Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

5-6 lbs boneless pork country style ribs
Dry rub/seasoning blend of your choice

Apply dry rub generously to meat. Place meat in slow cooker. Turn on low 6-8 hours.

Remove pork from slow cooker and pull into shreds with two forks. Pour liquid from cooker into a saucepan and reduce over high heat until it thickens a bit. Pour over meat and toss to coat.

Eat a shitload of the pulled pork you just made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Can't say I've ever understood boiled peanuts.

"Hmm, these peanuts are salty and crunchy, two of my favorite characteristics...but gam-gam says that enjoying things too much is for sinners so I'd better boil them to remove the crunch."

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

BedBuglet posted:

1 (32 oz) jar of grape jelly
2 (12 oz) jars of Heinz chili sauce
3 lbs of cooked meatballs

I swear by this recipe. I know it sounds weird but google it and check out people's reviews if you don't believe me. This makes a meatball sauce that might as well be crack.

Heat the jelly and Heinz in your pot until the sauce dissolves, add meatballs. That simple.

Ha, gently caress that effort, you can just dump the meatballs in, pour the sauce and jelly over them, turn it on, and stir to combine when it's warm.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

MorgaineDax posted:

like a animal

Thank you for this.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

Um I'm going to replace the chili sauce with stubs BBQ sauce.

Don't, the chili sauce plus the sugar from the grape jelly makes it as sweet as a commercial BBQ sauce, but not SUPER cloying. Grape jelly plus BBQ sauce would be waaaaaaaaay too sweet.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Literally any soup you can make in a crock pot will work with the chicken stock you made.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

mindphlux posted:

• a. use a coffee grinder to grind them into eggshell-flour (good as a gluten free option)

Please do not give the gluten-free zealots any ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Keetron posted:

I made enchilada chicken to fill enchilada's with.

Used this recipe from the internet:
code:
2 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/3 cup chili powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste (optional)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Blend chicken broth, tomatoes, chili powder, flour, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne pepper in a blender until smooth.
Put chicken breast in bottom of a slow cooker; pour blended enchilada sauce over the chicken.
Cook on Low 8 to 9 hours (or 4 to 6 hours on High). Shred the chicken with 2 large forks and stir into the sauce.
However, being from Europe, there was no chili powder available here or I was being directed to chili-pepper powder and I had a feeling that in this quantity that would be a bad idea.
So I looked up chili powder recipes:
code:
    2 tablespoons paprika
    2 teaspoons oregano
    1 1⁄4 teaspoons cumin
    1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
    3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Wait a minute, that seems like it adds only some cayenne pepper and paprika, an onion and some more garlic.

So to make the sauce I tossed in a blender, until smooth:
two table spoons of paprika (powder, smoked (dont do this, use normal))
some oregano
a bunch of cumin, like 3 teaspoons
4 cloves of garlic
an onion in a few pieces
a pint of mushroom broth from cubes (out of chicken)
can of diced tomatoes
two large tablespoons of flour
some salt
some cayenne pepper and ground spanish pepper flakes and a few drops of tabasco, very yummy all.

Put in 9 chicken tits and then the sauce and stirred and then some 5 hours on low until the chicken fell apart. Shredded the chicken and put it back in the sauce. Next time will use normal paprika and two more so the final product isnt so sloshy and the chicken to sauce amount is more to my liking.

After you remove and shred the chicken, I'd recommend dumping the sauce into a pan and reducing it to a thickness and quantity of your liking.

• Locked thread