Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm thinking about making some pulled pork overnight in my slow cooker and then in the morning tossing a bunch of other ingredients to make something like pulled pork chili. Any recommendations for this sort of thing? I see a lot of recipes that involve cooking the pork in beer or root beer or cola, but I don't know if those are suited to this kind of operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Pulled pork chili actually turned out very good. Lots of spice, I put a ton of peppers in there. After 16 hours total cooking the pork was almost liquid, but very tasty.

adorai posted:

Whether using a slow cooker or in a stock pot, you can't go wrong substituting a light beer for water.

I picked up a bottle of Guinness Draught before seeing this post. I'll try some lighter beer in the future but this worked pretty well.

• Locked thread