Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Walrus posted:

I agree with both of you in a way. Sun/Moon obviously isn't going to go on an iphone but they could sell red/blue for 29.99 on the apple store and make probably more than they did on the initial release of the games. This doesn't dilute the value of their IP, if anything it gets people who aren't tuned into the games industry asking 'hey I wonder if there's a new pokemon I can try'

No one would buy Pokemon Red and blue for $30 on iPhone. No one would buy ANYTHING for $30 on iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

phone gamers should be quarantined and sterilized

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
A lot of people went and bought real Pokemon games after being disappointed by Pokemon Go.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
If the specs and rough visual of that last rumor are true, my hands are already trembling in pain. Almost certainly going to have to buy a grip again.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sounds like nintendo really missed an opportunity there, to sell pokemon games

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

A lot of people went and bought real Pokemon games after being disappointed by Pokemon Go.

It wasn't disappointment that led to that spike.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yes, the same people that never stopped paying attention to the mainline games in the first place.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Phones can be cool if the games are suited to the nature of the device. We played one where everyone is on their own phone with a different spaceship control panel, and you have to shout at each other which levers and buttons they need to press based on instructions only you can see. Simple touch controls, but leveraging many different screens isolated from one another.

If it's a gameboy type RPG or platformer with touch buttons, not interested. If it's an infinite runner/bird throwing/jem stacking game, still not interested. But there's at least some creativity here and there.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they could have made tens, heck maybe even twenties of millions, if people had bought red and blue on iphone instead of buying 3ds. poor foresight

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

oddium posted:

they could have made tens, heck maybe even twenties of millions, if people had bought red and blue on iphone instead of buying 3ds. poor foresight

They don't have to pick one or the other. They can do both. But lets instead focus on the least important part of what I said, the arbitrary dollar amount

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

They don't have to pick one or the other. They can do both. But lets instead focus on the least important part of what I said, the arbitrary dollar amount

Doing both would be asinine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Super No Vacancy posted:

And yet the mods here do nothing!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

microsoft stands to make at least $40 from me if they release viva pinata for ps4 but here we are. bad business, frankly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have been printing the really smart posts in this thread to show to Nintendo and they came out as dollar bills so now I'm going to jail for printing money.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
if someone who didn't already own a 3ds bought r/b on the appstore, i sincerely doubt it would inspire them to play the new games

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

lol

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Nintendo Necks - It's Head & Shoulders Above The Rest

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

I'm going to cut my hands to pieces on those corners.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reiley posted:

i think that's the dad dandruff motto. would recommend against

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Reiley posted:

You must have some strange anatomy if your shoulders are above your neck.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Raserys posted:

The Fall of InFlames235: A Tragedy in Five Acts

lmfao

Super No Vacancy posted:

:yeah:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

InFlames235 posted:

Hahahaha I didn't realize how much I had been complaining here. Woops!

i don't mean to throw shade, just thought the slow descent was funny

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Raserys posted:

i don't mean to throw shade, just thought the slow descent was funny

Haha no problem at all - I literally laughed out loud when I noticed that as well

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Slur posted:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

InFlames235 posted:

Hahahaha I didn't realize how much I had been complaining here. Woops!

We're all frustrated with the NX. Mostly because as far as we know it doesn't even exist. I guess this is how creationists think atheists feel about God.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

evilmiera posted:

We're all frustrated with the NX. Mostly because as far as we know it doesn't even exist. I guess this is how creationists think atheists feel about God.

don't

Slur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zo-vqb8w0c

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

They called it the Nintendo Dicks

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

a.lo posted:

Does this mean it will come out for Harambe?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

a.lo posted:

digital inter connected (k-something) system :effort:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Kashuno posted:

I will press the girls only button but I am a BOY!!!!! :shopkeeper:

Natron posted:

Not for long if you keep pressing that button!

first thing i do is set up an autofire option on the girl buttons

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I can save one button press at the beginning of like every Pokemon game

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:five:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Natron posted:

This leak is confirmed by my sources. Also, the NX moniker isn't actually the name, but the suffix for the device. "Nintendonx" is the name of Nintendo's revolutionary new device, pronounced "nin-ten-donks".

I had an artist(me) collaborate with this VERIFIED source to create a rendering of the new system. This is *exactly* how it will look, minus a few differences in colour schemes, obviously.

Edit: Correct Quote

I really appreciate how you made the Girl Buttons look like Lucky Charms marshmallows.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

August has come and gone and we have yet to hear anything about the NX. We already know that about the N. Mircrosoft; we already know about the Playstation Neo and the Playstation 4 slim --all confirmed for this year -- but we don’t even know about the NX coming out in March of next year. Ever since mentioned 17 months ago by the late Iwata there have just been speculation and fan service on what the NX actually is. Fast forward to the year late 2016 we still do not have definitive news what the system (or systems) is. I am beginning to think Nintendo believes that “Less is More” and that people will get more excited over a product if you never mention it. I however am getting quite annoyed by Nintendo and that method of selling. It would be nice once in a while that Nintendo release some information regarding their own system -- NX. It’s werid that we need to have a Dragon Quest game or some Sonic game to be reminded of the actual system when Nintendo themselves for some odd reason completely ignore it. The only games that are mentioned for NX is a Sonic game, some DQ game, Zelda, and maybe Final Fantasy. Nintendo themselves never confirmed it besides Zelda but in my opinion just further the frustration.

So far this year we have seen countless disappointments from Nintendo. A underwhelming Starfox, a Metroid more hated than Other M, a Paper Mario that will probably poo poo more on the series. Are we expected to dissovle these past mistakes from Nintendo for some “refreshing, epic” news regarding the NX? I can’t cheer for a company if that company doesn’t acknowledge that I am here and that I am alive, and waitng.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
drat, where'd you get that cherry picker

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Natron posted:

This leak is confirmed by my sources. Also, the NX moniker isn't actually the name, but the suffix for the device. "Nintendonx" is the name of Nintendo's revolutionary new device, pronounced "nin-ten-donks".

I had an artist(me) collaborate with this VERIFIED source to create a rendering of the new system. This is *exactly* how it will look, minus a few differences in colour schemes, obviously.

Post Owns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

a.lo posted:

August has come and gone and we have yet to hear anything about the NX. We already know that about the N. Mircrosoft; we already know about the Playstation Neo and the Playstation 4 slim --all confirmed for this year -- but we don’t even know about the NX coming out in March of next year. Ever since mentioned 17 months ago by the late Iwata there have just been speculation and fan service on what the NX actually is. Fast forward to the year late 2016 we still do not have definitive news what the system (or systems) is. I am beginning to think Nintendo believes that “Less is More” and that people will get more excited over a product if you never mention it. I however am getting quite annoyed by Nintendo and that method of selling. It would be nice once in a while that Nintendo release some information regarding their own system -- NX. It’s werid that we need to have a Dragon Quest game or some Sonic game to be reminded of the actual system when Nintendo themselves for some odd reason completely ignore it. The only games that are mentioned for NX is a Sonic game, some DQ game, Zelda, and maybe Final Fantasy. Nintendo themselves never confirmed it besides Zelda but in my opinion just further the frustration.

So far this year we have seen countless disappointments from Nintendo. A underwhelming Starfox, a Metroid more hated than Other M, a Paper Mario that will probably poo poo more on the series. Are we expected to dissovle these past mistakes from Nintendo for some “refreshing, epic” news regarding the NX? I can’t cheer for a company if that company doesn’t acknowledge that I am here and that I am alive, and waitng.

Source your Quotes

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Natron posted:

I think the most disappointing thing of all is that the real Nintendo NX will never be as cool as this.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The NX will include Kinect like voice commands.

"Letsa go!" turns on the system, "Itsa me!" logs you in to the Nintendo network, and "I'm da winner!" brings up your new Nintendo Awards list so you can count your sick gamerscore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

a.lo posted:

Star Fox Zero owns, gently caress off with this

• Locked thread