Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natron
Aug 5, 2004

BillmasterCozb posted:

why are people so mad about there not being an NX direct. they got their own hopes up, and are making GBS threads on nintendo for it

This is an accurate description of NeoGAF at all times. It's my favourite thing in the world to watch them ramp each others' hopes up for months and then be spitting mad when Nintendo doesn't meet their unreasonable, completely fact-free vision of what they've told themselves the new console will be. Can't wait for Nintendo to actually unveil it. Partially because I'm curious, and partly because I want to watch people melt down. I hope that when they reveal it they also say nothing about processor speed, available RAM, resolution, or storage so that it can continue until March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

i want picross 3d 2

This leak is confirmed by my sources. Also, the NX moniker isn't actually the name, but the suffix for the device. "Nintendonx" is the name of Nintendo's revolutionary new device, pronounced "nin-ten-donks".

I had an artist(me) collaborate with this VERIFIED source to create a rendering of the new system. This is *exactly* how it will look, minus a few differences in colour schemes, obviously.

Edit: Correct Quote

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Raserys posted:

tbh this looks better than any of the mockups

The truth is beautiful.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I will press the girls only button but I am a BOY!!!!! :shopkeeper:

Not for long if you keep pressing that button!

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

The Chairman posted:

that tweet was originally mine and I have to say this is the most beautiful thing I've ever inspired someone to create

I was super bored this morning and your drawing tickled my funny bone.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

3DSwap.avi

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a preorder here. I already own a WiiU so I can just buy BotW for that instead of shelling out $500 CAD, but the most confusing part for me is why the 1,2, Switch game isn't a pack-in. If it were, I think that would really alleviate the price issue, but the fact they want almost full price for it is nuts.

I would actually really like 1,2, Switch because I think my wife and I could play it together and we could have friends over to play as well, but I'm not buying it on principle alone. I'm not paying more for the Wii Sports/Nintendo Land of the Switch, especially when some of the games will probably need a second set of JoyCons, which are yet another hundred bucks.

I also hope the Treehouse stream is on point, because that presentation was a poo poo.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Nintendoland was a pack-in too, right? Not quite the same level of global appeal as Wii Sports, but still a pretty good general audience game.

Yeah, I really liked Nintendoland. It was a pretty decent party game and it helped explain what the gently caress the WiiU was. I wish they made some DLC for that honestly, I would've been all over that.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I'm also taking the 3rd of March off, but I freelance from home so no one will care with the exception of my dog. She'll be cool with it, though.

I don't really care how well the switch does, really. I've got a gaming PC and the switch will be the Nintendo box like the WiiU and Wii before it. I mean, I wish Nintendo well, as I do every platform holder, but in the end as long as I get my Marios and Zeldas and whatnot, then I'm set.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

post your dog

Okay.

I think she'll be fine with my decision to take the day off, as long as I don't kick her out of her sleepin' spot.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Lodin posted:

Please don't take that doggo to the park and then ignore it while you bomb dodongos.

No worries. I'm going to get her the official Hori Switch bandolier dog collar when it comes out and load all my switch cartridges around her neck. Then when we go to the park I can call her over to grab some new games, or set up the tablet on her back so me and my bros can play some NBA2k18 after we get tired of actual basketball.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

You can buy them that way, or just grey, or just red, or just blue.

This is what I'm gonna do. Grey for docked under the TV, neon blue for everything else.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I know just preordered one of these, but now I'd kinda like to see it fail.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I think that if you're in a hotel where you need a browser to access wifi, you can just log in with your phone, then create a wifi hotspot with said phone and connect from the Switch.

It's easy enough, but it's still a really weird idea to have a tablet-like device that has no browser or netflix functionality. Also, my wife will be pissed she can't watch Netflix on it because I traded the WiiU, her Netflix box, in to get a Switch and now it won't have Netflix.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

PerrineClostermann posted:

Your phone is using its Wifi antenna to either connect to wifi or produce the hotspot, not both.

Well that sucks then. I think I must be thinking of physically tethering, which would also not work with the Switch.

Hopefully they get their poo poo together and this is just something that's missing at launch, not forever.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I just bought this for my Nintendo Switch by Nintendo because it is elegant and understated just like myself.

I hope you all enjoy your Switches, unless you're angry at Nintendo, in which I case I hope you enjoy your other games by other people on other systems.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Hey case buddy, looks like there is an alternate version of the case thing if you are a huge dork!!!

https://www.amazon.ca/PDP-Nintendo-...nintendo+switch

E: Also a Mario one which is what I'mma get I think!!

https://www.amazon.ca/PDP-Nintendo-...nintendo+switch

Ooh, that Mario one is quite snazzy... I'll have to seriously consider that as well...

Also, why is it listed under Commodore Amiga?

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

i heard the switch is a turd c/d?

Easy D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Utnayan posted:

The only way this is getting fixed at launch is a loving coupon taped to the box for a new free controller.

A neon one? Oh God,I hope it's neon.

• Locked thread