Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Reiley posted:

Word on the street is the Nintendo NX supports a significant number of players. Fellas, I think we're in for a wild ride.

Well, it has to support 8 for the Smash port anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

HMS Boromir posted:

can someone catch me up on what this emily rogers lady did to make nerds mad other than post some rumors about a nintendy

Some turned out to be untrue

Thats it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Good thing they went rogue, Destructoid was too bureaucratic, would've taken them months to get the paperwork done to invade that dude's house and record the PS4Slim

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What is even coming out for the 3DS besides Pokemon? Goddamn, Nintendo.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/770659916101058560

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Raserys posted:

i'm praying for that dragonball fusion game

No need for prayers, someone gathered the Dragon Balls already

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dragon-ball-fusions-rated-brazil

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I get the feeling that they'll mention something about the NX announcement at the end of tomorrow's Direct, like "Mark your calendars because we have another direct (event?) coming, on September # we will unveil the NX!" or maybe just a vague "later this/next month we will have a Nintendo Direct all about the NX"

If not then i'd start worrying that they won't reveal it this month and maybe it won't be out in March, or alternatively it will and they'll just do it as a normal direct and announce the announcement a day before.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I got a feel for the 14th

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If it'll use flash storage like the Wii U, but with a different architecture since it's not gonna be backwards compatible at all, can we reasonably expect 256gb of internal? It'd still kinda suck but it'd be usable.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Funnily enough, the censorship complaints from people who actually played the game was "Wow, this wedding dress is sloppily covered up" and pretty much nothing else

Once I found out that in the original Maiko was a "gravure idol" I became extremely happy for all the changes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

"Yeah just slap that 500 GB harddrive onto the portable system"

- Someone who doesn't understand how space works.

Now you can slap in an SD card instead!

Your 350 dollar SD card to get 512 gigs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

this is not the NX, the NX is not a heaping pile of dogshit that can emulate NES games

Now hold on, we still don't have actual evidence that the Xbone's 32 esrams can handle the NES

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So the theory that GameXplain guys and other journalists went on "vacations" for an NX Press Conference are confirmed fake now that Eric and Andre are going home?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So what ended up being your favorite Wii U game, thread?

5.- Mario Kart 8
4.- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
3.- Splatoon
2.- Super Mario 3D World
1.- The Wonderful 101

Top 3 were complete and utter joy to play, like some of my best gaming experiences ever from start to finish. I still haven't played Hyrule Warriors or Yoshi's Woolly World yet tho.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can't help but get a bit into the IT'S HAPPENING bullshit hype because gently caress i want it to be happening already.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

loving hell, come on, let this be the week.

Given the amount of people that must know about it by now as well as the crazy hooplah/hype, that must be one scary rear end NDA that folks had to sign.

Every day people wake up with a new page of the NDA delivered to them via Nintendo Ninja's Shuriken, sometimes stabbed into their hands if they're being too playful with their info.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

At this point I wouldn't be too shocked if Trump reveals the rarest Pepe only for Clinton to respond by revealing the NX.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My dumb internet person guess right now is for a reveal on the 18th with some huge direct. Mostly guessing that date because there have been Pokemon videos every first and third tuesday of every month, so it'd make sense if the NX presentation also had a section of Nintendo stuff you can buy before March, like the NES mini and Pokemon. It's also a good week or so before their investor meeting so they can gauge interest and add "the NX reveal got a shitton of tweets" to their investor presentation.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They need to announce it soon so they can release the NX Halloween Costume and the Slutty NX Halloween Costume in time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The NX has been released but only married people who have children yet never kissed are allowed to sense and buy it. Only way we can enjoy those choice Ninty games are by Goku's LP channel.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

But seriously, I love all the nerd impatience going around the NX even when I'm getting caught up with it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

It is crazy that the MSRP for a Wii U is still 300 dollars

I think by the time lowering the price to salvage it became an option it was already dead enough that they might as well push it under the rug until the NX comes out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Disc speeds are ruining everything, if only there was another way :ohdear: some way of reading a chip instead, some sort of fantastical, magical format that pops into a console for faster load times that is also capable of holding huge amounts of data that are comparable with blurays.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

Their last WiiU game came out today, so they are pretty much clear to announce it whenever.

I really really like this game, Paper Mario: Color Splash, by the way. I'm so glad I got it two weeks early due to them loving up. I have just about %100ed it and am in the last level now. I'll have to check my time on the game, but it's been a solid amount.

Pretty much. I doubt the NX would somehow get in the way of Pokemon SM selling gangbusters, and the NES Mini is such a different thing for a different audience that it shouldn't matter.

Still, if they think it'd compete with them for some reason, then, well, gently caress, the announcement would happen after Black Friday (25th of November) which sucks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The NX reddit finally got a leaker!
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/56jomc/leak_goodies_from_a_large_retail_partner/
It's nothing!

It's probably actually nothing and even a fake, if not then the NX is 300 bucks and there's also a 400 bucks bundle.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rexroom posted:

More precisely, optical media.

The NX should come with a subscription to El Rey network. Destroy all need for any other media.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay, so, for real it has to be this following week, right? Like, they can't go through the quarter report without talking about the system they are launching at the end of the following quarter???

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

Tegra X2 SoC is designed for cars

Everyone saying $350 is too much will gasp when they realize it's a big ol' car.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Wonderful 101

Boy I can't wait for next week's NX Direct to be as awesome as E3 2014 and surprise us with all sorts of new games for the console's launch window. :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm gonna be So. loving. Pissed. if tomorrow doesn't have anything. Specially since Friday is the fifth anniversary of the Nintendo Direct.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

I'm thinking partial reveal tomorrow (name, concept, maybe images of the hardware), and an announcement of the full hardware/software reveal for next week or the week after. Would make very little sense to just drop an hour-long Direct with zero advance notice.

But at this point, I'd be more than happy with just a reveal date, because the lack of one has been the most frustrating thing about the past six months.

I'm thinking that, but first a tweet tomorrow about the reveal happening on Friday, then yeah just mostly a reveal and maybe a software sizzle reel to get buzz going before the full hardware/software reveal a week or two later.

A sizzle reel would be so cool for a week. People just analyzing footage, trying to figure out how things look so good, wondering what the hell some games could even be.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 20, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's clear he has an uncle the works at nintendo

His uncle is MARIO?!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/788901706243248131

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

youcallthatatwist posted:

Oh dang it's only 3 minutes? Oh well. At least we'll see the thing

According to Rogers, there'll be news this week and next week. Tomorrow's probably some sorta highlight reel and name reveal while next week will have a full-blown 30-40 minute direct going over the system's features and launch window software.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I still don't believe it

How about now? :smug:

https://twitter.com/NintatoYT/status/788905736952750080

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

youcallthatatwist posted:

Where are you hearing this?

http://www.nintendo.com/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

wanna know the games

I really, really hope the trailer has some quick shots of the games. Like for two frames you can see Mario jumping on Cthulhu or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKCetCeibs

I'm pretty much expecting that but with some game footage sliced in every now and then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Super WiiDS

Wii DaS***

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I wanna live in the Steven Universe world where the Gamecube kept Dolphin as its name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

devtesla posted:

I'm comparing this to what the wii was actually like, and I'm all, a lot of this is bullshit lol. Expect some bullshit tomorrow.

There was a similar concept video for the Wii U that wasn't nearly as effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg

I'm expecting less bullshit since this is going to be five months apart from the release while the Wii and Wii U videos were a year and a half, when stuff wasn't finalized.

Ho boy the Wii U video was pretty dull, and the only hint at new console was how much nicer the Zelda CG trailer looked.

• Locked thread