Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

a.lo posted:

August has come and gone and we have yet to hear anything about the NX. We already know that about the N. Mircrosoft; we already know about the Playstation Neo and the Playstation 4 slim --all confirmed for this year -- but we don’t even know about the NX coming out in March of next year. Ever since mentioned 17 months ago by the late Iwata there have just been speculation and fan service on what the NX actually is. Fast forward to the year late 2016 we still do not have definitive news what the system (or systems) is. I am beginning to think Nintendo believes that “Less is More” and that people will get more excited over a product if you never mention it. I however am getting quite annoyed by Nintendo and that method of selling. It would be nice once in a while that Nintendo release some information regarding their own system -- NX. It’s werid that we need to have a Dragon Quest game or some Sonic game to be reminded of the actual system when Nintendo themselves for some odd reason completely ignore it. The only games that are mentioned for NX is a Sonic game, some DQ game, Zelda, and maybe Final Fantasy. Nintendo themselves never confirmed it besides Zelda but in my opinion just further the frustration.

So far this year we have seen countless disappointments from Nintendo. A underwhelming Starfox, a Metroid more hated than Other M, a Paper Mario that will probably poo poo more on the series. Are we expected to dissovle these past mistakes from Nintendo for some “refreshing, epic” news regarding the NX? I can’t cheer for a company if that company doesn’t acknowledge that I am here and that I am alive, and waitng.

Star Fox Zero owns, gently caress off with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Imagine enjoying video games lmao

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

I wonder what it is about nintendo games that draws out the worst people, like with Paper Mario or Metroid. People get way too passionate over these games.

I admit to being guilty of this over Paper Mario, but everything else similarly baffles me. Metroid's not doomed forever just because of an okay spin-off with a silly final boss

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I care very much about Star Fox and Kirby but I don't care all that much about Metroid as a whole even though Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are both very good games

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

greatn posted:

It's just going to be a direct. They'll invite press and influencers(popular YouTubers) to play it over the coming weeks after, but the initial reveal will be just a direct where they have total, complete control over messaging. There's not going to be a show, there will be tech and gaming journalists given invitations as well as people like matpat and jirard the competitionist brought in for tailored experiences very soon afterward.

I hope they don't invite MatPat to any more things. MatPat is awful

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The lack of Kid Icarus: Uprising on the list of perfect Nintendo games shocks and astounds me

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo seems to have enjoyed the publicity of shutting down the metroid 2 remake and sent out takedown letters to 562 different fan projects today.

That's only because the site hosting these fan games, Game Jolt, is running an ad revenue sharing thing that essentially monetized all the games on there, including the Nintendo fan games, so they're well within their rights to take down games making money off their property without permission

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Finally, Mario is in his rightful place

(I hope it's just a timed exclusive and it comes to Android too)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

If there was anything I'd actually want Nintendo to shut down, it's this

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Gimmick! is one of the best, most underrated NES games out there

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Arlo's a loving idiot who whines about everything, even the new Pikmin 3DS game that actually looks good and not terrible like everyone on the internet is making it out to be

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So what ended up being your favorite Wii U game, thread?

Have my Top 10 Best Wii U Games list:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. The Wonderful 101
3. Smash for Wii U
4. Star Fox Zero
5. Bayonetta 2
6. Yoshi's Woolly World
7. Mario Kart 8
8. Super Mario Maker
9. Splatoon
10. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Honorable mentions to Nintendo Land, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (which I still need to beat), and Pikmin 3

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Mario Kart 8 is like way better than Mario Kart 7 though

7 is like the prime example of a barebones Mario Kart game

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Ronnie posted:

I uuhh I impulse bought tokyo Mirage Session... have I done the right thing?

Yes you did, enjoy one of the best RPGs on the system

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Bayonetta amiibo is coming, video games are saved

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Did anyone manage to download the entire Color Splash game before the pre-loading SNAFU got fixed? If so, how is it?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm in no rush to get Color Splash, but I might ask for it as a Christmas present or something. There's plenty of other games I need to finish first (#FE, Persona Q, Final Fantasy VIII) as well as getting anything else I want this year (Yo-Kai Watch 2, Pokemon Sun/Moon)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

I've got one question (even though I'm definitely gonna buy this Paper Mario too, weak-willed and spineless as I am). Do they still do the "puzzle" boss fights?

In the 3DS Paper Mario, many bosses were absurdly hard and a terrifyingly boring slog to fight - unless you used one of several Thing stickers, which immediately turned the fight into a joke. So basically: terrible boss fights when not using the Thing stickers, easy non-fights if you did. On top of that, even if you did have the correct Thing, the moments where the game allows them to actually work on the enemy were somewhat arbritrary, leading to several moments where you just waste an otherwise correct item because NOPE gently caress YOU. Also, before fighting the boss, there was usually no indication whatsoever of which Things were required, which was kinda frustrating as well (although you could run from bosses, if I remember correctly).

That's the biggest issue I had with Sticker Star. I could rest easy if I knew they addressed THAT particular brainfart on the designer's part...

I noticed a few areas where Things were used to give an easier advantage in a boss battle, so I don't think that's going away anytime soon. I'm also hoping it isn't as necessary as the last game, but what footage there is of the game tells me otherwise

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The dialogue itself doesn't bother me as much since it's been snarky ever since TTYD, though I hope they can carry the humor in place of a deluge of "we're in a paper world" jokes

I'm one of the few who's been turned around on Color Splash's existence, honestly, and based on the footage and spoilers I've seen, I get the feeling it might turn out alright

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I'm branding myself Nintendo cutie.

:yeah:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

The NX has already been announced. It's called Hope

Danganronpa port confirmed???

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

He's got the swinging his arms from side to side part, but he's not taking one step and then again. He's still got a lot to learn

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Kawabata posted:

took a break from super mario maker to get all the stars from galaxy 2 (that and nsmb wii are the only marios I didn't complete I think) and holy poo poo getting the prankster comet star from that level where yoshi eats pepper and runs like a retard is hell

I think this might be worst controls in a videogame without any exaggeration, I'd rather have my eyeballs eaten by mice than play that bullshit

I'm sure the NX detachable 2 parts pad would've helped in that instance, starting with the fact that I wouldn't have to shake it all the time like a goddamn mongoloid

It's not the game's fault that you're bad at video games

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Not liking Nintendo should be a bannable offense honestly

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Apparently Arlo the blue muppet did a review of Color Splash. Someone tell me how much he whines about it so I don't have to give him views

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

oddium posted:

[runs mba over nintendo's stock report like ouija board]

d... e... l...

f... i... n... o?

It can't be...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I sense some severe Sega bias here... Was this article written by Sega's President???

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

No joke, I had a dream a while ago where Bonk from Bonk's Adventure was a playable character in Smash Bros.

I haven't even played a single Bonk game, but that'd be neat I think

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

why is it that everyone named michael is a terrible person

I was about to say Michael Jordan until I remembered what a blistering rear end in a top hat he is, so you're right

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

let us not forget the B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S. incident of 2041

I still remember when he shot Hoopz with a dart filled with Type 2 Diabetes

What an rear end in a top hat, that Michael Jordan

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Vaporeon already exists though

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

oddium posted:

popplio looks great once i put the lid on the trashcan and don't have to see him anymore

Popplio is a good kid who turns into a beautiful creature, don't hate on him

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Both are good and I look forward to purchasing them both in 2017

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm just laughing over all these people coming out saying it's gonna be revealed tomorrow, this week, or next week. Not in like a "these guys are such assholes and they're getting my hopes up for nothing" kind of way, but more like "I don't know what to believe and that's funny to me for some reason"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

oh gently caress ME

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The worst part about this is I have work tomorrow so I won't be able to livepost about it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Today is truly a blessed day, friends. I look forward to Switching it up with fellow Switch owners soon

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

normal people dont even know that nintendo is making a new console

A coworker was telling me yesterday about how he thought the Switch looked amazing and he was one of the few people I didn't show it off to already

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Mega64 posted:

It's not all bull, I ignore my dog daily in favor of video games.

(I don't actually have a dog.)

Please don't ignore your dog, it just wants to be loved

e: realized the joke too late but my point still stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I am doing this on my awesomely full WiiU!
Also my PS vita which might be surpassed by the Switch as the best handheld I own.

You don't like the 3DS? It has tons more great games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kirby: Planet Robobot!

• Locked thread