Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Some assorted cuteness:

Somebody in China's Sichuan Province is painting manhole covers.

I met these puppers in Boston yesterday:

The black and tan shiba is named Wilder and he likes kisses and pets. The goofball golden in the background is Larry. Larry likes belly rubs.

This is Bramble. He likes hugs.

Make way for ducklings! :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is Pickle. She is fat and loves to snuggle:

This is a sumi-e brush painting done by Tsun Ming Chmielinski that my mother bought for me because it looks like Pickle:

Bonus baby Pickle:

toebeans :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Obligatory Toast posted:

Pickle is a loving pro cat name.

Pickle thanks you.

Being this cute is hard work:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is Fred, my brother's idiot Maine coon:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I like how it looks like the bottom cat was sleeping comfortably.

Probably was. Cats are weird.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

You tell Ernie what a good boy he is :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Another one of Pickle that I took yesterday:

I got this cat when she was 9 weeks old and I was dealing with some pretty bad depression, and she has been the sweetest, most affectionate cat from day one. She's three and a half now and I couldn't ask for a better cat.

Also look at those beans :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

Tell me what avatar to buy, we need crazed cat one. CRAZY KITTEN/CATS

has green cat eyes

CRAZED

Buy the one with the eyebrows. Call it :crazed:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The original one with the :catstare: eyebrows is still the best.

Content: 20-year-old Chinese swimmer Fu Yuanhui has captured the hearts of Chinese internet users because she's so energetic and adorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAvyojeegCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn0nPGfH1HI

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Slime posted:

upper dog has an "lol i just farted on lower dog's head" look

It nicely complements the lower dog's "my head has just been farted on" look.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is Pickle.

She is a very good cat.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RandomFerret posted:

Okay, people have compared other animals to cartoon characters in this thread way too often, but this one actually sees something about to fall on top of him and does the panicked running in place thing as it falls.

This is a not-unusual sight when a smallish animal with non-retracting claws tries to start running fast from a dead stop on a slippery surface like linoleum or finished hardwood flooring. They don't have the weight to get enough friction, and their claws aren't sharp enough to dig into the floor, so they just slide instead and the result is a startled animal running in place until a foot pad manages to get enough of a purchase on the floor to actually go somewhere.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mizuti posted:

A very patient dog and a very happy baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB1YEEHe8Nw

Who say peebo a bad dog :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

OldTennisCourt posted:

Meh quality pic of my chubby cat Sandi

Chubby cats :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

chitoryu12 posted:

Because it got taken down, here's the video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7op92W7voE

Oh my goodness :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gonna need a lot of kitties to make it through the next four years.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Geokinesis posted:

:(
Pigeons are great

Pigeons are actually quite lovely and sociable birbs and if you spend any time watching them you might notice that a lot of them have really cool patterns in their feathers. Also in Boston and probably other cities too they will land on you if you have food and eat right out of your hands.

They're also much cleaner than people think. And really soft. :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tony Phillips posted:

When I was five I named my first cat "Fred."

Seemed good at the time.

This is my brother's cat, Fred:

Fred is a purebred Maine Coon who loves belly rubs.

My mom has a betta fish named Steve.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My neighbor has a new kitty:

He's 8 weeks old and he is the chillest little dude. Wakes my neighbor up by licking her nose if she misses her alarm.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is Luis Soriano, a rural Colombian schoolteacher, and his two donkeys, the Biblioburros Alfa and Beto. :3:

As cute as that picture is, it's nowhere near as uplifting as the story behind it.

quote:

Luis Soriano is surely the most famous resident of La Gloria, a small town in a rural area of northern Colombia plagued by poverty, crime and armed insurrection. But Soriano’s fame has little to do with guns, drugs or politics. His reputation rests on the eight hooves of two sturdy donkeys named Alfa and Beto, his own two feet and his willingness to spend weekends tramping through rugged and dangerous backcountry. These are the components of a simple but brilliant idea -- using donkeys to bring a circulating library of donated books to the children in some of Colombia’s poorest and most remote towns and villages.

PBS made a documentary about him:

quote:

In some of the film’s most affecting scenes, Soriano encourages the children who gather at his stopovers to tell stories and draw pictures describing their lives. One by one, horrific tales of paramilitary massacres, mutilations and other violent traumas emerge, and the children depict the sadness and fear that shadow their daily existence. But Soriano does not shy away from these harsh realities. After the stories have been told, and their emotional impact on the children recognized, Soriano tells them, “Now, let’s put it behind us. We have to live in the present and show that Colombians are good people. Colombia must change.”¯ This is the mantra Soriano spreads from village to village in his one-man quest to rescue his country by rescuing some of its poorest children.

Biblioburro: The Donkey Library

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I think we are the only mammals that deliberately ingest capsaicin, which evolved as a mechanism to prevent mammals from eating chili peppers so birds (which lack the receptors to taste the heat of chilies) would spread their seeds.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

They look like their bark is a real loud BOOF

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Bud K ninja sword posted:

it would still look like a scrotum. just a big agile scrotum.

with spots.

Please don't doxx me.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I would have that exact expression if I was pushing a stroller full of puppies, too. :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What a pretty tummy that kitty has :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is Benny:

He's a surrogate cat dad for foster kittens. What a good boy. :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I once rescued a bumblebee that had flown into a window and gotten stunned. I picked her up on a paper plate and brought her outside and she eventually got up and groomed herself before flying off.

Bees groom like cats. :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91iFabsHrQ

(not my video)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Can I share an uplifting story from my grandfather's funeral? Feel free to scroll past if it upsets you.

My grandfather was 92, and a devout Catholic his entire life. He and my grandmother were a big part of the parish community at their church, and the priest, a little old Irish fellow named Father McCarthy, knew them both well and was fond of them. After he greeted us outside the church Tuesday morning, he excused himself, saying, "I have to get myself together, because if I'm not together, Audrey [my grandmother] won't like it."

During the service, he spoke at some length about what my grandfather meant to the church community, and said, "I, personally, can say that I am a better person for having known him, and if I can be half the person he was, I'll have done well."

It was really touching, and really showed me the extent of my grandfather's legacy in the influence he's had on so many people.

:unsmith:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This cat is cooler than I will ever be.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Former DILF posted:

maybe its because the people in my state shoot at birds for fun and the geese know that they're on notice

Basically every experience with Canada geese I've either had personally or heard about has been that they are just complete fuckers. If a goose has babies nearby or is looking for food or just takes a fancy to that patch of grass you're standing on, it will bite the poo poo out of you or just beat you about the face and head with those goddamn wings.

Don't gently caress with geese. If they're well-behaved it's just because they haven't gotten around to hating you yet.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have tears in my eyes.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Do wild guinea pigs all start wheeking for their dinner at the same time like the domesticated pigs do? Be pretty freaky just standing in the middle of the South American jungle then at 8:00 sharp a tremendous roar rises up all around you. God help you if you have romaine, god help you.

I'm not sure "roar" is the best word. It'd be like a thousand enormous squeaky toys.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jeff: too many screm :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SAD POST WARNING

My girlfriend, her family, and I are having to say goodbye to Steve, the best cat there ever was.

This handsome old man is 15 years old, diabetic, and the sweetest, most loving cat I have ever met. In the short time I have known him, he's decided that I am one of his favorite people. He says hi when I walk in the door and talks non-stop after every meal, just to let everyone know how happy he is that he got food. My girlfriend has been giving him insulin shots herself for ten years and has nursed him through a couple episodes of ketoacidosis. Now he has advanced pancreatic cancer and is not long for this world, so we're spoiling the hell out of him.

Steve is a special dude and I would appreciate any pictures or stories of kitties that made a big difference for their people.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Steve passed in my girlfriend's arms today at the stroke of noon and broke countless hearts. He purred until his very last breath.

This was one of the few good pictures I was able to take of him, because most of the time he insisted on headbutting me in the face if I got close enough. He was the best boy and had more friends than most people I know. He's hung out with actual rockstars and melted their hearts, but there were a few people he chose as his favorites and showered with boundless affection. I was lucky enough to be one.

I'm gonna miss his dumb face and his happy little "mow!" every time I walked in the door. Why is my face leaking I'm not crying you're crying

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, actual rockstars?

Actual rockstars. My girlfriend has cool friends.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thread, meet Dave:

He's named after Dave Brockie.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dave is asleep next to me. He is so fuzzy you guys!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Have some more Dave, because he is precious:

My Chewbacca slipper is now Dave's bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

He has a collar and is sleeping on my stomach.