Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I had a bunch of errands to run today, so I busted out the slow cooker and made this: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017937-mississippi-roast

You can easily half that butter. It is way too greasy as listed.
I added in a little bit of beer. But the liquid and grease ratio was off. If I wasn't running out, I could have dumped the sauce into a pan to reduce it.
I seared the hell out of it in the cast iron before cooking, salt, pepper, and flour. I should have hacked it up slightly so I could get more seared ends.
The peppers basically turn to nothing. I think adding them in halfway through would have provided better texture. I also added jarred pepperoncinis for more vinegar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread