Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stux posted:

that's a handheld i wasjust talking home consolel

they won by tapping an untapped markett they the first aileld to hold onto, making them the biggest loser of all

bad consoles get ownebd, if u don't like it petition nintnedo to make a good console for a change

u got taint reaped really hard by a photoshop and a 3d printer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

instead of soothing ur taint u choose to instead jump up and down on ur racecar bed insisting u were right all along despite any evidence to the contrary

not the choice i would make but we are the masters of our own destiny, stux

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stux posted:

lol *rolls up sleeves, revealing epic bis and tris* u want to say that again nerd?

i imagine ur anime avatar doing this

its not very intimidating

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I look forward to playing Mario Kart NX with all of you

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
i play nintendo game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lady Naga posted:

should I post in this thread

yes, just don't read it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lady Naga posted:

alright. I don't think I like nintendo much.

:eyepoop:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lady Naga posted:

I don't have to personally tear open the plastic bag and gnaw on an empty McDonald's coffee cup to know I probably wouldn't enjoy eating literal garbage.

lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can't believe Nintendo announced an entire system just for Nintendogs, thousands of Nintendogs games, every breed of dog getting its own game, nothing but Nintendogs for a decade.

Making the console itself a robot dog you have to feed and walk every day was a bold but possibly misguided move.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FirstAidKite posted:

What's preventing you from playing the new zelda on the wii u exactly?

It's not out yet :newlol:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CrashCat posted:

I feel like I was the only one who wasn't impressed by new Zelda. Like, it was an interesting new direction but nothing about it screams "console seller" to me. Seems like something I could just as easily play on the PS4 if it wasn't a Nintendo game, or the Wii U if they weren't trying to give up on it.

You understand it was being demo'd on a Wii U, right?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It'll beam Miiverse posts directly from your mind

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Whenever you think a positive thing about a game on Nintendo NX the brain chip add-on will automatically send your thoughts to the Miiverse

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Miis in hotdog suits, as far as the eye can see...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I think you'd find a stronger argument in the fact that the Wii was extremely good at penetrating markets which do not typically include gamers, and those markets are less likely to be enthusiastic about buying another console.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Meldonox posted:

Man, something about that has a serious 90s vibe.

Probably because the 90s was when American companies started hiring twentysomethings to act like teenagers in commercials unabashedly aimed at 11-15 year olds.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Boten Anna posted:

It kind of seemed that "weak-rear end cpu" thing killed the Wii U pretty hard. It just wasn't easy to port things to the Wii U, between the difficulty of optimizing for its CPU and needing to support the gamepad, and while it was better than the PS3 and 360, it's certainly outclassed by the PS4 and Xbone.

I'll grant you that porting games over to the Wii U's architecture is not a simple thing, but there is no need to actually support the gamepad screen as anything but a mirrored display. I'm sure some ports make use of it as a map or inventory panel or whatever but most third party games I've played just quietly ignore it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo keeps talking about how the next Mario game's gonna be different. It's probably gonna be a first person game where you parkour your way through eight levels.

A sequel to Yoshi Safari

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Cartoon Link is pretty much the Jewish Question of the Zelda franchise.

:yikes:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The budget of the game almost always ends up being reflected in the price tag, so really you're just inventing a new way to do the same thing.

I get wanting to be agnostic about price, but I don't think it's realistic. I don't think it's fair to expect a level playing field when games can vary between $20-$80 at launch.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

greatn posted:

What's NEET stand for.

"Not in Education, Employment, or Training". The implication here is that it's a person who just plays video games and watches anime all day.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

greatn posted:

I don't know, that sounds like me when I was actually in college.

You were at least technically in education :shrug:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What's the source behind these cartridge rumors, anyhow? I'd love to see them come back but I can't believe a company would make their game manufacturing process more expensive when burning discs is so cheap.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If they're trying to kick PowerPC to the curb, it would be difficult to do backwards compatibility without some kind of dedicated component AFAIK.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ddogflex posted:

Microsoft has managed. Sort of.

They used a dedicated little board specifically for this IIRC.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

NO NEED FOR SCREEN CONTROLLER!!

This is never happening. One of the new Zelda's things is "Link has a magical tablet that he uses on his adventures" so dehumanize yourself and face to Wii U Gamepad.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Gyro aiming is the best thing

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Blazing Zero posted:

gyro aiming is cool. i just dont want to be forced to use it

When are you forced to use it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
HOLY poo poo

THAT'S THE NX

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Patter Song posted:

People on sites like Neogaf complain that Nintendo is ignoring them.

This except all year all the time.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Remind me what Rogers has been right about?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
New Wii U

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Feel like this is a load of wishful nerd thinking. I can't see them releasing a handheld when between the recent release of MonHun Generations and the November release of Pokemon Sun & Moon you'd have two really popular system sellers which wouldn't have a game ready for the NX in some time.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

some hot leaks from insiders abound:

• the nx is going to have good games from nintendo

• i'm going to buy one

• wow

I read this post and now Reggie Fils-Aime has me duct taped to a chair and is asking me where I got my info please send help

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm the nintendo nx

What games can you play

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Whatever the NX is, it will almost certainly support Miiverse and Amiibo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nintendo please tell me the pricepoint already

100,000 MyNintendo platinum coins

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Boten Anna posted:

e: ^^ I hope y'all are right but I've been burned giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt many, many times before

All the bad consoles Nintendo made, such as

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Boten Anna posted:

I'm not saying THIS CONSOLE ARE BAD, I'm saying I love their crap overall but they do little detail things that are obnoxious as poo poo. Like the harrowing experiences I had moving to the New 3DS or when I had mysterious hard drive issues with my Wii U or the fact that NNIDs are tied to hardware and if your 3DS falls in a trash compactor or something you can't just like go buy a new one, log in, and go for it, or that I can't remove my obnoxious ex-roommate's Mii from my Wii U without wiping the console and losing all my save games.

I'll give you the NNID thing. As far as I can tell NNIDs are a lot easier to manage these days (they managed to get mine off of a Wii U when I didn't have access to it or its serial number over the phone), and in my experience the support staff at NoA were extremely good.

The Wii was an unqualified success, sorry waggle haters. Skyward Sword was my least favorite Zelda for a variety of reasons, but that game has by far the least responsive controls of any game I've played on the Wii. It's certainly not representative of the Wiimote experience.

The Wii U needed more games, but there are some absolute gems in that library and will defend the Gamepad to the death.

~Coxy posted:

Also if you bought a day1 console then you needed to buy Waggle2.0 controller to play games after a certain point in time.

Only six games actually required this

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Did you dudes ever play de Blob? I loving loved that game. The way the music would get more complex and jaunty as you painted the levels was fantastic.

• Locked thread