Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Gonna cross post this from the cat thread here.

Tracula posted:

Thumb cats are best cats.

That was from her being a kitten. We named her Poly for, well, obvious reasons. She also has a sister name Ernie for Ernest Hemingway and that one has her own story to tell as well.

The best thing about thumb cats though is they can make more thumb cats :3: Apparently she has three kittens on the farm and two of them have extra toes. Whats interesting with her is that she has six toes on her front feet but seven claws, she has an extra claw between her thumbs and the rest of her foot. I know it was mentioned that there's an orange cat thread in Pet Island but is there a polydactyl thread? If not there needs to be.

Tracula posted:

Gonna quote myself for an update. Finally got a picture of her polydactyl kids. Apologies for including my ugly mug :v:
This one looks just like the mother and has seven toes on the front and five on the back.

Then there's this one who is darker in color and has seven on the front and SIX on each back foot.

Haven't thought of names for them yet plus I don't even know their genders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Hey thread, just wanted to thank you for coming to my rescue the other day.

It's not much, but here's a small token of my thanks in case it hasn't been posted yet.

https://youtu.be/ZGqTbVhrwD4

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

my cat likes to fall asleep snuggling his own feet

e: Also, he has one black toe bean and four pink toe beans on each of his back feet, and one pink toe bean and four black toe beans on each of his front feet. Or maybe it was the other way around. :3:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

God Over Djinn posted:

e: Also, he has one black toe bean and four pink toe beans on each of his back feet, and one pink toe bean and four black toe beans on each of his front feet. Or maybe it was the other way around. :3:

I'm gonna have to see some photographic evidence of toe-beans.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/760290219849637889

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

God Over Djinn posted:

Ours used to sleep like that when she was still a cat-pupper.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I like the one eye looking at the bunnies seeming like it's saying "hmmmm how am I going to eat these?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"Try something, cat. We dare you... :toughguy:"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's not an animal, that's a Sesame Street muppet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

That's not an animal, that's a Sesame Street muppet.

An empty couch is a muppet? :confused:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

oh god his instagram :3:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

EDIT: vvvvvv I havent saw the video yet, now I cant stop laughing either

Elias_Maluco has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Aug 3, 2016

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45FxGkFMmSQ

My favourite genre of video is news anchors who can't stop laughing at human interest stories

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
We need more pics/videos of cats swimming STAT.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

cash crab posted:

My favourite genre of video is news anchors who can't stop laughing at human interest stories

The way she says "Dislikes the outdoors and other physical activities" is killing me.:3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The old-timey music really makes it

Doot doot doot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83b53OeVhOs

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm not sure if this is cute so much as it is awesome, but: humpback whales are apparently engaging in worldwide vigilante action to save animals being hunted by orcas.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

aquawwtic

http://i.imgur.com/iozBQxr.gifv

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

please wish a happy birthday to SNOOTY on his 68th birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_olamgzA88

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I met a corgi irl for the first time ever this evening and ugh. They're even friggin' cuter up close. :3:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

McDragon posted:

I met a corgi irl for the first time ever this evening and ugh. They're even friggin' cuter up close. :3:

Did you get to pet it? Can I shake your hand?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

cash crab posted:

The Butterscotch thousand yard stare was what was killing me.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/zc2MHFV.gifv

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Did you get to pet it? Can I shake your hand?

I got to boop his nose. :3:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Man if only miniature Manatees existed, cause if they did I'd buy one and give it lots of love(and heads of lettuce):3::3::3:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

drrockso20 posted:

Man if only miniature Manatees existed, cause if they did I'd buy one and give it lots of love(and heads of lettuce):3::3::3:

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

drrockso20 posted:

I have some kinda good news for you!

The Amazonian manatee is small(er) and very cuddly! Here is a photographer attempting to get some shots of baby ones! The sad news is that, like all manatees, they're pretty endangered :smith:

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Oh the cute manatee!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
cat big

https://twitter.com/Koksalakn/status/748469811043250176

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

That double paw slap! :3:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Butterscotch thousand yard stare was what was killing me.

You rang?

Vet visit where Butters jumped from my lap up on to what he thought was a flat surface but ended up being a sink. The noise that came out of him upon that discovery was priceless.

Also x post from his thread, a buttery update from the vet's office when that picture was taken.

Chili posted:

He sometimes is able to get his butter up on to that second podium. When this happens, it is pure magic. He covers the entire surface and it looks like he's hovering. He'll only do that once a month or so, if we're lucky and we never see him get up there, so we have no idea how he does it. I will do my best to capture it next time.

I'm not sure if he'll ever be able to get much higher than that though.

We took him in for a check up and they were over the moon with his progress. He's down to an even 22 and the optimistic, yet realistic, goal is that by the end of this year he could be all the way down to 18 pounds. At that point, it's likely that losing anymore will be difficult on its own.

I then asked the question that I didn't want the answer to; is there some kind of surgical procedure to remove excess skin from cats who were spoiled by grandma's and were once 30 pounds?

The answer, unfortunately, is yes. "Unfortunately" because though they didn't know what the exact price would be, it's likely it would be expensive and probably out of our budget. The vet did express some concern that his excess skin and pouch may end up drooping so much that he steps on it, and that would obviously not be pleasant for him, and in turn not pleasant for us as he's more than willing to express himself when he's unhappy. It's a little frustrating knowing that we're doing the best we can for him, and everything is going well, but there may be a big ol buttery problem at the end of this road.

Hopefully, it'll be a nonissue and the skin tightens up enough, but the way his lower pouch already skims the floor.... uch, I'm just not going to think about it.

22 Pounds Even! He's lost 26% of his initial weight!

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/weBziOw.gifv

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Open a gofundme for butters and I'm sure people could help pay for his skin removal.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Get Butterscotch some clothing to hold his belly skin up. .

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

SlippyFists posted:

Open a gofundme for butters and I'm sure people could help pay for his skin removal.

I don't have much but I'd throw in for Butterscotch: Internet Sensation.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

This is what my feet get every night.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

This is what my feet get every night.

Have you ever caught the hand?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SlippyFists posted:

Thisssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009