Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I wish Nintendo would just partner with Steam and somehow just become a PC game developer. I can dream :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That's what I love about Mario, man. I get older, he stays the same age.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Playstation just let PC players play a bunch of previously exclusive titles via Playstation Now. Your move, Nintendo.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Boogaleeboo posted:

Reminder: You need the dongle and a PS4 controller to use it, meaning it's effectively drat near 100 dollars invested for the first month.

This is false. Any controller works fine, and there's a 7 day free trial. It's loving amazing. If you don't find PSNow on PC to be amazing well then you're probably very very hard to impress. You can play things like Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Tokyo Jungle on PC for the first time ever and people still bitch about it. Code Veronica X. Both Resident Evil Revelations games, and of course 4, 5 and 6 and Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles. Sly Cooper collection, most of the Ratchet and Clank series. Shadow of the loving Colossus. Every God of War game.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 31, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

elf help book posted:

Don't stream games.*

*Unless they are games that you would otherwise have absolutely no way to play, at all, ever.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Boogaleeboo posted:

The site dicked with me then, it says it requires "a compatible DualShockŪ4 controller".

It's poor wording. What it means is the equivalent of a DualShock 4 controller. I think theres maybe 1 or 2 games that have motion controls that you wouldn't be able to utilize, but other than that a 360 controller works just fine. You will of course have Playstation button prompts

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
We're talking about the company that would make 10 million dollars if they just released untouched ROMs of their Pokemon collection onto the App Store, but they just don't do it because I guess nobody over there thought of it yet? I'm not really sure. It's guaranteed money. Also whoever thought of friend codes should be shot.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

greatn posted:

Source your quotes

You're right, people haven't been asking for a Pokemon game on a cell phone since the birth of mobile gaming. They just download ROMs and install emulators for no reason. Nobody actually wants to play a Pokemon game on their cell phone, that's just insanity. I mean, nobody bought all those Final Fantasy games that got ported.

It's the most obvious business strategy of all time. Even Disney is starting to realize they can't make money off of new poo poo (or rather, there is an inherent risk involved with new stuff), so let's remaster and re-release some old poo poo. When Nintendo makes new poo poo we get Metroid Prime Federation.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 31, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

greatn posted:

I'm just laughing at your business acumen of completely diluting all value of their ip and hardware in exchange for "tens of millions" from iTunes.

Sorry i meant say a zillion trillion monies

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
A lot of people went and bought real Pokemon games after being disappointed by Pokemon Go.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

oddium posted:

they could have made tens, heck maybe even twenties of millions, if people had bought red and blue on iphone instead of buying 3ds. poor foresight

They don't have to pick one or the other. They can do both. But lets instead focus on the least important part of what I said, the arbitrary dollar amount

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

irlZaphod posted:

You mean, by most accounts, a decent game? :confused:

I found him! I didn't think I'd find a Metroid Prime Federation Force apologist anywhere, and certainly not in this thread.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 1, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

greatn posted:

Dude look up the reviews. They are fairly positive once you get past "NOT MY METROID"

I'm really mad at Batman vs Superman for introducing this argument to the world.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm surprised I need to point this out, but people being upset at Federation Force also has a lot to do with the fact that in an alternate reality we all got Metroid Prime 4. Which is the game everyone actually wanted. The same thing is going on with Metal Gear right now.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

A disgrace to the bandana.

What part of that statement were you disagreeing with?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

oddium posted:

i think people start getting upset when they make bad games instead of good ones

Ding ding ding ding! Why would I have hope for Metroid's future? Since the last two games were Other M and Federation Force? I simply cannot imagine having that level of optimism.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

What parts of Federation Force did you dislike?

To me it felt like an early draft of the original Metroid Prime that got scrapped. Everything's smaller. Everything's uglier. The entire time I couldn't help but imagine what an actually full featured Metroid Prime game would be like.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lemming posted:

It's not like Federation Force was instead of a regular Prime game, dude.

Poor reception and low sales of a Metroid game could prevent future Metroid games from being made. Can we at least agree on that? Upon launch in Japan, it sold a little over 4000 copies the entire first week.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Reiley posted:

People being mad at Federation Force not letting you be Samus is the same as when people were mad at MGS2 not letting you be Snake past the demo stage. People want to be the beloved main characters.

Nobody mentioned Samus. Samus is a blank-slate character who never talks so it doesn't even matter. People are mad at Federation Force because it is objectively worse than the 3 other games called Metroid Prime. This is not a controversial opinion.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

BillmasterCozb posted:

b-but it's not a REAL metroid game, even though it's a first party metroid game titled Metroid Prime! It's been nine years since the last (good) metroid game, didn't you know? We DESERVE a REAL metroid game! I don't care that Federation Force has been in development since the DSiWare days, it's been nine years!

This is supposed to be sarcastic right? The only way someone could possibly hold this opinion is if they never played Metroid Prime 1-3. It's like a bazillion-jillion times better than Federation Force, in every way a game can be better. I don't give it a free pass just because it's on a hand-held, maybe they shouldn't have tried to make a first person shooter on the 3DS. People get upset when sequels don't live up to the predecessors. This has been happening since the dawn of sequels. It's not gamers being big babies, it's possessing the smallest amount of observational skills and then asking, "What gives?"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think it's telling when they can release Snake Eater, one of the greatest games ever made, on the 3DS and people are reluctant to recommend it because it doesn't play well.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Where were all these free passes to lackluster sequels when Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops came out?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

So what is your opinion about something like Bomberman Act Zero?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is it though?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm imagining a Voltron/Megazord-esque device involving every released Nintendo system, with the NX as the piece that holds it all together.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Reminds me of the time I realized you could browse webpages on your PSP. REAL LIFE INTERNET WEBPAGES :aaaaa:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Patter Song posted:

It's really a shame Diddy Kong Racing will never be rereleased on anything.

It's doubly a shame that Diddy Kong Racing DS is an abomination that sucks for reasons not relating whatsoever to removing Microsoft's property. I could see a future in which Diddy Kong Racing DS gets released on the VC, but it's horrible.

EDIT: by the way, I never played the Banjo GBA game, but I hear that's actually pretty solid.

What was the issue with Diddy King Racing DS? I've only played the original, and loved it. The music in particular was amazing. I found myself humming along to every single track. It was better than Mario Kart 64 which is some pretty high praise because Mario Kart 64 was always my favorite Mario Kart.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Literally nothing?

All it takes for bad games to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Only ones that got breath of the wild is you *pinches nose* bitch you stank!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It actually runs off your own bioelectrical energy, and turns itself off when you put it down.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Luigi is a failed clone of Mario, you'd know this if you knew about the Extended Universe

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

BillmasterCozb posted:

the year is 2053. plumbing is dead. My name is Mario Mario, I am one of the last plumbers alive. In 2041, plumbing was made illegal and almost all p-lumbers were massacred in what is now known as "The Great Mushroom Purge". I lived, but I lost my reason for living. Plumbing was gone. I live in the post-cyberpocalyptic ruins of the Mushroom Kingdom with my brother Luigi. I've given him all I can, but sometimes I wonder if it's enough...

Not erotic enough. I'm only at about a quarter chub here

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Why do I always get the feeling that Nintendo is somehow working inside of a vacuum? They don't seem to notice anything about the market or market trends. This was fine when it was back in the day when they were creating market trends, but now it's just getting sad. These are the guys that basically invented the modern analog stick, before that it was D-Pads all the way down. Fuckin' shoulder buttons, eat poo poo Sega Genesis. A start button AND a select button?! What madness is this?

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 7, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
He's not making GBS threads but is he taking the piss?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If every company made games as good as Blizzard, the world would be a better place.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Where da fuk did the screen go

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Are you suggesting that big square screen is in that smaller circle somehow?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There's only two iOS games that I enjoyed: Punch Quest and Slayin'. The rest are all unmitigated garbage, or a port of a game from a better platform.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Now take away the stick.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Oh boy, something that emulates NES games. Can't wait to play with that for 10 minutes and resume not caring about NES games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Announce that new NES games are in active development, then I would give a poo poo.

• Locked thread