Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
We don't talk about CD-i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DoctorWhat posted:

The AR display is the least compelling part of Pokemon Go. The success is the location-based gameplay.

I'd argue that location-based gameplay is AR as much as taking pictures of rattatas in laundry hampers.

This is a horribly constructed sentence please send a grammar tutor

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My tactical kilt probably has enough room for it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do you think Nintendo will ever make pants?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MechaCrash posted:

So on the one hand, I'm impressed that "here's what's in my pockets" started off a tangent that went on this long.

I don't know if this is a condition unique to the Nintendo handheld threads, but every so often goons will start talking about pants pockets and it just never ends. Do the Vita threads have this problem?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Fed Force is going to be good

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Wii U Gamepad is good, I love being able to use it to view maps, character stats, and read texts in my favorite game, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Being able to check a map or futz with my inventory while on the go in Wind Waker HD was pretty great, too.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The high-cap battery should have come standard, but I'm not sure how a company could both make the gamepad an add-on peripheral and do more cool stuff with it. If it didn't come standard nobody would have done much of anything with it.

Not to mention the games that required it would probably have not sold half as well. What would Splatoon have looked like if you had to purchase a relatively expensive peripheral to play it?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

JustJeff88 posted:

Good points, but I think that you would have to design games to be fun & functional without the tablet, but make it so that the tablet offers a superior play experience that will tempt people to buy it.

Nobody but Nintendo itself would have incentive to add any kind of gamepad support, and the gamepad would be pretty expensive for a controller, probably over $100 USD. I just don't think there's a market for that.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Gamepad came standard and still no developer used the piece of poo poo other than a glorified menu;

This isn't true at all but don't let me keep you from having the standard goon meltdown over Nintendo hardware.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stux posted:

its completely true because no one developed anyhting for the wii u so no one used the pad lol

Welcome back, Stux

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wildtortilla posted:

There's no reason each team member couldn't have a button assigned to them, open the map and press the button and off you go.

Squid beakons

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Everyone knows the PlayStations are great, Stux, PS1 & PS2 are the two best-selling home consoles ever.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wii U thread is dead

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
NX gonna give it to ya was a better title

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It'll support standard memory cards and have far fewer anime titties.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nintendo Entertainment Xystem

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Germstore posted:

With the Wii U GamePad you have two screens. Think about it.

I'm thinking about it

whoa

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

This is probably old news, but I noticed the players in the video for Mario Kart were drifting, and those joy-cons have to have shoulder buttons right where they connect to the battery pack or tablet. Then again, it's just a promotional video, but this would be amazingly innovative if true.

The joycons each have one trigger and one shoulder buttons that, when mounted to the tablet, are on the top. You can see them most clearly in the image here pointing out the game card and the one showing off the kickstand.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 21, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
With the Nintendo Switch you can Zelda ANYWHERE

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kashuno posted:

The Wii U gamepad does not have what I would call "surprising battery longevity"

It isn't terrible if you buy the bigger battery, which completely fills the compartment. Should have come standard imho.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Does the Nintendo Switch have a "bagel" setting?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm here for Spla2n

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't wait for F-Zero and Balloon Fight on the Nintendo Switch

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DalaranJ posted:

#FE and Hyrule Warriors were just prototypes. With the power of the Nintendo Switch, we can finally make a crossover about any two series.

Pokémario. F-Zero Escape. Game & Watch_Dogs

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I wonder if analog triggers are in the mix this time.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please can we talk about the Splatoon hairdos because I want to be the pompadour squid

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do you think if we're good, Nintendo will release a mini 64 with Mario 64 and Perfect Dark and Mischief Makers?

I'm more hype about mini SNES tbqh

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Gutcruncher posted:

It's pretty hilarious that they literally released Galgun on PS4 without any PSmove support. Hi I'm a Japanese development guy let's make sexy house of the dead but without anything approximating lightguns okay now I'm off to huff some used schoolgirl panties hold my calls.

:yikes:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lodin posted:

And one more from the good lady. The fucker can't charge while in the dock. Lol, Nintendo, lol.
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-nintendo-switch-trailer-prototype-powered-by-usb-c-cannot-be-charged-in-kickstand-mode/

The article claims that the Switch can't charge while kickstanding, but does charge while docked. Please read things.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rexroom posted:

Funnily enough, the new iPhone 7 doesn't have USB-C. Which doesn't fit well with the new USB-C only MacBooks they revealed today.

Need to have those lightning cables so they can get manufacturers on the MFi certification program.

Meanwhile I'm wishing there was a certification process for USB because turns out any yahoo with a few dollars to spare can toss a jumble of wires together and call it USB-C and the only thing keeping me from buying a cable that burns my phone out is a Google engineer's Amazon reviews.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
As long as they keep Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter coming I could not care less

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How do they do this every time they release a piece of hardware?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The NES classic supports wiimotes?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They only launched Miitomo a year ago and they just dropped a big update. I think Miis are here to stay for a while.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario is a tool created by the illuminati to hide the fact that the Wii U has bad UX design

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

codenameFANGIO posted:

I wish you people would Switch into good posters!!

:yeah:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What's bad about XCX

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My favorite Samus is when Bayonetta wears the Samus costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto