Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
even for mens jeans tho a 3dsxl in the front pocket is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I carry two, plus a battery for my phone, a coin purse, loose change, a nail clipper, a Swiss army knife, folding scissors, and some dice. And that's just in one pocket (the other is a wallet, Vita, deck of cards, and microfiber cloth). Maybe you just need to find the right pants.

Okay, sometimes it looks like I'm wearing jodhpurs but that's the price you pay for having all of your poo poo at hand all the time.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

I carry two, plus a battery for my phone, a coin purse, loose change, a nail clipper, a Swiss army knife, folding scissors, and some dice. And that's just in one pocket (the other is a wallet, Vita, deck of cards, and microfiber cloth). Maybe you just need to find the right pants.

Okay, sometimes it looks like I'm wearing jodhpurs but that's the price you pay for having all of your poo poo at hand all the time.

do u stand in solidarity w/ the brave middle aged white male warriors of the wall street journal speaking out against the tyranny of anti-cargo shorts propaganda today

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I don't carry video game consoles on my person because I am a 30 year old man :smugdog:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Soul Glo posted:

I don't carry video game consoles on my person because I am a 30 year old man :smugdog:

It's more about the principle.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Boten Anna posted:

Oh hey I have! Except the disc version wasn't slow for me because I downloaded the "free DLC" that exists just to put most of the game on your external drive, as I initially played the game from a rental copy and downloaded it while waiting for it to arrive, then bought it on the eShop outright later. If you download the "DLC" there really isn't a noticeable difference between eShop and disc, and I didn't feel burdened by load times either way.

As such, get it in whichever format you prefer, and be prepared for a 10+GB download either way.

Thanks for the input! But I meant the Wii Xenoblade Chronicles; I got the disc as a gift but I wouldn't mind shelling out $20 for the virtual console version if it ran better.

I agree the disc XCX runs pretty well with the DLC though!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Sunrise posted:

women's jeans have tiny pockets and aren't usually deep enough to hold an iphone without turning it on its side :ssh:

women's pockets are ornamental save for the back pockets i guess where that poor girl put her iphone and then sat down and lit her pants on fire when she cracked the Li battery.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/iphone-lights-girl-s-pants-on-fire-1.2522770

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Boten Anna posted:

do u stand in solidarity w/ the brave middle aged white male warriors of the wall street journal speaking out against the tyranny of anti-cargo shorts propaganda today

MechaCrash posted:

Next question is which side is your wallet on? :crossarms:

Soul Glo posted:

Lamo if you're not ready to game at a moments notice

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Nintendo pants chat is in full swing again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't understand. Turning your phone sideways would make it wider and more unable to fit in a pocket.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

greatn posted:

I don't understand. Turning your phone sideways would make it wider and more unable to fit in a pocket.

Women's pants pockets tend to be wider than they are deep.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Soul Glo posted:

I live this way as well.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
stop talking about clothes. none of us knows how to dress ourselves. i carry all my games and consoles around in a giant wicker basket on my back like a hosed up sherpa

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Being a woman owns because if I want to carry around my portable childrens toys as a grown-rear end adult I just put it in my purse :smug:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Boten Anna posted:

Being a woman owns because if I want to carry around my portable childrens toys as a grown-rear end adult I just put it in my purse :smug:

Same, but I have to call it a bookbag so I don't get my teeth kicked in by a man driving a pickup truck :911:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm 30 and if I want to take my 3ds somewhere I put it in a jacket picket, or if it's warm I bring a laptop/messenger bag. It's very simple and I can still pretend to be an adult.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I always have my 3DS on me and if I lose standing in the eyes of the other people riding the bus, so be it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I had a 6 hour layover in Chicago last year, and I got precisely zero streetpasses. It was insane. How are you people staying sane on the airplane? :psyduck:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Same, but I have to call it a bookbag so I don't get my teeth kicked in by a man driving a pickup truck :911:

If it's any consolation, the combination of "American," "pickup truck-haver," and "needs to kick people's teeth in over what kind of bags they carry" means they almost assuredly have a micropenis that they are very insecure about. While there's nothing shameful about having a micropenis, there's plenty shameful about overcompensating by being an rear end in a top hat and assulting others, so have a good laugh about this!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Paper Triangle posted:

stop talking about clothes. none of us knows how to dress ourselves. i carry all my games and consoles around in a giant wicker basket on my back like a hosed up sherpa

A true hero

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do you think Nintendo will ever make pants?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yes, and we'll wonder how we ever lived with only one zipper.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
The Nintendo Pants System will contain two types of cereal, one in each leg.

How much cereal inside the bone or ps4?

...I thought so. Checkmate.

:goku:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr Cheeto posted:

kirby pockets

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

When I was in prison we would have to strap original Xbox controllers to our stomachs before going out into the cafeteria, otherwise you got murked. I'm back out now but I can't share the habit, it's a comfort thing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

MechaCrash posted:

what hosed up jeans are u wearing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
i mean is that post a joke or not i cant tell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

i mean is that post a joke or not i cant tell.

there's a thread, i think it lives in the gun forum, where people just post the large amount of poo poo they put in their pockets every day

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Relaxed fit Wrangler jeans. I can get all that in there, but it can get a little tight, and they do stick out a bit just because of the bulk.

All of the talk of pants does seem like a bit of a tangent, but if you can't cleanly fit a portable in your pocket, I don't think it's very portable at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

portable to me means light weight and good battery. laptops are portable computers right

handheld feels more like its gotta be pocket sized

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Real hurthling! posted:

there's a thread, i think it lives in the gun forum, where people just post the large amount of poo poo they put in their pockets every day

its not surprising the guys with guns are the ones interested in knowing what is in everyone's pockets

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

MechaCrash posted:

In case anyone was wondering where that "Claymore" guy got off to

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

MechaCrash posted:

Relaxed fit Wrangler jeans. I can get all that in there, but it can get a little tight, and they do stick out a bit just because of the bulk.

All of the talk of pants does seem like a bit of a tangent, but if you can't cleanly fit a portable in your pocket, I don't think it's very portable at all.

That wasn't a joke? The hell do you carry a deck of cards for, are you a magician?

I carry a wallet, phone, keys. At work I bring a pocket knife. Lmao at you right now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait wait a minute isn't the point of a coin purse so you don't have lose change?

What type of person goes through with buying a coin purse and carrying it around with them but is too lazy to actually use to its fullest extent.

Like you bought into the coin purse lifestyle, but man you like to keep a few pennies a jingling just so you can let yourself know you can still hang with us normies?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Do they know something we don't? :tinfoil:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
If they really stick with the 2 year X1 and not use the Tegra X2, it will be such a waste of an opportunity.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

sincx posted:

If they really stick with the 2 year X1 and not use the Tegra X2, it will be such a waste of an opportunity.

Not if they make revisionary nintendoGOs at higher price points the way of the future

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I seriously think there'll be biannual refreshes of the NX featuring each new Tegra chip. Total backwards compatibility and forward compatibility two generations would work...i.e. the NX1 will play NX 2 and NX3 games at lower performance, and won't play NX4 games. That way, you can get one and be set for 6 years, or refresh more often if that's your thing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Selling iterative hardware makes more sense when people are actually buying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

MechaCrash posted:

what the actual gently caress

• Locked thread