Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wonder if Nintendo really learned anything from the WiiU performances this generation of console gaming. It got a full year head start a head of the PS4 and Xbox One but still hasn’t beaten both in their sales numbers. Nintendo really tried to predict were consoles where going (tablet controllers) but it worked against their favor due to the Wii U last gen processing power. Plus third party developers didn’t really use the Wii U’s game pad features in any interesting ways and neither did Nintendo. Designing a game around the Wii U’s game pad features was probably tough especially if everyone else was so focused on the PS4 and Xbox One. No point in downgrading graphical and game play fidelity in order to suit the WiiU.

Now that the NX might show up at this year’s E3 and see a holiday release date, I’m slightly worried if its going to succeed. There have been a few crazy rumors like Nintendo using cartridges again, the weird touch screen controller and the fact that its as powerful as the Xbox One. The processing power worries me the most since both Sony and Microsoft are rumored to release up-gradable versions of their current consoles to accommodate VR. I know that PlayStation VR helmet is going to have its own processor box since the PS4 isn’t as powerful enough to run its hardware and software efficiently. Not sure about the Xbox One VR stuff but Microsoft if trying to merge its PC and Xbox brands again so they’ll be on par with each other makes somewhat sense. If NX fails to get third party developers back on board because of goofy and under powered hardware, then what’s I don’t know what could happen next for Nintendo. Then again VR might not catch on the way Sony and Microsoft were counting on. Either way, Nintendo should be more forward thinking if VR is a bust and try not to alienate other developers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dexo posted:

wouldn't be shocked if this engine is being used for Mario/Metroid

sneaky sneaky

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is the Nx going to support Miiverse??

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

what are the chances nintendo finally jumps on board the subscription model to use the internet on their console? sony and microsoft have been getting away with it for years

Probably not going to happen. I would think that is why are dipping some of their resources into mobile.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

All I know as of right now Ganon is dead.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

i dislike the gamepad because nintendo forced motion controls in some games to justify the bad gimmick

if you dislike the gamepad than your mileage may vary on the newest mario party 10 game!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nintendo NX is officially now called The Nintendo Playstation

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

when your sandwich artist asks if you would like any mayo what there really asking is any news on the NX

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if they can make an NES that size just think what they can do with the Gameboy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

What games can you play

What if I were to tell you what certan amiibos would work

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that certainly looks like a wii u gamepad link is holding

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Raserys posted:

the mockups are way too faithful to the eurogamer design

No. Not really. They mostly look like a 3ds cut in half.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if you dock the nx with the mini nes it's power grows but no one knows by how much

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's almost halloween and still nothing on the NX

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

call it whatever you want. just no region locke. NONE!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

death to phone games

Nope.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

I carry two, plus a battery for my phone, a coin purse, loose change, a nail clipper, a Swiss army knife, folding scissors, and some dice. And that's just in one pocket (the other is a wallet, Vita, deck of cards, and microfiber cloth). Maybe you just need to find the right pants.

Okay, sometimes it looks like I'm wearing jodhpurs but that's the price you pay for having all of your poo poo at hand all the time.

now that's how to start a day off right

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope there are multi color NXs to chose from

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

greatn posted:

Some junkie broke into my house to steal my ps4, but didn't know I was home. He pulled out a derringer and fired one shot, striking me in the chest. Thank God I conceal carry my Nintendo NX in my coat pocket at all times. The slug was harmlessly deflected, and the frightened robber ran away. My body and my Nintendo NX were unharmed.

Call the authorities. Do not let that person strike again!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Calaveron posted:

It is polite to take your hat off in the dinner table

Pretty rude to ask if there is free bread though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you just asked for the dinner rolls.
i am keeping my hat on okay?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hey guys derrick here from gamexplain and just an update on the nintendo NX. it seems square enix is bringing dargon quest X to the NX. it was recently confirmed and also just keeps piling on the questions on just what the NX really is. nice to see another confirmed game in development with the mysterious NX. okay bye.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

local multiplayer and the nx...a topic no one wants to bring up

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Nintendo GameXplain

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Germstore posted:

With the Wii U GamePad you have two screens. Think about it.

Only two? Was that all?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i remember hearing poo poo about how the nintendo nx might have something where you like stack multiple nxs on eachother to connect them and get better performance

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

the wii being a cheap 360p hunk of plastic with waggle sticks and selling out everywhere and everyone souring on it 9 months later and putting it at the bottom of their closet, and nintendo continuing to make half-baked toys with their franchises e.g. star fox: zero buys, metroid: touchscreen poo poo shooter, animal crossing: amiibo pyramid scheme festival, mario: the same poo poo you seen on the SNES and 64 but shorter and less distinctive, have really crapped on the perception of their products. my advice is they need to make something good and prima facie impressive that doesnt seem like a waggle stick stuffed into a 3d-printed plastic tablet hobby kit, instead of making bad things

They should release a proper Animal Crossig

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'd be fine with a mobile Animal Crossing. It would depend how they go about it though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they released one for the 3ds IDK if it's out yet though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Those who don't think the NX will be good can leave the thread thanks in advance

True believers only

what is it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Germstore posted:

A system for playing only Star Citizen.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Blastball's demo is fun and they said they're looking into ideas for both 2D and Prime style games for the series a year or 2 ago.

here is hoping for 3 more paper mario games during that time

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Is Kingdom Hearts even still going? There were spinoffs like every year and I feel like we've gone a couple now without it which owns

they released one for the web browser just this april stateside

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NintenGo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Still don't get why I should care about the NX when the Wii U was a commercial failure. It seems like Nintendo should be going in a completely different direction now and get out of home consoles.

They should make mobile games.

Wait a just a minute!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Okay, so they are going to do both at once and be good at neither as a result.

Hmmmmm I guess we'll have to wait and see when the games come out.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Do you want Nintendo to keep makibg games or not

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

If Nintendo had made Pokemon Go they'd have shot themselves in the dick somehow like only releasing it on Windows Phone or forcing you to buy a Bluetooth GPS receiver that doesnt work as well as the one in your phone to play it.

yeah but that Pokemon/Miiverse integration though......

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

also glow in the dark Boo.

the crown jewel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

You know whats gonna suck? Not having a controller with a tv button that I can turn my tv on and switch inputs with then just play. That was stupid handy.

get outta here TVii!!!!!

• Locked thread