Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

http://i.imgur.com/arj3tPP.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:swoon:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

SpiritOfLenin posted:

"I do not understand this thing. Therefore I must punch it."

I suspect the camera has a blinking red light.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mizuti posted:

Spring's arrived in the northern hemisphere. Guess who's glad to hear that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvdwamHv_fk

They're very small, shy, and plain looking, but famous for their incredible song.

The best part is when Mr bird is approached by a caterpillar, picks it up in his beak, turns it around, and nudges it off in the opposite direction. "How about...no."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

A fine hat.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cash crab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L7VJl76i9U

Beach Snow Yam doesn't want to, at all, stop asking

I love how he continues to complain even as he stuck his face in the water. Brblrblrbl

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

snek escape

snek in disguise

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I just had a random thought, cute thread: what would a savannah cat/sphinx cat hybrid look like? Like Frankie with giraffe legs?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

My Lovely Horse posted:

At the last place I worked my coworkers would put nuts on the windowsill for the squirrels. That summer we all learned that squirrels have a pretty good memory for food sources and have no qualms about tearing your desk apart looking for the nuts if you forget to put them out one day.

I read about a guy who had a pack of crows following his car around for a similar reason. They kept doing this after he sold the car, and the guy he sold it to had no idea what the gently caress.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

luloo123 posted:

Here's a video with David Attenborough!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPGknpq3e0

First time I saw this I said "you're making GBS threads me" at my screen.

Not only do crows use tools, they make tools. And they even use tools for recreation:
https://youtu.be/3dWw9GLcOeA

One of the related videos is titled "casual understanding of water displacement," and dammed if it doesn't deliver.
https://youtu.be/ZerUbHmuY04

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Our poodle could do that 'Lassie' thing where you say 'Bring [this person] here', ...

Our lab could do this, as well as go and get various objects, and direct your attention to problems he wanted resolved.

So my mom used to put a sheet over his bed because it was easier to wash. One day, Gus walked up to mom and gave her his wrinkled forehead of great concern. He then led her to his bed, picked at a dirty spot with his teeth, then glared at her. His sheet was too dirty and he wanted a new one. He did poo poo like this all the time. Gigantic butthead.

quote:

I really miss that dog :( .

Saaaame.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

RandomFerret posted:

I like the single pawprint on the bed. At that point, he had to know what he was doing.

"No no no, I am not allowed on the bed and I am a gooddog."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

queserasera posted:

Adding mlem to my vocabulary really mlade my day.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

VendaGoat posted:

:crossarms:
What does the bird get out of this? Or is this him paying off a debt?

Mayhem.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cash crab posted:

Okay, well, next time let's find a way to more constructively express frustration. Like, by not telling other posters to die, or eat poo poo, perhaps.

Here:

I just want to point out that the poster you're replying to has multiple probations for uncalled-for personal attacks. You probably noticed but I couldn't not say anything, because jesus christ.:pwn:

Disco Salmon posted:

Nope...sorry! According to my husband it's actually called a swingbag :P Place hands to either side of the cat's back and then gently shake cat side to side...and observe. Hence the name :)

Poking it is great fun for at least one of the involved parties.

VVV :buddy:

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 00:29 on Apr 24, 2016

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

morph ball acquired

(the best part is when he pauses as if to evaluate whether he has rolled enough (the answer is if course no))

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The building where I work has a pond next to it, and we've apparently started gosling season. :haw:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

cash crab posted:

Speaking of good tumblr posts

The text loaded before the pictures. I was expecting camouflage, preferably a German variety. This is just silly. :3:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HopperUK posted:

This may have been posted before but it's so sweet I don't even care. Charles the Kudu, and his girlfriend. Don't judge them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KlMSnsaMg

Turns out interspecies dating is adorable. Who knew?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's basically the cutest freaking video ever.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CJacobs posted:

ITT scientists raise dinosaurs and pretend they're birds to get them through customs

I see through your ruse.

The latest science says that birds are dinosaurs. Not descended from dinosaurs, actually dinosaurs. You toggle one gene on and they grow teeth. You stick a plunger to a chicken's butt, and it walks like a raptor. Dinosaurs are alive and well, and you can watch them feed in your back yard.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 02:37 on May 11, 2016

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jack Gladney posted:

What do you expect? They're scavengers.

Fun fact: they actually kill more of what they eat than lions do.

Also, female spotted hyenas have what's called a "pseudo penis" through which they give birth.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jack Gladney posted:

Cats are big into familiar smells. Have your guy put more of your clothes from the hamper into the cat's basket.

This works with dogs too. When I was a kid and we got a lab puppy, my mom bought a little stuffed alligator and I rubbed it all over me after not bathing for a few days (lol, youth). That was the only stuffie type toy Gus didn't destroy. He carried it around like a teddy bear. Wish I had pictures.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

whiteyfats posted:

Birds have the second ugliest babies in nature. Maggots are first.

:shrug:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CJacobs posted:

For those that don't know what that creature is, it's a Fennec Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGcjkxRpDk

They are crazy frickin' fast and never ever slow down ever

Reminds me of Ozzy the least weasel
https://youtu.be/QzBZCao0kLE

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nordick posted:

Yup, that is what we have as the standard issue squirrel over here; the eurasian red squirrel, sciurus vulgaris.
I dunno what's so vulgar about them though, they are quite adorable.

I figure you're probably joking, but to those who don't know: vulgaris literally means common. The modern word vulgar is from Latin speaking aristocrats looking down their noses at commoners.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Karma Monkey posted:

The most adorable way to throw my back out. :3:

I can't tell if he's happy or resigned. He's kind of an expressionless, beady-eyed stormcloud and I love him.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

my cat is norris posted:

For some reason I read this all in Solaire's voice...

I got my characters confused and now I can't not hear it as Siegward

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Xun posted:

Help I'm mad about dog breeds someone post cute doges so I can stop being mad!!!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rabbit Hill posted:

This reminded me of something that happened at work and have no one else to tell. :v:

A coworker is helping someone do research on sea otters, specifically, the contact between sea otters and Captain Cook's 1776 South Pacific expedition. I was looking at some of the material he had pulled showing the drawings Cook's men had drawn of the ~strange and mysterious~ creature, and I thought, "hmm, what is the difference between a sea otter and a river otter, anyway?" When I googled "sea otter," I learned that it is none other than the Enhydra Lutris! As in, SA's ~strange and mysterious~ otter-loving poster! :3:

So...I guess I still don't know what the difference is, because I stopped reading after that, too distracted by excitement. (I even exclaimed, "Hey, I know that otter!!")

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

drrockso20 posted:

Man if only miniature Manatees existed, cause if they did I'd buy one and give it lots of love(and heads of lettuce):3::3::3:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

This kitty reminds me of a juvenile emperor penguin.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Thin Privilege posted:

Making a CAT smilie to represent a crazed cat, with pointy teeth on the first one

Pointy teeth Crazy eyes

Stare w/standard teeth

Choose, 1 or 2, and lemme know if u want pointy teeth on the second one

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Yeah, basically. I was trying to capture that "cat about to do something stupid and injurious" look.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

"It's like sharing a house with Tinkerbell." I love it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ChickenWing posted:

Every time I see a panting cat I worry because the internet told me that cats only pant when they're severely distressed or dehydrated.

My cats do it every time they have to go on a car ride and it makes me sad :<

People literally make poo poo up to ruin cute pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Kwyndig posted:

I was more referring to the fact everywhere we go cats follow and kind of destroy everything, for fun.

To be fair, it's cute.

It does not follow from this that we shouldn't domesticate other animals. I find it hard to imagine capybaras decimating songbird populations, for example.