Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
It's like the Snickers fun size for the Wii U controller. Everybody loves the fun sized ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
This thread's title sure does changes a lot.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I'll admit this is amusing but this really shows the direction the Paper Mario games have evolved in the past few games.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kashuno posted:

Nintendo...........................................

...Nintendo never changes.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
No longer will I be known as "that guy with the Wii U at his house" among my peers. Soon I shall be known as "that guy who carries the Switch around," and we'll play Mario Kart from the comfort of our worn and tear-stained beanbag chairs in the recreational hall's side rooms.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Raserys posted:

since paper mario color splash, which came out october 7th

That's a funny one. You're a funny guy, with your funny jokes.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Palpek posted:

They actually release less and less buggy games, the bugginess of their older titles was that much off the charts.

This is true. For all of its weird quirks, in Fallout 4 you don't get Fallout 3 or Oblivion's levels of wacky ragdolls that stretch into the sky and flail around like organic fireworks, or quests and items that are programmed into the game as buggy messes that render quests impossible to complete. Or Morrowind's levels of broken where you can outrun the speed of which the game can load the world.

For better or worse, of course. The end result is significantly less complex gameplay mechanics, like Skyrim's magic system or Fallout 4's perk system, and very linear, one-dimension quest lines.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
He had a gun in Yoshi's Safari.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
What are these words in my thread about my portable Wii U 2?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

TaurusOxford posted:

The WiiU still lacked a proper account system though.

It had Nintendo IDs. Unless that's not a proper account system, because otherwise I don't know what is.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Here's a gif of Miyamoto presenting the Switch and Mario Run in Jimmy Fallon, since nobody has posted one yet.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Sometimes I wonder what our world would be if Nintendo consoles had the same third party support as their competitors in the modern generations. Namely in the silly crossover stuff.

Imagine finding a Varia suit in Mass Effect or something. That would've been neato.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That's not Mario Kart 7 or Super Circuit

Mario Kart Wii had black holes for walls that devoured all momentum and an item roulette selection that despises each and every racer equally instead of the usual justifiable range of people in the lead. What can you say about 7 or Super Circuit?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'm going to play it on my couch in front of the TV, but lying on my back with the portable screen raised above my face.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Skyrim was a cultural phenomenon that was approachable by people new to western RPGs and boring to almost anybody who wasn't. Sort of like all modern Bethesda games. Fallout New Vegas doesn't count because it was developed by Obsidian.

But I remember there were people who almost fetishistically played it on consoles endlessly when it was released, most likely only stopping because their daily routines like jobs or education interrupted it. A portable version is probably the thing of dreams to them. Don't know how many people that actually is, though.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 30, 2016

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takoluka posted:

Konami's making serious bank.

Pachinko is where it's at.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why would they bother doing a full remaster of a 15 year old Smash Brothers instead of just making a new Smash Brothers?

Because people still play it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How accurate is the idea that it's a remake of Metroid 1? I really like that game, and would be extra down to play a GBA remake.

Extremely. It's the first Metroid but better. There's some weird developer...oversights? Decisions? There's some bizarre changes but most everything is for the better. It also uses the same engine as Fusion, so if you liked Fusion minus the things like (over-)linearity and a babbling plot character, you'll like Zero Mission.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Interesting. Go on.

When I played it, I remember a bunch of stuff was moved around and there's a lot of things that were walled off that weren't before, some of which I blocked a couple of power ups you could get early in the original.

Although it's most likely to just stop you from getting lost, which I did a lot in the original.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Electromax posted:

Silent Hill 2 had an interesting story for the time. Not great writing/acting though.

"HOW CAN YOU JUST SIT HERE EATING PIZZA!?" is still one of my favorite lines from any video game, though.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The real issue is the combat, there's some pretty decent adventure game mechanics in it. Hell, there's a few stages with almost no combat in them at all (ie; the best ones). They either needed to make the fights harder so there's more thought to be put into card selection than "which card will gently caress them all over in one turn?" or just remove it completely. Even the real meat of the Boss fights is just figuring out which Thing you need to disable their gimmick.

That was the exact issue with Sticker Star. All of my favorite moments were from the writing, dialogue, and puzzles (that didn't involve the stickers), but the combat was so awful that it just sapped my will to finish it. If Color Splash is more of the same, then that's not a very good motivation to try it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Infinitum posted:

The video game industry dies next week anyway.

Switch gunna be the biggest bomb since the virtual boy.

Speaking of the Virtual Boy, what was the general reception to it before it came out? Was anybody actually hyped for it before it was released?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
How will you win unless you pick the top tiers and learn how to wavecheat and fun-cancel?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The people who whined about WFT were probably the same people who whined about Cloud and Bayonetta anyways and thus do not deserve to have their voices heard and were rightfully smacked down when Nintendo turned King K. Rool into a Mii Fighter outfit.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I have a gaming PC and Xbone/PS4 exclusives aren't interesting nor numerous enough compared to what will inevitably come to the Switch. And also everyone I know is getting a Switch, anyways.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Money doesn't buy happiness. But it can get things that make you happy.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Retro needs to make a collaboration with ID and make a Doom/Metroid crossover.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I hope Good Feel can make another hand-animated game like Wario Land: Shake It, that has to be one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen

I loved Wario Land: Shake It's animation and art design, it was all really distinctly Wario, which in itself was over-the-top and cartoonish. And also it brought us this gem:

I would love to see a hand-animated game like it again but with a different franchise, maybe even for something unexpected that they've never tried alternative art styles for.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Related article on same very page:

"Nintendo Switch is more powerful than Xbox One."

Hmm...

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Dexo gets the point for having a higher resolution image.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Oh wait, Bomberman R has online?

Well, I guess I absolutely need to preorder a Switch now.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

Super Mario Odyssey is a little less than I expected.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Wiimote in TP wasn't as bad for lefties since it wasn't a 1:1 movement, so you could still hold it in your left hand with little issue (so that is stupid that they made Link a righty to begin with). However, it called for more adjustment in SS if you wanted to play left handed still. I ended up just playing right handed and taking a bit to get used to it. It really couldn't have been much more dev to give a left/right handed option and just flip the character model in game and invert movements.

I was hoping he could be lefty or ambidextrous in this game since you have more weapon options. Was hoping you could dual wield swords in lieu of a shield.

It isn't as simple as flipping the character model, especially since Link's design in the game was asymmetrical (even when he's not holding the sword). It's an animation nightmare if you just flip an asymmetrical character and leave the rest of the game assets unflipped, which is probably why they also just flipped the gameworld in Twilight Princess. The issue with that then, however, is you will now also need to adjust dialogue in reference to direction, on top of things such as maps and UI.

An ambidextrous Link would be pretty neato, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
In expert mode, the person who breaks eye contact loses by default.

• Locked thread