Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

~Coxy posted:

Wii was a bad console because games were constrained by Waggle and not having HDMI made it looks like poo poo on most TVs. Also if you bought a day1 console then you needed to buy Waggle2.0 controller to play games after a certain point in time.

WiiU is a bad console because games are constrained by iPad controller. If every game supported the GCN adaptor I would be fine with it.
uhh the Wii has Munchables and Crystal Bearers so it's Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

no touching kirbys genitals

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

phones are the only place you can play new advance wars games anymore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warbits/id584927317?mt=8

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Boten Anna posted:

Holy poo poo, there's no way it's NOT a stylized NX

there's a rumor that Sun/Moon will get a port to NX which makes some sense since it will be a recent release when that comes out

maybe they'll port Kid Icarus Uprising so a regular person can control it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wasn't the Wii U supposed to be that despite never looking better than ps3?
the later rumors of wii u said it was supposed to be "slightly more powerful than an xbox 360" and i'm not necessarily sure if that's true either.

but it would take some actual work to produce something with available components that would be less powerful than the xbox one at the very least. I'm sure Nintendo will find somewhere to go super cheap though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Selling iterative hardware makes more sense when people are actually buying it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MechaCrash posted:

So on the one hand, I'm impressed that "here's what's in my pockets" started off a tangent that went on this long. On the other hand, poo poo, it's not like we have anything concrete to talk about for the NX. I think they're going to actually talk about it at Tokyo Game Show, right? That's September 15th.
I thought Nintendo skips TGS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo should throw a pizza party

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

Then why did they announce the console like 5 years ago? They've left people hanging if anything.
They announced NX because they had a conference to announce their mobile partnership and they needed to confirm to their investors that they were not leaving the hardware space

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the gamepad owns for playing games in bed, the NX will be even better

also the Wii remote + nunchuck is the greatest video game controller, fight me. FIGHT ME

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

put the tv in your room
and sit up in bed?? wtf

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

on the ceiling
my anxiety would just make me go "okay that's gonna fall and kill me in my sleep"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Projector. If that doesn't work because you have popcorn ceilings time to fix your life.
im gonna keep playing handhelds in bed because i already own them

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Motion controls own

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nope. wiimote and nunchuck is the best THE BEST

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Its always fun to remember that Splatoon outsold Bloodborne

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the dreamcast loving owned and so did the VMU that i bet s.i.r.e. hates

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rastor posted:

Rumored follow-up to the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 seemingly cancelled.

No need to push their gaming tablet now that they're involved in Nintendo's gaming tablet?
I dunno about no need but it's possible that they can't afford to sell anything else at a loss right now because they supposedly gave Nintendo a crazy good deal on the GPU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my og wii is still under my TV

i still have to play dead space extraction, opoona, de blob, and metroid prime 3

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the wii had awesome games its just that during the middle of wii's life all the wrong games got the attention, like THE CONDUIT rather than actually awesome/unique games like munchables, opoona, zack & wiki, madworld, domino rally, spectrobes origins (IKU ZE) etc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

zelda maker already exists http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

also I thought the rumor was that it wasn't the X1 but either X2 or something custom from Nvidia

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

call it the Super Super Nintendo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if Nintendo produced for a single console there'd be no more Rhythm Heaven so gently caress that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

greatn posted:

Next Level games is a first party Nintendo Studio
They're independent but work exclusively for nintendo. Basically a second party. Just prior to Dark Moon they did some licensed Captain America game for Xbox 360/PS3

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I wanna play Popful Mail again. Put it on the eShop, Nintendo.
Working Designs no longer exists although vic ireland runs Gaijinworks (or something like that?) and they've gotten some old games on VC/PSN

as always there are copyright issues at the heart of the bullshit that keeps games like that off of services

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I doubt Nintendo looks at it like that or Codename STEAM would have resulted in Intelligent Systems' closure

I dont think Nintendo has released any one super great game this year inhouse or otherwise so they probably would write this whole year off. I mean Kirby Robobobobobo and Paper Jam are good, FE Fates seems to be good, but nothing like Splatoon or Mario Maker or Yoshi Wooly World in 2015. Everyone is on NX projects and they were probably like "look 2016 is just the B-Sides and Rarities year"

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 23, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

That's from here by the by.

And verbatim copying the tweets from that Emily Rogers lady:
emily rogers also said mother 3 was a sure thing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im excited for how the NX will be made into one of Link's items in breath of the wild and you'll have to somehow use both motion controls and panorama view at the same time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Don't a lot of tablet/tops have a detachable keyboard?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"there is truth to this" - someone bullshitting

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i want picross 3d 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BillmasterCozb posted:

i love you for this picture
i got it off twitter, i have yet to create my own thinkpiece on the NX and millenials but surely it's coming

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a.lo posted:

People use to get real excited for Directs
I still am. this is our last opportunity for Picross 3D 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpingmanjim posted:

For real I would play a mature Mario game.
good news, the Mario Galaxy series matures platforming design to its tallest peak

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i cant believe nintendo won video games again with the release of handheld GOTY Picross 3D 2 to go along with console GOTY Tokyo Mirage Sessions

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they sent out an extra DMCA to prevent the AM2R guy from providing updates just to stick an additional dagger in

meanwhile capcom is like "oh megaman's 25th anniversary? uhh i guess we could.. hey there's a fan game, let's just promote that"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm glad ios users will get to experiece NSMB fatigue now too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm proud of this and want to share it with others.

*two people clap*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the iphone is a good way for nintendo to get easy money while still making rhythm heaven games that sell to me and 19 other people

• Locked thread