Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
:siren: A 2008 GWS thread about slowcookers got goldmined :siren:

I use mine for beef stew on weekdays for the reasons the guy above me posted. Recipe's a variation on one posted in that thread.

1 lb stew meat
2 large potatoes, peeled & chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cans' worth beef broth (sometimes I replace one can with a can of beef consomme, because yolo)
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp sage
1 tsp dry mustard
1 bay leaf
Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water mix (as needed to thicken)

Directions:

Brown the stew meat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove & add to crock pot. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add olive oil, garlic, onion and cook until onion is clear. Add to crock pot. Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and cook 6 hours over low heat.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Croatoan posted:

I'm sure that there are tons of recipes that utilize them that will make great food. Post those

Sorry to come off like the short kid raising his hand in the back of class but

• Locked thread