Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked it as a cinematic experience, but I'm not even the most DC guy and I could tell poo poo was odd. I wouldn't blame people for disliking things and the movie. I do think Batfleck owns and so does super snarky Alfred. I am very excited for a potential solo Batman movie.

Also Michael Shannonwas very nice to come around and lay around mostly naked so much for the movie.

I also look forward to the hilarious sight people cosplaying as the Superman SS for years to come. Did have cool outfits though like a Boss.

[quote="QuoProQuid" lse has.

QuoProQuid posted:

also, how many times do i need to see peter parker get bitten by a spider

or see batman's parents die

or see jor-el send his son off in a rocket

i've never seen a comic book, but i think i, and the rest of the american public, have a pretty good sense of why these heroes exist.

Punisher War Zone and Dolph Punisher handled this better than anyone else ever has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

literally a hog posted:

Why? I honestly can't see him doing anything new or different that would warrant another solo movie.

Maybe a Batman: Beyond movie with crazy art style where hes just a retired old rear end in a top hat and crazy futuretech. Id probably go see that.

Henry Rollins could even play Mad Stan.

Mostly just because I enjoyed Affleck and Irons. It could be a rather standard entry truthfully. Also Zach Snyder wouldn't direct it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

There must be a lot of weird cognitive dissidence at the DC movie offices trying to ignore that the TV channel for tweens looking for j/o material does a better job telling stories than them.

Also the cartoon movies and the Lego batman one.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi posted:

.... what exactly are the powers of the bird the Robin that robin the man-boy embodies again?

Trapeze artist so flips and jumps and poo poo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edgar posted:

I like mystery men, that's a neat one. I really wish they make movies based off generic toys. I would love to see a megabloks or Corps! Movie.

Well there was Battleship.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

my only opinion on this film is that I hope what's her face as Wonder Woman is the only part that gets praised because comic book fans complained her tits were too small

I also recall some sperglords complaining about her being Israeli. :lol:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fauxtool posted:

the xxx version is much better and the costumes are way higher budget

I was wondering if they had announced that already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Batman is basically the Punisher in thus movie only less subtle

Bat Castle was cool.

• Locked thread