lost it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy hell. "Silent Crimes/Keystone Pipeline".

• Locked thread