Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What if the controller wasn't real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Suspicious Cook posted:

There were people who thought it was real? Did they actually look at it?

We live in a world that had people convinced Rayman was coming to Smash Bros last year because of a mock-up that spread so far and wide Ubisoft were about to say something about it.

I don't honestly know what they were going to say about it considering it was all a ruse but that's how far we've advanced in our ability to make convincing looking fakes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Saoshyant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_B65J86D_8

Of course the other "leak" was fake too, but the guy explains the whole process from the 3D printing to the use of sand paper and spray painting, which is pretty cool since it looks great for something done by an hobbyist. Worth a watch.

I just realized the usual parade of fake Pokemon you usually see in the lead up to a new generation release is going to be even more of a headache this time around when their fakemon can now have a reasonably convincing 3D printed toy prototype to go along with faked Coro Coro scans.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I do like that in this particular instance the guy wrote the article as a response to being punk'd instead of owning up to it like most people who got fooled did.

Like when Keighley would ask Pachter why Nintendo never listened to him and make a Wii HD and he would say, "A SMART person would have listened to me and done it."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BillmasterCozb posted:

i feel like there's a line between "game companies not catering to us, the consumer" and "companies forgot why people like their games", but anything related to nintendo is sure to be on the former side.

I'm glad sentiment against open-world gaming hadn't gotten so widespread at this past E3 that Breath of the Wild would have gotten criticized for being more of the same.

I mean there were some people saying that but it was a minority that was getting pretty much drowned out the entire time.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I think Miiverse as we know it may be shutting down soon. Like a few months from now soon. I just have...a feeling you know. Nothing concrete to go on.

Start collecting the best moments from the past four years so you can treasure them later just in case.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Ubisoft is going to release an exclusive version of Rayman 2 for the NX.

It will be a package deal that includes the long awaited Rayman amiibo.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Behold this fellow video game historians, a Wario-related treasure was finally translated into English from the Japanese Wario Land 4 website today.

A treasure:

quote:

"How big is your poop [anyway]?"

Hey! Didn’t I say to quit it with the dirty questions?!

But…since this is such a good question, I’ll answer it!

Last night, I devoured 10 plates of stir-fried liver and chives, 10 crêpes, 10 plates of rice curry…so my poop this morning was huge, with a very nice yellow color!

It was so big, that it almost reached the rim of the the toilet!

Do you understand?! The smell was a mixture of pickled vegetables, spoiled eggs and crucian carp sushi! If you want to smell it, try mixing those things!!

This is canon

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Why are people upset this thing has tiny Famicom controllers for tiny Famicom hands?

Like the NES Mini controller aren't that tiny right? It's for Americans. Big Americans with Big Hands. Also they ain't hard connected to the system like the Famicom ones seem to be.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dehry posted:

Nintendo Japan doesn't charge the extra :10bux: for a second player.

Yeah but the second player is on blowing duty.

They have to blow into the mic.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Nintendo fans crawled through months full of some of the foulest, poo poo-smelling spin-off games to reach the NX of freedom.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Hello again, I bring you more official literal Wario poo poo posts:

quote:

Mr. Wario, you stated that you have your “own relaxing poop time” but when I go poop, my stomach hurts and relaxing is out of the question. What would you recommend to me so I can enjoy pooping?

I see you still haven’t mastered the art of pooping!

Do exactly what I’m about to tell you. First, close your eyes and focus your spirit on your butt!

Then, plant your legs, and squeeze one out while visualizing a shiny, well shaped, perfectly smooth, great smelling crap!!

How about it~? You relaxed, huh?

What? You couldn’t do it? I don’t know how to help you!

Put some effort into learning how to relax on your own!!

quote:

From Chuukara, a 12 year old boy

Which would you prefer, poop-flavored curry, or curry-flavored poop?

You guys really like the dirty jokes!! Though, I’m a big fan of them myself!

Hmmm…this is the ultimate choice!

Why don’t you make poop-flavored curry and curry-flavored poop, and figure it out yourself!!

If you know what poop tastes that, that means you’ve eaten poop, right?

Because if you’d never eaten it, you wouldn’t know what it tastes like!!

Also, how would you make curry flavored poop?

If you ate curry every day would your poop taste like curry?

That question is too big that I can’t answer!

It’s time to start your life’s work!!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Please make sure to purchase your officially licensed Donkey Kong Halloween costume for the end of the month.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Reiley posted:

Folks, I just got out of the meeting and, well, the NX? Let's just say there will be more treats than tricks in your holiday future ;o)

Wait a minute.

sniff sniff

These aren't human treats, these are doggo treats.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

The controllers attached to the side of the screen are just lightgun controllers and every game on the NX is an arcade style shooting gallery game.

Which one will get the modern day reboot? Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley or Wild Gunmen?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

I'm sorry, the NX is doomed, with this new report. Mario ain't got poo poo on this.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/voodoo-vince-remastered-announced-xbox-one-pc

At first everyone is excited when Microsoft announces that they're selling one of their IP to Nintendo thinking it's going to be Banjo or something but then reality sets in when we find out they just traded for Blinx the Time Tabby.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Reiley posted:

If you folks are wondering how the NX can support a "mobile" version of it's fine titles, I've got two words for you: "LOD Models". Enjoy.

As long as the Ice Climbers can come back officially I'm fine with whatever.

Unless you can only load one Ice Climber for the mobile version then I'm kinda hesitant that like goes against the Ice Climber Creed.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

alf_pogs posted:

i am getting the vibe that he really is lemongrab

Nintendo is Lemongrab. They share similar personality traits.

See it all loops back around together.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kashuno posted:

I remember smash dojo oh man that was a god tier hype train especially since 99% of them were like "here is an item. Here is Mario doing a move" and then random days it would be like "HERE IS A BRAND NEW CHARACTER MOTHERFUCKER WOO"

Assist trophy reveals were always a cruel day because for a few seconds some poor souls would see the update and think that character was confirmed before reality set it and they noticed there wasn't any sort of "Challenger Approaching" banner and oh they're just an assist trophy.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A rare bunch of Miyamoto sightings at Universal Studios last week.

Officially he was seen smiling while filming whatever, but inside he was upset when he found out they replaced the Back to the Future ride that he had been wanting to go on for for years and years.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

But there's been a lot of Playstation brand titles for phones.

Like quite a few.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Even beyond that, the fact that he's saying, with his mouth words that Super Mario Run isn't exploitative enough is just...butts. It wasn't enough for them to make first-party titles for mobile now it's a problem they aren't doing mobile pricing the right way. Which is the wrong way, but it's right to do it that way.

Like that's really something with Nintendo these days is that they're not exploitative enough that's yeah that's something they should definitely work on doing more of.

It's like that one investor from a few years back who said they could make more revenue by making a mobile Mario game where you can pay micro-transactions to jump higher.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Michael J Fox demands a new version of Wild Gunman for the NX.

Elijah Wood strongly protests to this.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You're thinking of the Nintendo Big Duo there Snooze Cruise, not the Nintendo Duo.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kurtofan posted:

beyond good and evil 2 on the NX!!!???

(warning gamexplain video )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6msx021jZc

Everyone gonna get real mad when the eleventh hour hits and Ubisoft gets worried BG&E2 won't sell on it's own merits so they force the team to put copious amounts of Rabbids into the game.

It becomes a Rabbids prequel story.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

JustJeff88 posted:

Super Mario NX, because you can play as a Goomba and spend the entire game suffering massive head trauma or 3rd-degree burns.

Did you unlock the mode where you get to play as a Gaijin Goomba?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Boten Anna posted:

this is why the nx is canceled

video games were a mistake

you all have behaved very badly

Tomorrow, when the Sun and Moon Special Demo is release and subsequently data-mined, willing participants can head to their nearest Gamestop where a Nintendo Retail Associate will be on hand to administer punishment spankings.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I don't know how to feel about the fallout of a "potential" Bayo 2-esque Beyond Good and Evil reboot announcement/trailer that drops alongside the NX reveal. While reading salty comments in the future is fun to do, reading them "in the moment" as they actually happen in real time can get bad real fast.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why would there be fallout from it? Haven't people wanted a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil for a long time?

Yeah but they won't wanna buy a new system for it.

To this day there's still people hoping Platinum Games can find some kind of loophole in the contract that lets them publish a "Sigma" version or whatever of Bayo 2 on the PS4/Xbox One or Steam.

poo poo ever since Microsoft started letting their first-party games come to the PC there's been people thinking out loud that Sony should obviously do the same to make it an even playing field without actually thinking about the ramifications of what they're asking for.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Barry Convex posted:

not nearly as much as r/nintendonx, at least

but people need to chill the gently caress out and just wait for the 26th

Eight more days till NX comes, NX comes, NX comes. Eight more days till NX comes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
How did discussions about 3D Mario titles somehow end up worse than debates about 3D Zelda titles? Those seven seconds of new Mario game footage have brought out people on the net who have either heralded it as the true successor to Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy or it's the harbinger of bad times ahead because it looks (from just seven seconds of footage) too similar to 3D World/Galaxy/Sunshine.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
They should have restarted the Smash Bros. 4 Screenshot of the day site but not actually officially announce there's a new version coming out. Just have Sakurai casually posting shots of new features with varying degrees of interest each day.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I am glad the generally accepted personification of the Switch is a doggo instead of like, a sexy anime lady.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

wicka posted:

they're just people who are looking for reasons to complain and the chunky nature of that footage gave them one. the fact that the footage is totally irrelevant to anything is a sore subject, i guess. i am fully aware that people are tired of this topic, but people keep bringing it up again and it is simply the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my entire life.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Whenever a new Zelda title (not a Zelda tech demo) is shown one of the first negative things some people always point out are how much they hate the actual grass textures, how ugly the ground looks and everything is ruined because they don't bullshot the footage and lather it all up.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Mega64 posted:

loving sick of all this half-assed grass in my video games.

You can be sure at least that all Switch games will be required to have "Really Nice Looking Water" under development clauses signed.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope upgrading the Joy Cons with newer models is something that feels cool. Like whenever a fictional character in a show or comic or whatever gets a yearly upgrade in order to sell more merchandise and their new outfits or gear just look cooler.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I am glad Planet Robobot apparently sold (shipped/sold?) over a million kirbles since release and I am looking forward to the inevitable traditional Kirby game on Switch to go unnoticed by most of the industry but still managing to end up awesome.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The world could be dead by then mang.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Nintendo should just focus on handhelds!" and so they listened and it was good.
"Nintendo should announce their Directs beforehand!" and so they listened and now I gotta wait 77 days and 5 loving hours gently caress

The 77 days of Switch-dom.

Can we endure the trials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BreakAtmo posted:

Bring it on.

Wario Ware: "Bop It!" Edition.

gently caress at least I wouldn't have to get up off the couch to play it, unlike Wario Ware: "Skip It!" Edition.

• Locked thread