Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Imagine enjoying video games lmao

:bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot wait to own the new Nintendo console.
My WiiU has been the best gaming purchase (aside from the games on it) in the last decade or so.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The sheer quality of the games it's had released for it trumps any quantity measures from other systems.
Their output has been slow but almost all could be considered essential play.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

elf help book posted:

I feel like everyone has just been saying "yeah sure, the NX is both a portable and a console" without really considering that if that's really true, it's kinda crazy to consider that Nintendo will focus fully on one system and how great that system will be.

Absolutely!

The 3DS has a great library almost wholly separate from the WiiU. If they combined all their efforts to their supposed portable/standalone games (if indeed the NX is this hybrid people think it is), then I and any fan of good gaming should be really excited!

A system that could hold DK tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario 3D land, Mario 3D world, Picross 3D2, the Phoenix Wright games, the Virtual Consoles of all previous generations, Splatoon, Bayonettas 1 and 2 is almost a dream for me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Instant Sunrise posted:

i have a 3ds and a wii u.

both of them are very good systems

the nx will also be a good game system.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have the yoshi face plates for my 3DS.
I also have the Luigi WiiMote for my WiiU.

I really like stuff like that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

PBS Newshour posted:

I wonder what new memes will arise from the nx

It's called the NX because it's the NeXt console from Nintendo that you will have tremendous fun playing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

MechaCrash posted:

Hey guys, do you like completely unverified rumors?

Neither do I, but since Nintendo is being tight-lipped it's all we have to go on. Courtesy of this Twitter account, we have some stuff with basically nothing to back it, but due to the lack of anything solid to talk about gently caress it here we go anyway.

According to this, which I will summarize because it strikes me as easier than linking individual tweets (especially if they vanish somehow), the official name of the handheld half is the "3DSwap." The big thing is "one ecosystem, two devices, three ways to play." No, what that means is not gone into. Some games will be a "forward" edition, which means you get a box with a Wii U disc and NX cartridge, the ones specifically mentioned being Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Brothers. Other launch window games are going to be a New Mario game, Metroid, Pokemon, Call of Duty, and a new flavor of Skylanders. Monster Hunter, Resident Evil 7, and a new Ace Attorney are also in the works, as well as two NX exclusive titles from Platinum. And apparently there's going to be some sort of connectivity and streaming between the home unit and handheld unit.

If this stuff about the NX unit and 3DSwap is accurate, I hope it's all included in one package, and not two things you have to buy separately. But that assumes any of this is accurate at all, and at this point, who knows?

The thing that makes me feel this is probably incorrect is the bolded part.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

zolthorg posted:

the games should mods just start probating people for posting the stupidest loving rumors

I don't think I want to do that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am hyper stoked for the reveal!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dear Thread,

The frame rate discussion is a poor topic and something purely full of conjecture. Please can we avoid just stop it and talk about other things.

For a start, I am totally getting one on launch day because it looks amazing.

Thank you kindly,
VG

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kirby Superscare! posted:

Dear Thread,

The frame rate discussion is a poor topic and something purely full of conjecture. Please can we avoid it and talk about other things.

For a start, I am totally getting one on launch day because it looks amazing.

Thank you kindly,
VG

Just to reiterate the bold.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

And to counter, to me it looks like turd controllers on a lame tablet. Scoff I say! You play Zelda on your tiny screen while I'm living in a world in my gear 2 galaxy 8 direct iv hook up!

Hah! You have fun with your endless mario!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

By this logic wouldn't any discussion of anything based on what we saw in the video be full of conjecture?

No. You know exactly what I mean when I say what I say. I find your posts in this thread highly amusing considering how much you have told me and posted about your dislike for people discussing the Oculus Rift.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mods rename me Joycons

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It's been a few days and I am still incredibly stoked to own a Nintendo Switch.

My only problem is how to deal with the upcoming months until it is released.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

You could play fun Nintendo video games until then.

I am doing this on my awesomely full WiiU!
Also my PS vita which might be surpassed by the Switch as the best handheld I own.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You don't like the 3DS? It has tons more great games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kirby: Planet Robobot!

I love my 3DS. I have a New 3DS with Yoshi cover plates :) I just like my Vita even more. It's comfier to hold, the screen is nicer and I love playing twin stick shooters on it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bef posted:

I'm eager to watch this bomb harder than the wii u :munch:

What the heck?!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Red Stripe posted:

LethalGeek did nothing wrong

I disagree. Besides, it is only one day.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Nintendo is Amazing!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm going to preorder the heck out of the switch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wonder if there will be a new pokemon snap.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm imagining Mario Maker on the go and it is awesome :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Thanks to whoever Nintendo Switched the thread title

I love to change thread titles :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

hi please don't

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love Fallout4 and I hope the black friday sale includes the season pass because I want more of it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Switches with changeable backs like the New3DS would make me grin. I have a luigi themed New3DS!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I would actually put these all around my house.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Nah, he's Mario Speedwagon

That would be an awesome username!

And nope, I am not Dan Ryckert. He probably gets paid to play videogames. I don't have that luxury.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

that's dan's username here

Lucky Dan! (Until I looked him up I had no idea who he was. I still don't as I don't read Giant Bomb.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

a.lo posted:

you listen to giantbomb in your car on your way to work or working out

I walk to work and I am videogames. We don't have fat, merely plastic cases.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Even though I own a WiiU, I think I will buy the Zelda game for the switch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

As long as they don't just port 6 month old games everyone had already played and then give up when those don't sell, that will be better than the Wii U third-party support

I would be cool with this because I could take them on a hand held adventure!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CrashCat posted:

No you wouldn't, because it would meant they only make one and then quit for lack of interest. Unless you actually want to only play one game for the whole time...

I am a doofus who completely misread the post. I meant I would be happy with them porting 6 month old games to play with them so they could be handheld. I do want more other games too!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm always having fun!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

"why do people have fun and enjoy things and characters im a dumb idiot" - tender bender

Tender Bender uses far better grammar. I'm starting to think this might be a false flag.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would love to play FFXV but I don't own the PS4 or Xbone. I am saving my money for the Switch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Make sure you also save enough for the power cord unless you have Wii U already.

I ADORE my WiiU. It has been the best console that I have owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It's shaping up to be the best console of the new generation again!

• Locked thread