Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

greatn posted:

That seems overpriced honestly

Reminder: You need the dongle and a PS4 controller to use it, meaning it's effectively drat near 100 dollars invested for the first month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

greatn posted:

That seems overpriced honestly

They apparently have like this gigantic array of PS3 hardware that this all runs on, not to mention the rather intense requirements to get on a really good backbone or 10 and all the technical AND business negotiations to make sure that the latency is absolutely, positively as low as possible.

It's loving expensive as h*ck to provide, so I see why it's priced so high, but it really doesn't seem worth it still. The cost of Sony using the Cell processor instead of something actually good continues to be passed down to you, the consumer, 10 years later!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

The NA announcement for the 3DS direct mentioned that there would be no news about NX in the direct jfyi dudes

Hahaha those jokesters at Nintendo!!!! We all know for sure it's only NX stuff tomorrow xD!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Saoshyant posted:

More rumors incoming: devkits have been found to have a Share button and a split D-pad, so it can be used as another input method I imagine.

If you don't have the time to make a miiverse post, the share button can be configured to automatically write one for you that describes the incredible fidelity of the water textures in the game you're playing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i want picross 3d 2

Where's the built-in vape? FAKE!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Boogaleeboo posted:

Reminder: You need the dongle and a PS4 controller to use it, meaning it's effectively drat near 100 dollars invested for the first month.

This is false. Any controller works fine, and there's a 7 day free trial. It's loving amazing. If you don't find PSNow on PC to be amazing well then you're probably very very hard to impress. You can play things like Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Tokyo Jungle on PC for the first time ever and people still bitch about it. Code Veronica X. Both Resident Evil Revelations games, and of course 4, 5 and 6 and Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles. Sly Cooper collection, most of the Ratchet and Clank series. Shadow of the loving Colossus. Every God of War game.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 31, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Don't stream games.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

elf help book posted:

Don't stream games.*

*Unless they are games that you would otherwise have absolutely no way to play, at all, ever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ahh. gonna have to have a friend assume control of Knack for me, using the playstation 4 stream feature

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

meanwhile i'll be speedrunning motherflipping tropical freeze on my wii u :D

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is false. Any controller works fine, and there's a 7 day free trial.

The site dicked with me then, it says it requires "a compatible DualShock®4 controller".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Boten Anna posted:

They apparently have like this gigantic array of PS3 hardware that this all runs on, not to mention the rather intense requirements to get on a really good backbone or 10 and all the technical AND business negotiations to make sure that the latency is absolutely, positively as low as possible.

It's loving expensive as h*ck to provide, so I see why it's priced so high, but it really doesn't seem worth it still. The cost of Sony using the Cell processor instead of something actually good continues to be passed down to you, the consumer, 10 years later!

yeah this. its very expensive to get the rights to rent the games to people, to stream the games in a playable state, to upkeep all the hardware. if you buy a years for 99 dollars its approaching a decent price per month i guess and there are probably 5 or 6 games on the list i'd play over that time frame idk.

it comes packed into samsung tvs now too. its deffo not for everybody

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah this. its very expensive to get the rights to rent the games to people, to stream the games in a playable state, to upkeep all the hardware. if you buy a years for 99 dollars its approaching a decent price per month i guess and there are probably 5 or 6 games on the list i'd play over that time frame idk.

it comes packed into samsung tvs now too. its deffo not for everybody

Last I checked it doesn't have FFXIII: Waifu Returns which everyone swears is Actually Good but I'm not getting burned again by actually buying something that says "Final Fantasy XIII" on it outright without a few hours of facetime with it.

Thankfully the XIII-2 demo was enough to convince me I still would not like it at all, so dodged that bullet~

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Boogaleeboo posted:

The site dicked with me then, it says it requires "a compatible DualShock®4 controller".

It's poor wording. What it means is the equivalent of a DualShock 4 controller. I think theres maybe 1 or 2 games that have motion controls that you wouldn't be able to utilize, but other than that a 360 controller works just fine. You will of course have Playstation button prompts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Boten Anna posted:

Last I checked it doesn't have FFXIII: Waifu Returns which everyone swears is Actually Good but I'm not getting burned again by actually buying something that says "Final Fantasy XIII" on it outright without a few hours of facetime with it.

Thankfully the XIII-2 demo was enough to convince me I still would not like it at all, so dodged that bullet~

i just played in on 360 and couldn't finish it. its definitely better than the other xiii's but its also bland as hell

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

first it wasn't cool to have a bookshelf of physical media, now it's not cool to even own your own games... the nx will deliver me to kindom kart :pray:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am a simple man. Is the NX right for me?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
The NX is a loving puzzle you have to put together before you can play it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i got really good at those sliding square puzzles like in the wind waker cabana so i hope the nx is one of those

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You monster.

Sliding square puzzles are the very bane of my existence.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
The NX is a ball-in-a-cup.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

i got really good at those sliding square puzzles like in the wind waker cabana so i hope the nx is one of those

What method did you use? I always fix the bottom two rows first, but my friend swears you have to go by column instead of by row to do it fastest.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What method did you use? I always fix the bottom two rows first, but my friend swears you have to go by column instead of by row to do it fastest.

columns are just rows going the other way

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i do an L shape along the edge to reduce it from, say a 5x5 to 4x4, then repeat

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
The NX will be Nintendo going back to their roots.

What I'm saying is it's a deck of Hanafuda cards

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Guys, I think the NX is just going to be a video game console. Honestly, many of your suggestions are a little absurd.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

codenameFANGIO posted:

Guys, I think the NX is just going to be a video game console. Honestly, many of your suggestions are a little absurd.

Nintendo NX: Honestly, many of your suggestions are a little absurd.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm not going to slag anyone off for paying a stiff monthly fee for a streaming gaming service. I had Sega Channel.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The real NX was the friends we made along the way

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

you had the NX inside you the entire time?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
We're talking about the company that would make 10 million dollars if they just released untouched ROMs of their Pokemon collection onto the App Store, but they just don't do it because I guess nobody over there thought of it yet? I'm not really sure. It's guaranteed money. Also whoever thought of friend codes should be shot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nx will let you pair you phone with it and play all your favorite games remotely from the unit in your bag to the phone in your hand. finally the convenience and discretion of phone gaming with the power(tm) of nintendo. phones sold seperate. remote play range 8 inches

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Folks, I just got some big news. Battery life on the NX? Incredible.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

alf_pogs posted:

you had the NX inside you the entire time?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

We're talking about the company that would make 10 million dollars if they just released untouched ROMs of their Pokemon collection onto the App Store, but they just don't do it because I guess nobody over there thought of it yet? I'm not really sure. It's guaranteed money. Also whoever thought of friend codes should be shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

People use to get real excited for Directs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a.lo posted:

People use to get real excited for Directs
I still am. this is our last opportunity for Picross 3D 2

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Best of luck to you and those around the world.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PSNow isn't available where I live, but the NX will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reiley posted:

Folks, I just got some big news. Battery life on the NX? Incredible.

battery life ??

call me when there's confirmed battery sentience

• Locked thread