Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
3 lb chuck roast
2 cloves of garlic (slice the roast and insert them)
half bottle dry red wine (as cheap as you can get)
two beef bouillon cubes
half jar of pepperoncini
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil

cook on low for 8 hours hours or until it falls apart. Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone and pepperoncini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

mindphlux posted:

also one thing I very much object to about people who legitimize crock pots and frumpy lowest common denominator recipies
My crock pot gets two uses: food days at work when people will be grazing all day long and days when my personal life leaves me too busy to actually cook anything, but i know i won't want to eat out. Generally the latter occurs only due to my child's extra curricular activities.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Perry Normal posted:

I'm thinking about making some pulled pork overnight in my slow cooker and then in the morning tossing a bunch of other ingredients to make something like pulled pork chili. Any recommendations for this sort of thing? I see a lot of recipes that involve cooking the pork in beer or root beer or cola, but I don't know if those are suited to this kind of operation.
Whether using a slow cooker or in a stock pot, you can't go wrong substituting a light beer for water.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

(admittedly I only use it for stock)
The best stock I ever made I used a slow cooker stock recipe in a pressure cooker for 1 hour instead of overnight, and it was pretty great.

BedBuglet posted:

I'm making a beef stew. Are you saying I should replace all water with lime bud light? Seems legit.
I'm not sure about the lime, but if it was regular bud light, sure. It wouldn't hurt, and might help. Only downside is bud light is $0.50/can.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

mindphlux posted:

we don't have kids, but if we did, I'm 78% confident what would give would be the work part - not the cooking part.
I can see you have life figured out. Good job sir, please continue to explain to others why they are dumb for not reducing the hours they work so they can spend more time with their kids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Gaz2k21 posted:

is there anything easy and relatively healthy I can use the stock for that I can cook in my slow cooker?
You can sub chicken stock for water and it will be better 99% of the time. But rather than use it in the crock pot, save it for the next time you make pasta. Use 50/50 (homemade) stock and water, you'll be amazed at how much better the pasta tastes.

• Locked thread