Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like the shape of the thing but not the size of it, its like this weird in between of what you think the size of the thing should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think the nx is going to be weird but yeah that just seem very un nintendo like

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Stux posted:

your monitor is turned off

oh, is that why i didn't realize you got out of your crib and was posting in games again

STUX IS A BABY AND I AM THEIR PARENT, I WAS REFERRING TO A BABY MONITOR

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Stux posted:

what r you doing

Praying for SIDS

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I didn't wander in, I came here to discuss my hopes and dreams for the future of Nintendo like all the other fine posters here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bass Bottles posted:

What is stopping you, friend? What are your dreams? What are your hopes?

I want nintendo to lead us into a new golden age of gaming and the console to be pretty cool. I dream of an age where games are fun, and it can be serious fun and nonserious fun alike. Also that it will appeal to my friends so when I get one I won't be lonely. This is what I hope for, dream for.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Whimsical is good and cool

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have seen it, what is NX for video games.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Patter Song posted:

When Ace Attorney 7 comes around I'll finally be able to have Phoenix shout "OBJECTION" in Full HD.

This is honestly what I am most excited for if this turns out to be true.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hopeandjoy posted:

I've talked to a few people today about the rumor and they seemed to think it was a dumb choice.

the more likely a person is to describe themselves as a "gamer" with no irony the more they think this decision is dumb

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dunban posted:

The NX itself is just a giant amiibo

griffin is in for one bad day in the future :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatn posted:

I unsubscribed after he lied to our faces about the twilight wolf Link Amiibo. I hope when he turned himself in they threw the book at him.

my friend he pay for his crimes in the vr zone and has found religion in the great wheel

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
uhh nintendo doesn't make ugly buttons wtf

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The screen is on the front and back.. That is the new gimmick used in some games. Controller on the bottom, same on both sides, pulls apart in two.

I call it "worst idea"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just hope i can play all the 3ds games i miss on my nintendo nx

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i want to die so i can turn into ghost and fly there and stay there forever!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DoctorWhat posted:

The AR display is the least compelling part of Pokemon Go. The success is the location-based gameplay.

A big part of the initial reasons why it blew up was "seeing pokemon in real life" and the funny images people took with the AR. Its a big part of the game you silly goose even if its not reponsible for the entirety of is success.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
AR, VR, whats next, RR? That stands for reality reality.. which we should be living in, but we aint, even without the VR and the AR because we are in phone reality, or computer reality.

drat these times!
I don't want Conker jumping on my couch!

e: this was an especially bad post and I can not apologize enough for it

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 4, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That is true, ingress is called an AR game in all its marketing and it doesn't have any camera features like that from what I know.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Super No Vacancy posted:

death to phone games

My friend, have you heard of the Layton Brothers?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do you think Nintendo will ever make pants?

kirby pockets

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Real hurthling! posted:

there's a thread, i think it lives in the gun forum, where people just post the large amount of poo poo they put in their pockets every day

its not surprising the guys with guns are the ones interested in knowing what is in everyone's pockets

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait wait a minute isn't the point of a coin purse so you don't have lose change?

What type of person goes through with buying a coin purse and carrying it around with them but is too lazy to actually use to its fullest extent.

Like you bought into the coin purse lifestyle, but man you like to keep a few pennies a jingling just so you can let yourself know you can still hang with us normies?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON CARRIES AROUND A COIN PURSE BUT KEEPS LOSE DICE IN THEIR POCKETS

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MechaCrash posted:

So on the one hand, I'm impressed that "here's what's in my pockets" started off a tangent that went on this long. On the other hand, poo poo, it's not like we have anything concrete to talk about for the NX. I think they're going to actually talk about it at Tokyo Game Show, right? That's September 15th.

You have a coin purse, but keep lose coins in your pocket. You are the type of person, to own a coin purse and use it, but not a dice bag for the dice in your pocket.

DECIDE WHO YOU ARE IN LIFE YOU CAN'T EXIST BETWEEN THESE TWO WORLDS MAN.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MechaCrash posted:

At this point I just think it's funny that everybody pounced on the coin purse so hard that nobody noticed "two 3DSes." Maybe because it was just assumed that it's an American one and a Japanese one? Which is the case, of course, but still, I thought someone would've asked about that part, at least. Iwata said, and I summarize, "region locking was a mistake because it doesn't actually help the customer," so I'm hoping the NX isn't region locked.

But if you must know, the coin purse is to hold pennies because I want to keep them away from the other coins. If I need some pennies, I don't want to have to rifle through quarters, and vice versa. And I only have four or five other coins, usually, and I can and do spend those. Pennies are a bit harder to get rid of, and there's more of them because I use them as counters in card games. It's not one of those old lady style coin purses with the clasp, it's one of those squeezy deals and it doesn't carry all that much. I have it because one of my uncles gave it to me so I figured eh, gently caress it, why not. I only have three dice, which isn't enough for a bag, and I carry them mostly because gently caress it why not, with a dose of habit on top. They're pretty small d6es, after all, and don't take up much room.

WHY DO YOU WANT US TO KNOW YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE UNCLE

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
e: whoops wrong thread

so NX... huh... that stuff is wild, can't wait for it

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 7, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Please MechaCrash, take a picture of all the stuff you carry in your pockets laid out. Please please please.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
One weird trick pickpockets hate, shove your pockets with poo poo!

Make sure your NX is never stolen by carrying 20 decoy NXs!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I for one enjoy my Official Nintendo Wii U Gamepad Tablet Macro Touch Screen Enable Controller

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This thread is about pockets what the gently caress are you people doing?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My pockets are too small to fit a tube of Mentos in them, any solutions Pocket thread?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
∀ Nintendo
Zeta Nintendo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why is it funny that the two better games out sold the lesser games? It seems really obvious and good for me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatn posted:

Because it has an install base 1/5 the size and far less marketing.

wtf, what does this have anything to do with the power and magic of games. dude, get our life check out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kashuno please don't be a poster who talks about mafia outside the mafia threads, its suppose to be a shameful secret

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Nintendo has literally uses dark magic to win the console war, epic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatn posted:

IR on the device itself scans and sees if the button is in the way or not. It's similar to how the extra add on stick for the og 3ds worked, by clipping onto point blank range. That device has internal electronics and runs off a single AAA battery to send data over the IR port for like a really long time, but these would use IR to detect button presses or stick movements without broadcasting fro the controller. I can't really explain it well but basically you could make any kind of shell controller you wanted with any configuration and the game or device software would handle it.

I was joking before but no this really is dark magic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

eightpole posted:

People keep saying GameCube had a gimmick and for the life of me I can't figure out what it was other than being purple and having a comfortable controller

idiots consider the cube shape a gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This just in, its called the Nintendo Power Hug. I know some of you are going to be skeptical, but after trying the hug base controls myself I have to say it works perfectly and that the Kirby shape console is a good huger.

• Locked thread