Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Virtue posted:

I have an instant pot and the bones from a costco rotisserie chicken. How much water should I use to make a stock?

I've used up to 6, depending on how big your crock pot is. I've also had decent luck making a second (weaker) batch of broth with the same bones with carrots, onions and celery.

Edit: just noticed you said instant pot. Not sure if that would still work, but it might!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Don't tell me how to live my life!

fake edit: I know, I know, but sometimes you just gotta do poo poo that's inadvisable. And it honestly tasted pretty good.

How long would you cook this abomination? It sounds delicious.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

As a recovering vegetarian, chicken is the most daunting meat for me to cook and handle because I'm always terrified of not cooking it enough. I actually like the shredded texture the slow cooker gives chicken, and I like it because I'm like :byodame: IT'S SAFE TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!

Get a meat thermometer and try roasting a whole fryer, that's where the magic is!

• Locked thread