Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Yellow budgies are like that for some reason.

Edit-

My Banane (rip, friend)

Plant MONSTER. has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Alpacas exhibit more right angles than any other animal

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Dogs gonna fall in and become a flower Greek myth style :ohdear:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Quail are so drat cute.

I used to work at a butterfly gallery, where live butterflies would flutter around in a warm conservatory. But my boss had a hobby farm and brought in some quail and their chicks. They ate the butterflies. It was horrible but... also really funny.

lol, I love how rails (?) store their chicks. Just buried in fluff to be deposited at mom's convenience.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Kwyndig posted:

That is one patient kitty. Very good with kids.

That kid is also extremely gentle with kitty. Good duo.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Fat starfish

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/2LF8Wd7.mp4

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I... I... wanna see one next to a similarly colored guinea pig

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

Man I needed that. Love that turtle.

This is also not the first footage I've seen of a turtles bothering a cat. I think it's in their nature to slowly antagonize other creatures.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

What I want to see is my mom's reaction if she saw those puppies irl.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I just like how fast it seems to learn it has wheels.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

People seem to think fish are dumb but that's just not true. Like you said, they can learn to differentiate which members of a completely alien taxon dispense treats and react accordingly.

Some individual fish will also bond with divers and remember them for years.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

MockingQuantum posted:

When I was in college, my roommate had an aquarium tank with a starfish that he'd feed by hand every day, and it always knew when it was feeding time, probably through some sort of internal biological clock--it would climb up the front face of the tank, detach two of its legs from the glass, and lean back so he could put the pellet right in the middle of its stomach. But weirdly, it would only ever let him feed it this way. If I tried it would somehow know I wasn't him (I assume because I was brushing up against it in some way he didn't, or something) and wouldn't let me place the pellet, so instead I had to just kind of put the pellet near the starfish and it would eventually find it on its own. Not exactly the same as a fish bonding with a diver, but still kind of fascinating to observe.

Huh, I'd never expect to hear anything like this regarding a sea star. I couldn't even guess what it would use to differentiate between humans. They have "eyes" but can't really resolve clear images. They *are* basically covered in countless sensory organs, though. The tube feet are sensitive to chemical cues. How cool would it be if it could tell people apart based on something like that? A form of recognition alien to ourselves but obvious to a starfish.

Then again, some insects can tell individual humans apart and those are even more distantly related to us than starfish.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lil' Brudder!

*breaks down crying*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Absolute nerve.

But also, I want to reward them