Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why are you not allowed to touch the Quokkas? A pre-emptive "we've hosed up most every other species we've found, let's not do the same to this one"?

Spoilered because this is supposed to be a feelgood thread: Because people are loving awful to animals. I've been to Rottnest and while the vast majority of people are just fine around them, there are always some idiots (also children) who feel a need to get extremely touchy, if not downright confrontational. I saw a tourist on a bicycle who was too loving stupid to pay attention to the path in front of him run over a quokka's tail, and another dead quokka just off the sidewalk near a visitor's center (presumably also got bicycled). There's also those rumors of teenagers on holidays who go to Rottnest, get drunk, and play "quokker" (imagine quokka + soccer...) People can be the worst thing about nature.

Quokkas are so cute and innocent though and they're legit one of the chillest creatures on Earth. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Winston Churchill speaks Breton?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

omg what a good birb you are :kimchi:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Soviet Commubot posted:

The OP of this thread is asking "Does anyone know if you can write to Santa Claus in Breton and get a response?"

The last post says "call me"

Saw Breton after like three words and was like "oh this must be Soviet Commubo--- yep, it is"

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So what kind of Fire Pokemon is this.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

muscles like this! posted:

Yes, the dog is trained to support her head if he sees she's having a seizure.

We don't deserve dogs.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

RareAcumen posted:

Dunno if it's true but those are great pictures.

Been there and yeah, it's true that they have zero fear of people. You get off the boat on Rottnest and you don't have to walk very far off the pier until you see at least one of them loping around. They'll come right up to you around the little tourist area and when you're out on paths through the island reserve. :3:

It's illegal to touch them though, but the quokkas don't give no shits about touching you. It's sad though because there are people who clearly mistreat them while they're on the island (the occasional group of drunk teenagers). There are also a surprising amount of people there who will convince you that humanity is just the absolute worst because they just flat-out won't pay attention to what they're doing and run over one with a bicycle.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Eodoin posted:

I understand that some may find snakes adorable, but as someone who has had a bad experience with snakes. I personally have to scroll past quickly when I see them. As this is the cute/ uplifting/ come here to make yourself feel better thread. Can we just compromise and use spoilers. That way the people who like snakes can see them and those that have a hard time with them don't have to see.

If we do this (not sure we should tbh), also apply it to spiders.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it just me, or do newf droopy eyelids make them look like a smaller dog in a big costume?

Newfies always think they're small dogs, so this is accurate.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Loud clouds.

:kimchi:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

God, Maru is just the best cat there ever was

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Reminds me of the classic. Post more hockey players being adorable with fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y11T_gsOO0c

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Nordick posted:

ADSFFGsdskjfdldjkl :kimchi:

Unrelated:

https://i.imgur.com/XaqF3tr.mp4

omg little quokka kisses

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Uh, what

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Apparently deer in captivity never lose the velvet on their antlers, and I have no idea why.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Newfies are the best dogs and, like all dogs, humans don't deserve them :(

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Jippa posted:

Are they mountain rescue dogs?

They're water rescue dogs. Their instinct to save people from drowning is so strong that it's extremely common (see the gif above) for them to try to "save" their humans even if they're just going for a quick dip in the water. They're great swimmers and incredibly sweet, and have a habit of thinking that they're waaay smaller than they really are (they're a very large dog breed and often think they're lapdogs).

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

when i was a young warthooooooooooooooooooooog

In German the word for a baby boar is "Frischling" and that's just the most adorable thing to me for some reason.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

*Jurassic Park theme music plays*

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

What, I'm not crying, you're crying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1qQOGCyRbY

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

https://twitter.com/frailgesture/status/1171685422935592960

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

*Jurassic Park theme riff*

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Black cats are really the best.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

It's wild that not only does Tom Hanks use a typewriter in TYOOL 2020, but that I also read this in his version of the Fred Rogers voice.

(Or he just wanted to pawn the typewriter off on someone so he sent it to the kid, who knows)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

ILL Machina posted:

Too much selfie in this video, but I wasn't even looking at it
https://i.imgur.com/2sOrPvo.gifv

Yep, assumption confirmed: birbs are the best.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Donkeys are the best. :kimchi:

Donkeys are both better and smarter than horses, fite me

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

While cute, I'm also about 100% positive there's a human arm behind that birb and a hand is holding its back and directing it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Fatigued posted:

Just adopted my first cat a couple days ago, was a little shy at first but she's really sweet.

Black cats are the best cats :kimchi:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Very true, plus the big breeds tend to be dopey teddy bears (especially ones like St Bernard)

My parents had a Newfoundland while I was in college and I can extremely confirm. He was the sweetest, hugest dog who thought he was teenytiny and would always try to get up in your lap and cuddle.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Big ol' fat chonky fuzzy moth content is v. good content. :kimchi:

Boba Pearl posted:

Does anyone else just want to take a bite of this and feel it go cromch?

This very much ain't.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qhgh8vKGzU1sez5dy.mp4

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Whenever I see a video like this of birbs freaking the gently caress out, without question my first thought always goes to exactly this moment.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Hail Mothra, Queen of the Monsters

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Black cats remain the best.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003