Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
slow cookers are p great for midweek ribs when you don't have time to babysit a smoker for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

mindphlux posted:

I just disagree about the 'having other poo poo going on' being an excuse bit. you make time for what you think is worth spending time on.

I run two businesses, work 10 hour days on average, my wife does the same hour wise, and we still devote 2 hours to connect and cook dinner at least 3-4 nights a week.

we don't have kids, but if we did, I'm 78% confident what would give would be the work part - not the cooking part.

anyways, I'm not making GBS threads on it in terms of 'crock pot vs hungry man' - but just saying there are ways to make good non-crockpot food with very very little prep time. I just think using pots and pans as opposed to crock pots differs very little in terms of time spent cooking, and the former skews your chances of actually making something tasty in a very positive direction.

still, again, crock pots are fine. they make food. if that's what works for you, use a crock pot. no judgement. I should probably use one myself.

'i, one half of a rich DINK couple, can't understand how you paupers would want an almost fool-proof way to cook dinner instead of running the risk of ruining at 28 dollar piece of meat.'
'we can each easily sacrifice two hours of work and maintain our standard of living, but we don't because work allows us to avoid both each other, and the risk of true introspection leisure time provides'
'i identify with the working poor.'

• Locked thread