Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

ACTION AMERICAN posted:

Hooray! My favorite thread gets a reboot. And this time, I have something to contribute! :yayclod:

A bit ago my fiancée and I came home to find some baby squirrels outside or front door. It was fairly cold that day, and they were huddled together for warmth, so we decided to take them out back to our only tree, in hopes of reuniting them with their mother. I warmed them up in my palm, made a little warm nest for them under the tree with my shirt, and we went inside.

About 30 minutes later, we decided to check up on them, and possibly retrieve my shirt. Turns out they were still there, but now that they had warned up a little were wiggling around all over the place. The fiancée looked up the location of the nearest wildlife shelter, and we took them to it just as the sun went down. I like to imagine they remember us fondly :3:

Here's a picture of one of them clinging to me like a tree:

Excellent I've found my sidekick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I was given an old phone to use as a camera. This means I must assault you with pictures of Fiona. One day I will find a setting that renders her in her proper fuzzy glory. One day.

e - She stands like this all the time when she's happy. One paw up and kneading.

Fiona loves bags, paper and batting at pencils. My art bag was irresistible.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

cash crab posted:

I love how I can tell how hard it must be to take a picture of her. I have had only one cat that will properly pose for photographs.

Haha nailed it. If I'm filming, I must be paying attention to her so PET ME. I want to get more video but my lighting sucks so hard that smartphone video gives me a black ball on a dark background. Maybe I can trick her into a lightbox and being cute there.

I lost my mom last week and this thread has been doing an A++ job of keeping my spirits up. I don't feel up to any long stories right now but she was a complete animal lover to her core and it really influenced me. My childhood cats were all rescues & adpotions, and both of my adult cats were abandoned in the neighborhood and rescued by my ex and I. She's got Finn and I've got Fiona, and they are both the most loving cats ever. Rescues of any kind are always the best cats :3:

I also approve heartily of this new, squirrel-based tack this thread is taking.

Cat? Squirrel? Catsquirrel? You decide!

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Chili posted:

One last buttercross post, only because the goons from the previous thread were demanding butterscotch on a treadmill...

Fair warning, this isn't Butterscotch on a treadmill. We actually have acquired one for own purposes but he won't go anywhere near it. For now, this will have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9Xo6teY7Q

that was me and god bless you for this. Butterman can really move!

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

neongrey posted:

This is old, but a classic.

https://vine.co/v/eH7UKqbdthQ

I've never seen this before. I'm on my 20th loop and currently crying from laughter.

Oh.. Keep 'em

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I got tricked by something like that at some sort of festival thing as a kid. I want to say it was a talking christmas tree? My parents spent twenty minutes laughing harder than I'd ever seen them while I FURIOUSLY searched for where the guy was hiding in the kid-sized mascot.

I realized on the way home that some dude was hiding nearby and responding to what I was saying/doing, and was just so angry at them for not letting me in on the trick. It makes me feel so much better that they got adults talking to a dog even if they knew something tricky was afoot. :3:

I also got an email from work about a pet photo contest, where the 'most creative pet photo' for our newsletter will win a $50 gift card. A funny pet photo? I just got a new phone with an unbroken camera, I've got this in the bag.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Two of my favorite things - Hank Green and cats. Let's watch Hank Green teach us the origins of our fluffy purring murder friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Jb7Y6eUUU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Oh Bub! :kimchi:

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

a kitten posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_KKiQiolk
Please listen to the good song about the good cat with a good name.

Thank you for the good song about the good cat with a good name from a nice man. I got them holiday blues and this legit made my night.

I've been naming my female cats old lady names my whole life. I've only discovered via this thread that it's quite common??

Fancy names or titles for dogs (Khal Doggo still makes me giggle) and old lady names for female cats. Whatever you name a hamster, do it assiduously.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

MisterFuzzles posted:

Too many puns told in this room. My cat sometimes shows his opinion of them while sleeping

Sup chairsnuggle buddy. I see your cat has also figured out if they chill out on the side of your chair, they will get pets for the entire length of a movie/show/whatever you're doing. :3:

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Best plot twist I've seen in years.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I miss the old GBS "Wake up your pet" threads. I don't I ever laughed harder than I did working my way though pages of faces like this. In honour of those old threads, and black cats.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Kea posted:

Because cats lounging weirdly is always cute.

Fiona doesn't lounge weird. She lounges fancy.

I met a dog today at work, a tiny Pomeranian. This lil pupper is the canine doppelganger to Fiona. :catstare: I walked into the office and this girl tore over to me and demanded pets. I had to keep her distracted with my hand to get a picture. Always been more of a cat person but she won me over in about five seconds flat and I wanted to steal her then and there.

e. Also thank you for saving those, Dick Trauma. Those threads were mostly hosted with waffleimages so they're unreadable now. Some of those pictures put me into hysterics at the time.

Caedus has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Mar 9, 2017

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

This is without question the best photo I have ever taken

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I was out for a walk with my sister today and both these cats ran up to us for pets. No shame. Orange guy yelled at us the whole time, rude.

This is Juniper. Excellent catte name I approve.

Caedus has a new favorite as of 04:27 on Apr 2, 2017

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

^^You look better upside down

hey give me my cat back

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

SNOX BOOPS is the best thread title, except for all the other thread titles that were also the best, but not SNOX BOOPS.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

My roommate took a video of Fiona. She is a cute cat, not a smart cat.

https://twitter.com/gemHeck/status/936846703373643776

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's a FB video so I'm not going to post it - but my buddy's girlfriend has been having a rough time at school, and he asked a bunch of his friends to record a short video saying something encouraging for her. My roommate and I did one as well with Fiona's help and send it a couple hours ago. He just finished cutting them all together and posted it.. and I'M loving CRYING. It's one of the nicest, most encouraging thing I have ever seen, and I follow this thread.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

it's to the point where I can't even read the words "Pallas Cat" without hearing that in my head.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I go to a boardgame meetup in an effort to get my goony rear end out of the house. I'm very glad I went tonight because I got to meet this dog. Look at it. I took about ten thousand pictures because this is the cutest most well behaved dog I've ever met. I'm kinda losing my mind over this dog.

Caedus has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Mar 3, 2018

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The link you want is the BBC one that ends in a file type. Like so;

code:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/1q7Fs67.jpg[/timg]

oh my god it took me like 5 edits to get it right. Ten years on these forums, you'd think I could post an image by now

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

....the noises I make reading this thread...

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Feonir posted:

Go oooon.

Some samples include:
"ooooooooh"
"OoOoOoOh" (high-pitched)
"WHAT A PUPPER"
"WHAT A KITTY"
"eeeeeeeeeeee"
"Sniff" (clutches chest)

I basically sound like a classroom full of kindergartners on "Bring Your Pet To School" Day.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

it's my tiny TrashCat

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Dave is asleep next to me. He is so fuzzy you guys!

That's a real good Dave you got there!

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

The puppy dangles from the bench, wimpering, beating it's legs, unable to find purchase, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

Hello cute thread, my 21 year old family cat is being put down today and I'm a quivering wreck, please send me the best black catte photos you've got

Real sorry to hear that, friend.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/HammyDeVito/status/989670571729289216

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

All Cats Are Beautiful?

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I don't have no beagle pictures but I do have my dumb idiot Fiona who doesn't seem to mind me shoving the camera in her face.

Gif version:

Caedus has a new favorite as of 05:50 on May 27, 2018

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I didn't know I needed a set of matchboxes so badly but here we are.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

that cat has people eyes

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

My dumb weird cat loves chopsticks

https://twitter.com/HammyDeVito/status/1053853096323907584

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Fiona was being a very compliant potato last night. and yes I am a horrible nerd

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

There's nothing wrong with enjoying hilariously terrible EU books, but put them in order for gently caress's sake :colbert:

Hahaha, I was wondering if that was going to bug anyone. I recently got a new bookshelf and my roommate was helping me sort my EU bullshit from the rest of my books and tossed them on that one all willy-nilly. No respect for trash, I say!

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I will absolutely have a Shop Cat if I can help it; bonus points for a teeny tiny black kitty.

I recently googled "what kind of cat is my cat" and apparently my rescue kitten is part Turkish Angora because her tail absolutely "brush like" and she has incredible "floof between toes"

Fiona is a rescue cat - someone abdondoned her in the stairwell of my previous apartment and by the time I made it from 1f to 3f by stair I knew she was my kitty forever and always. Now I have a roommate who loves Fiona as much as I do and works from home so Fiona is a spoiled brat 24/7 -if I'm not giving her attention before/after work, my roommate is.

Caedus has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Feb 23, 2019

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Many years on SA has exposure therapy'd me to some types of spiders - jumping spiders, peacock spiders, tarantulas etc. Every other kind of glossy black spider still bugs the hell out of me though and I will absolutely skip pages of other threads when someone makes a 'crazy giant spider' post and everyone races to one-up eachother with more spiderposting.

I appreciate spidercontent being spoilered in this, the holiest of holy, safest of safe spaces here on SA so everyone can enjoy this thread without having their idiot dumb brains screaming their phobias. You're being inclusive and that's cute as hell :swoon:

anyway here's my fat idiot

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/SkookumSam/status/1138657768846417920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Fiona being extremely Fiona

https://twitter.com/HammyDeVito/status/1142535745233489920